: Any V's going to the USGP?

f2000keith
06-01-06, 03:50 PM
We've been going to the USGP for the past 5 years, but this year is the first for my V! I called to see if there was a V series corral, but they didn't have anything. I've never parked in the 'special' area on the back section of the oval where all the cool cars park so now I want to. The ticket lady gave me a pass for corral parking anyway so maybe we can make our own V section if anyone else is going...

TampaV
06-01-06, 04:29 PM
I also have gone to the USGP for the past 5 years, but the 2005 debacle with 6 cars will be my last. What a joke. Bernie doesn't give a crap for the fans who traveled great distances at considerable expense to be there. Come on, are you telling me there was no way to come up with a way to run that race with all of the drivers???? That's the last money I will spend on F1.

Have fun in Indy. I'm sure it will be a great show. There may even be a pass on the track during the race. No, that's probably wishful thinking. If there are any passes they'll probably be during a pit stop.

f2000keith
06-01-06, 06:50 PM
I agree about the whole Michelin situation. It was a big disappointment to say the very least. I'm afraid that the F1 championship is much more important than putting on a show for the fans to Max and Bernie. I agree with them that it wasn't fair to handicap the course because Bridgestone was able to function so why should Bridgestone teams have needed change everything to accomodate rivals in order to race? One good thing to say about this years race is that IT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN. :) I wonder if it will visually be noticable if the crowd count is down...

guyspat
06-01-06, 11:04 PM
I might be driving to Indy if I can swap my plane ticket for a flight to Montreal the weekend before. You see I have this little problem driving through NY State due to unpaid speeding tickets and the V will only exacerbate the problem.

The Indy F1 weekend and the V have a special relationship for me. At the 2003 race I saw my first V in person along with its racing brother at a Cadillac display. I decided right then and there that when it came time to get a new car it would be a CTS-V.

Yeah the race last year was joke, but Alonso has some real competition this year from Schumacher and Raikkonen is competitive when his car is running. In addition, qualifying is really exciting again with the new knock out system.

Back to the topic at hand if I do drive I would be interested in a corral and for that matter any kind of gathering formal or informal.