: Feedback needed for New LS6 trunk emblem....

austin
06-01-06, 11:43 AM
This is fantastic news if their is interest,

I Just talked to rich at http://www.carmotorsports.com/emblems_LS.htm he is looking to see how much interest would their be if they took the matching corvette side fender brushed LS6 emblem from the above link, and shortened it/fattened it up, and then chromed/painted it to match the "V" logo.

This emblem would replace the "cts" emblem on the trunk. He is also looking for design ideas and feedback from current "V" owners. Again, If the interest is their, this will be made in chrome for the current LS6 and LS2 "V".

I just quickly redisgned this one (its only a picture... use your imagination as what the finished product would look like), and stuck it on this older photo i found. What do you guys think, do you like my re-design, would you like to see it made in chrome. :)

trukk
06-01-06, 12:32 PM
I like the current red LS6 one. I bought one about 1.5 years ago, misplaced it , and just re-found it last week :D I plan to put it on hear in the near future.

No interest from me in a chrome jobie.

-Chris

OldRoadDawg
06-01-06, 12:43 PM
I'd be very much interested in a 'tweaked' LS6 emblem in chrome. I never cared for the brushed finish.

P-Funk
06-01-06, 01:49 PM
I kinda like the idea of chroming it but no really the shortened it/fattened it up idea.

austin
06-01-06, 05:32 PM
Everyone is welcome to post their design here. We can then take a poll on which one to use, and if all goes well, pass it on to be made in chrome to match the "V" correctly..... Just download the photo of the "V" i used, black out the emblem, and re-edit it to your liking, and repost it.

dqw1
06-01-06, 05:47 PM
A more subtle chrome LS6 would be more acceptable to my eyes. Only the few of us that knows what a V, or AMG, R/T,SRT and maybe M3/5 really means will recognize and respect the badging. So far the "V" itself does that to the knowing. Everyone else thinks its a regular CTS until you hit it.

CVP33
06-01-06, 08:37 PM
I like the original from CarMotorsports.

austin
06-01-06, 09:30 PM
>I like the original from CarMotorsports.

After talking with rich (the owner) from CarMotorsports, he noted that this emblem is a side fender emblem for a corvette. It is not meant to be used on a cts-v rear trunk, as its shape (long & skinny) is not right for a trunk emblem. It is strictly a fender emblem. Plus the fact that the corvette uses brushed emblems and the cts-v has chrome emblems. It is made to compliment a corvette. If you happy with it thats fine. But their is now an opportunity to have a correct custom one made for the cts-v.

CVP33
06-01-06, 09:32 PM
>I like the original from CarMotorsports.

After talking with rich (the owner) from CarMotorsports, he noted that this emblem is a side fender emblem for a corvette. It is not meant to be used on a cts-v rear trunk, as its shape (long & skinny) is not right for a trunk emblem. It is strictly a fender emblem. Plus the fact that the corvette uses brushed emblems and the cts-v has chrome emblems. It is made to compliment a corvette. If you happy with it thats fine. But their is now an opportunity to have a correct custom one made for the cts-v.

By all means. Customize away. :thumbsup:

Florian
06-01-06, 09:41 PM
I like my V w/o the advertisements on it, keeps those that want to play on their toes. Just "V" for me please...

F

austin
06-01-06, 09:43 PM
Rich wants to know what we would want, what would catch our eyes, and most of all, compliment the "V" emblem on the car. All suggestions are welcome. My idea was just a quick mock-up, just to get the ball rolling. As you can see, i tweeked the emblem you like, but not enough to realy do it justice due to just playing with it in microsoft paint. So it kinda came out cartoonish looking. I know you guys can better.

CVP33
06-01-06, 09:48 PM
http://www.forum-auto.com/uploads/200412/corvette_1103730817_corvette_z06_6___emblem.jpg

austin
06-01-06, 10:07 PM
> http://www.forum-auto.com/uploads/20...6___emblem.jpg

Nice. If someone could draw it and post it as LS6, that would be nice.

lawfive
06-01-06, 11:49 PM
I like the brushed one; I almost put it on the trunk but decided I like it best with a V and no CTS.

austin
06-02-06, 02:13 PM
How about in yellow to exactly match the "V" emblems yellow... This may give a little xtra flash.... Remember the finished product would be chrome, and not look like dull silver paint..

Also...

I stretched them out more. Right now, this one is my favorite. It is closest to the website one that alot of folks seem to like. I'll put it next to my original one for comparison.

nikon
06-02-06, 03:04 PM
hmm, what about something totally different, such as a big L with the s6 sitting on top of the bottom line of the L??? I dunno looks good in my head :)

austin
06-02-06, 03:30 PM
>hmm, what about something totally different, such as a big L with the s6 sitting on top of the bottom line of the L???

Like this??

AmesCTS-V
06-02-06, 04:25 PM
I like my LS6 emblem despite the fact that it's not right to be used on a trunk. Actually a lot of people comment on it and like it.

http://www.blackcts-v.com/Albums/CTSV/Emblem/DSC01578.JPG

nikon
06-02-06, 04:53 PM
>hmm, what about something totally different, such as a big L with the s6 sitting on top of the bottom line of the L???

Like this??

ya something like that, but you know how the CTS that was there was just the letters??? well Im talking like just the letters I think it would flow better as in no little background...only the LS6 but in the way I described it.

BadCad
06-02-06, 05:04 PM
the original is still the best one, in my humble opinion. :thumbsup:

wanna freak out the competition? make it read LS9.

nikon
06-02-06, 05:32 PM
ok heres a quick mockup, but eh I dont think I like it anymore...I dunno I do like that one right above though, where'd you get that? rip it off the Strut bar?

oh ya and imagine that in chrome :) and you would also be able to see your cars paint through the letters and such.

austin
06-02-06, 06:57 PM
Ok guys....

I think one of these could be in the running... I Hope yoy guys like them. It took alot of work to get it to this stage. We'll have a poll once more ideas hit. So far so good, keep em coming.

nikon, here is a spin on your idea as well, just to mix it up a little. I wanted to do a small chrome outline around your red letters as this looks the best, and is needed to tie the emblem togeather.... But my hands are not steady to do it justice!! :)

Barak
06-02-06, 10:42 PM
I love the idea, but so far I really don't like any of the proposed designs. I like what BadCad did with his and the original fender badge looks pretty good too, but I would really like to see one that is based off the new ZO6 emblem. I'll talk to my graphic design friend and see what he can come up with.

BadCad
06-03-06, 03:03 PM
based on the new Z06 emblem, it might look like this...

BadCad
06-03-06, 03:17 PM
or this

Barak
06-03-06, 03:17 PM
That looks good!:thumbsup: The second one I like the better.

austin
06-03-06, 03:22 PM
Here is BadCad's original emblem in edited form.... As his is three seperate letter/numbers, i edited it so it is now one producable emblem.

I agree, its clean looking. It could also be made to exactly match the cts emblem it replaces in size.

Anyways... Good job, keep em' coming, we'll do a poll (at some point) with the top five or so emblems. :)

nikon
06-03-06, 07:26 PM
That looks good!:thumbsup: The second one I like the better.

DITTTTTTOOOO!!! That looks hot, id buy it.

austin
06-03-06, 10:37 PM
Ok, good, keep em coming.

ctsvett
06-03-06, 11:58 PM
that last one looks like L56 not LS6

I actually spent a minute trying to figure out what a L56 was... I like the Orange L in the sphere.... (badcads second post)

Reed

austin
06-04-06, 07:40 AM
>that last one looks like L56 not LS6

Good catch, it was late night when i did it, how does it look now, i just edited my previous post.. Thanks..

OldRoadDawg
06-04-06, 10:36 AM
I'm not sure if I like the S merging into the 6. I've been trying to find some letters that make the LS distinguishable from the 6, so that it doesn't look like 56, but haven't found anything I like yet. Tried the individual plastic pieces (see pic) but not happy with them either. (And the chrome is starting to bubble) They are coming off today. I'm looking for just chrome, since the V emblem has the colors in it. Probably should have stopped after removing the CTS. Keep screwing with it and I'll end up repainting the trunk lid. :rolleyes:

austin
06-04-06, 10:48 AM
More like this, accenting the "LS" in red, seperating it from the "6"?

nikon
06-04-06, 04:55 PM
More like this, accenting the "LS" in red, seperating it from the "6"?

ya. I like that, everyone always just accents the L then the S6 run together, I like this, but is it going to go anywhere? will someone actually produce it??

austin
06-04-06, 05:19 PM
>I like this, but is it going to go anywhere?

First we all need to agree on the emblem, A the moment, i like this one of these "of my recent designs", but again, we need a poll with atleast five choices, everyone has to agree on "the one" to be made. Second we need a commit list to buy it, and third, present it to the company that will produce it (maybe car motorsports), and last, for what price. This will not happen overnight.. But it is getting their. :)

StealthV
06-04-06, 06:20 PM
How about the opposite? The LS in chrome and the 6 in red?

austin
06-04-06, 06:45 PM
>How about the opposite? The LS in chrome and the 6 in red?

Thats an idea.... Hows this look to you guys?

BadCad
06-05-06, 08:37 PM
:) :)

austin
06-05-06, 09:03 PM
Nice art work BadCad, very clean,

Can you put the oversized 6 to the right of the LS, kinda like i did above. Just curious how it would look that way with your lettering. Thanks..

arr0gant
06-06-06, 10:58 AM
Sorry for the critisism, I think it looks stupid.

austin
06-06-06, 11:23 PM
>Sorry for the critisism, I think it looks stupid.

Hey... Where all just tossing ideas around here.... Your welcome to submit a design as well. No idea is stupid. It just might not be to your liking. :)

dqw1
06-07-06, 08:23 AM
I like OldRoadDawg's 5.7, LS6 Chrome only!
5.7 would look good on it's own imo.

austin
06-07-06, 01:10 PM
GooD News!!!!!

Just Recieved an email today from rich at carmotorsports. He has been monitoring this thread, and told me that a new CTS-V emblem will soon be in the works from them, and will be released in about two months. That is all i know for now...

Darryl
06-07-06, 07:16 PM
Count me in when they come out. Let me know.

austin
06-08-06, 09:44 AM
At this point, i'd have to say their is enough good ideas on this post. What ever carmotorsports comes up with, i'm sure it will be a high quality piece. :)

Darryl
06-09-06, 03:41 PM
.......now I just have to find the "6" . I removed the CTS emblem, removed the top leg of the "C", removed the "T", moved the "S" over and abracadabrah- I have an original design "LS" emblem. Now I just have to find the "6". Any ideas? Or does it even matter?

tweeter81
06-14-06, 12:16 PM
Austin,

Thanks, updates periodically on the status of the emblem would be awesome. I am planning on putting on a different emblem on the car around the fourth of July, so hopefully something happens before then, if not, I will just use the LS6 (aluminum, not chrome) one that is already out there.

austin
06-16-06, 03:12 PM
I will give a call in a month and see if i can get an update... I have no idea what their design is going to look like.

I was just on www.carmotorsports.com and saw this ws6 emblem, i couldn't help myself but to download it, edit it, just to see what it would look like as LS6... :)

livingthedream
06-16-06, 06:32 PM
I know this is off the subject, but one set of emblems I have put on that look GOOD TO ME.... are the little bitty GM emblems that come now on all 2006 and beyond cars (lower front fenders behind the tires in front of doors down low).

Got a set at my dealer ($4.75 for the pair) and stuck em on....exactly where they go on the 06.

livingthedream
turn the key and smile.

P-Funk
06-19-06, 11:45 AM
I know this is off the subject, but one set of emblems I have put on that look GOOD TO ME.... are the little bitty GM emblems that come now on all 2006 and beyond cars (lower front fenders behind the tires in front of doors down low).

:yeah:
I really like the way they look on mine.

lonestranger
06-20-06, 01:59 PM
My only comment is that due to how so many of the "furin" cars mark their cars on the trunk to indicate "number of cylinders" etc., to use the LS6 emblem tends to indicate to most of the unwashed masses that you have a "6 cylinder luxury sedan" , hensce the emblem on the deck lid - of course, you may want to lay that red herring out there - don't ya know!!!