: Upstate NY upper Hudson Valley Area

codewize
06-01-06, 09:03 AM
Anyone between Kingston and Albany? I think this topic should be moved higher on the board. It should NOT be the last thing.

codewize
07-20-06, 08:34 AM
Is anyone in the area planning to attend the GoodGuys show in Rhinebeck, NY this year. It's September 15, 16, 17.

Details Here (http://www.good-guys.com/events/event_detail.asp?eventID=RHINE06)

Night Wolf
07-20-06, 10:53 AM
Born in Clintondale, grew up there as well as Highland and New Paltz (all go hand in hand, heh) lived in Kingston for a few months now i live in FL.

Thats a great show... but... I will not be able to make it this year :(.

codewize
07-21-06, 04:41 PM
It is a great show. Sorry to hear you're so far away. I hope I can make it myself. Something always seems to get in the way of car activities.

linearone
08-17-06, 06:34 AM
I'm in wappingers falls, wanna make a club?

codewize
08-17-06, 05:31 PM
Well that's a little ways away. I'm in Catskill but I'd be willing to participate. What did you have in mind.

codewize
12-08-06, 06:46 PM
Anyone else in the area? I want a Cadillac club so bad around here and there's just no one to participate. I hate always being the one to drive 3 hrs for a meet.

Any ideas on how to get the word out? Things to say?

FactoryFast
10-24-08, 02:20 AM
I just bought a V and live in monroe ny....

C0RSA1R
12-11-08, 10:22 PM
I live in Albany. Not exactly in the valley, but not on the Moon either.

KrazyKeith
01-19-09, 12:50 PM
Nassau, NY here, I'm about 15 mins from albany, ny !!!

thebigjimsho
01-19-09, 10:22 PM
Youse guise pimp out in Troy, or what?

KrazyKeith
01-20-09, 07:12 PM
Pimpin aint easy but I drive through troy once and awhile.

I used to live in troy,near frear park with an Ex. My Parents are in the latham/watervliet area.

Nice to see some other locals around!

:cool2:

FactoryFast
01-27-09, 11:23 PM
Im in Monroe NY and would be interested in some sort of local gathering...lmk

codewize
02-01-09, 09:05 PM
Oh look, we actually have some interest in this now.

Well hello gentlemen. All of you sound like you're well within the region.

You know what I've found, the best thing to do if you ant to meet, greet, and hang out with other car guys is to join the local Cadillac - LaSalle chapter and participate. It's the best thing I've ever done as far as car club go. They're serious, they're active and they take everyone else seriously.

It's well worth the time and effort.

If you guys want to meet and hang out some night or something that's fine too but since you're all in the Albany area anyway you'd really bet better off investing the time in a real club. The club is based out of Schenectady I think and the weekly / monthly meetings are in Latham.

More info here http://clubs.hemmings.com/frameset.cfm?club=nycapdistcadlasalle

codewize
02-01-09, 09:07 PM
You're pretty far south of us. I'm still willing to have meets but you may be better off joining you're local chapter as well.

Im in Monroe NY and would be interested in some sort of local gathering...lmk

fnoti
03-13-09, 07:37 PM
Id be interested as well. I live in Utica. Ive gone to the lasalle site by region and nothing looks like its been updated. I emailed some of the officers and never heard back.

codewize
03-13-09, 09:52 PM
Really? Any phone numbers available? If you can't get in touch with anyone locally call the national club and ask for help.

They're pretty serious from what I've seen and unless the chapter has been dismantled, they're responsible for keeping info current. I know my local guys take it very seriously. I get regular news letters and emails about upcoming events, meetings, shows, meets etc.

King Steve
03-24-09, 06:33 PM
I'm not from the NY area really, but since I see you're involved in the Cadillac Lasalle club for your area, maybe you can tell me this. It seems they have a serious emphasis on or majority of very old cars, going by the pics I was checking out at my local chapter. How true does this seem to be? What approximate percentage of the cars are like, pre-80s? Just wondering because I am much more familiar with 80s and beyond Cadillacs, so I'm wondering if the club is right for me. Thanks.

codewize
03-24-09, 08:37 PM
King Steve. I'm in the same boat as you are. My guys also focus on the old timers, however, when I asked about that situation they assured me that everyone was welcome.

I showed last year at their annual meet and I would say out of the 20 - 25 cars that showed, there were 5 - 7 newer than 1980. There were some late 70's stuff as well as cars back to the mid 50's

So from what I can tell it's just worked out that way but don't be scared to get together with them. Most of the time you'll have the opportunity to attend a few meeting to meet the people and see what the club is all about before making any commitments.

My chapter is a great bunch of guys and I was definitely welcomed to the club.

King Steve
03-27-09, 10:14 AM
Yeah, in the pics I saw one Deville like mine and a couple new CTS's...other than that...all older. I'm still considering it though, as I do want an active local group of Caddy enthusiasts to hang with..

1-2-N-V
04-22-09, 03:11 PM
hey I'm in Dutchess co, Fishkill. Just Got My 09 V in Black Raven. AKA The Bat Mobile.
Love to meet you guys.
mike

R1chard
04-23-09, 01:34 AM
Hey,
Binghamton NY here!

http://www.remax.com/images/states/NY_Map.gif

I'm up for a meet. :thumbsup:

SS427
05-13-09, 06:48 PM
I'm from Maine but in New Paltz for school during the year with my 90 STS. Great area, and I even found a yard with an 88 STS and 91 STS among a bunch of other early 90s Caddies!
Steve

Night Wolf
05-14-09, 09:03 PM
I'm from Maine but in New Paltz for school during the year with my 90 STS. Great area, and I even found a yard with an 88 STS and 91 STS among a bunch of other early 90s Caddies!
Steve

Man.....

Go to Rino's pizzeria in the Cherry Hill plaza (across from the "new" stop & shop) for me please.

Reading this whole thread sends me back to NY, just hearing all the towns again etc.... I spent the first 18yrs of my life there, and I've been away coming up on 4yrs now. I don't think I'll move back up there, atleast not in the foreseeable future, but it'll always be real home to me.

codewize
05-15-09, 07:54 AM
There was no STS in 88. Although I've heard people say that before. 89 was the first year the STS package was available, at least officially. For some reason I'm getting a feeling that there may have been an 88 1/2 preview or something but 89 was the first official year according to the 89 documentation.

If you have a 90, that's awesome. you should know that my 89 is for sale.

Oh yeah, I'm in Catskill

Steve

SS427
05-17-09, 06:49 AM
Cool, yeah I had heard that they only made a handful of 88's which didn't make sense to me since I have seen so many over the years. I have the SPID label from the spare tire cover, as well as the build sheet from the trunk lid (common location in both GM E/K bodies) and both show YP6 with all the STS goodies..It's the real deal. We all need to get together sometime! Hopefully my 5 speed Eldo will be done by next fall. I am sick of driving an auto! lol
Steve

itschrome
06-10-09, 12:11 PM
Hey,
Binghamton NY here!

http://www.remax.com/images/states/NY_Map.gif

I'm up for a meet. :thumbsup:

oh you poor poor soul.. i grew up there.

any ways Albany now and would be down for a meet up. dont have anything special, just a 96 SLS. none the less a caddy meet sounds like fun. count me in.

codewize
06-10-09, 02:19 PM
On July 18th my local CLC is having a meet / BBQ at OTTO Cadillac on Central Ave.

I'm not sure how many will be attending but it's sure to be a great time.

If you're in the Albany area you should also know about this
http://www.corvettehacks.com/guptills.JPG

and definitely this.
http://capitalcarshows.com/

itschrome
06-10-09, 03:40 PM
On July 18th my local CLC is having a meet / BBQ at OTTO Cadillac on Central Ave.

I'm not sure how many will be attending but it's sure to be a great time.

If you're in the Albany area you should also know about this
http://www.corvettehacks.com/guptills.JPG

and definitely this.
http://capitalcarshows.com/

I live not far from OTTO I'll definitely have to swing by and check it out. like i said mine is nothing great, but she's not junk either. thanks for the links too, soo many show i didn't know about. what i really hate is living where i live is all the wanna be street racer gather on washington and end up ripping down my road as well.. ugh.

codewize
06-13-09, 01:04 PM
I understand your frustration, that's why I joined the club.

No one passes judgment on normal daily drivers. Some of the guys show up in very nicely restored classics and some show up in well driven unmodified cars. They're all cars, they're all Cadillacs and it's about the love of the game.

Bring what you have, consider joining the club, you'll have a great time. Ironically enough, I just took over managing the clubs website

http://clubs.hemmings.com/frameset.cfm?club=nycapdistcadlasalle

For various reasons the site has been neglected for the last 3 years and it needs a lot more work but you'll find up-to-date information about some goings on around the area.

codewize
06-21-09, 10:47 AM
Anyone here going to the Good Guys show in Rhinebeck ?

codewize
07-17-09, 05:55 PM
Don't forget the OTTO show tomorrow. OTTO Cadillac on Central ave, Albany NY form 9 - 3

There will be a BBQ on site, bring a car.

codewize
07-20-09, 10:11 PM
So did anyone here make it to the OTTO show? I kept asking people and everyone kept saying 'what forums?'

So I'm assuming not.

It was pretty nice. We had great weather, the club showed up with about 25 members cars and several non members strolled in as well.

We had a nice BBQ, sold some shirts, signed up 3 new members and over all just had a great time.

If you want to get involved you have to come out.

Trouble81
08-24-09, 05:17 AM
i wish i would have signed up on here a few months earlier i live right down the road from otto and had no clue about a show damn theres always the next one

codewize
08-24-09, 03:32 PM
Not really, the club hasn't done a show there in 30 years. This one took a lit of organizing but it was great.

If you're in this area you should join the club. Come out and play, hit the local Cruise-In's. They're all over the place.

Ask me for a list but a lot of them can be found on our loacl chapter site http://cadillaclasalle.org/

i wish i would have signed up on here a few months earlier i live right down the road from otto and had no clue about a show damn theres always the next one

mrny25
10-27-09, 01:14 AM
Hey what's up, Troy NY here..

codewize
10-27-09, 11:50 PM
Hey there, welcome. How may I help you :)

Hey what's up, Troy NY here..

Alex-H
12-01-09, 09:49 PM
So did anyone here make it to the OTTO show? I kept asking people and everyone kept saying 'what forums?'

So I'm assuming not.

It was pretty nice. We had great weather, the club showed up with about 25 members cars and several non members strolled in as well.

We had a nice BBQ, sold some shirts, signed up 3 new members and over all just had a great time.

If you want to get involved you have to come out.

Hey guys just joined the forum, born in Troy now live just outside of Schenectady. I drive a '97 SLS but might be upgrading to an '02 STS this week. I was at this show with a couple friends, we went down in my friends fathers red '59 convertable that won i think drivers choice. We had a great time, awesome cars, you may remember us as the three 18 year old kids in the red '59 (Tom Nicchis car). I would be very interested in any future meets.

codewize
12-02-09, 11:42 PM
Welcome to the Forums, I'm the guy with the moded 01 DTS, black wheels, etc. I was along the side under the trees.

Watch the local chapter website, listed above, for events. I keep it pretty well up to date

Hey guys just joined the forum, born in Troy now live just outside of Schenectady. I drive a '97 SLS but might be upgrading to an '02 STS this week. I was at this show with a couple friends, we went down in my friends fathers red '59 convertable that won i think drivers choice. We had a great time, awesome cars, you may remember us as the three 18 year old kids in the red '59 (Tom Nicchis car). I would be very interested in any future meets.

Alex-H
12-04-09, 11:26 AM
I remember your car, you were next the guy with the Black Fleetwood, Coupe Deville and one or two other cars right? Whats the website for the club?

codewize
12-04-09, 04:57 PM
It's
http://cadillaclasallecapdist.org/

As we're at the end of the year there are only a few things on the 2010 calendar so far but as soon as spring rolls around the activities list will grow.

I remember your car, you were next the guy with the Black Fleetwood, Coupe Deville and one or two other cars right? Whats the website for the club?

codewize
01-12-10, 11:53 PM
Where are my new guys? Are we ready for spring yet?

How many new faces will I see around this year.

People keep saying they want to join but I'm not seeing it happen. Does anyone have questions about the club in general? Can I help with anything?

Black Sunshine
01-21-10, 06:15 PM
If you plan to attend All GM Nationals @ Carlisle this year......or if you can offer some help or if ya just want to hang out. Sign on. Join the group. May be a good tool to help get this thing off the ground.

http://www.facebook.com/index.php?lh...d=253044674783 (http://www.facebook.com/index.php?lh=25c574fd626a9b472b901afc7534dd05&#/group.php?gid=253044674783)