: thunder valley, here i come!

mlg
06-01-06, 01:27 AM
have never run a car down the 1/4 mile. thunder valley/ bristolmotor speedway is 25 min away. my s03s are almost toast so ill finish them off tommorrow. only 10 bux for unlimited runs. ill make 4-5 runs and call it a memory. any suggestions for rear tire press? wish me luck.

stkshkr
06-01-06, 12:29 PM
28-30

Adam
06-01-06, 01:02 PM
have never run a car down the 1/4 mile. thunder valley/ bristolmotor speedway is 25 min away. my s03s are almost toast so ill finish them off tommorrow. only 10 bux for unlimited runs. ill make 4-5 runs and call it a memory. any suggestions for rear tire press? wish me luck.

haha i'll probably be there tomorrow (wont be running though). im not sure i'll be there though cause the guy that is supposed to be working for me hasnt called back yet. do you go there often? hey are you going to the Super Chevy Show?

DansCTSV
06-01-06, 01:24 PM
Before I got drag radials I would air the F1's down to about 12 - 15 psi. That seemed to hook up the best. I was able to get 2.1 short times with those tires. With street tires I would go around the water pit and then just spin them a bit to get the dirt off. No need to heat them up. In fact, I think it makes them greasy when you do.

Good luck and try to get some video or pictures.

Mine are at http://home.comcast.net/~dansctsv/

These are from last year, I haven't made it to the track this summer yet.

trukk
06-01-06, 01:38 PM
Before I got drag radials I would air the F1's down to about 12 - 15 psi. That seemed to hook up the best. I was able to get 2.1 short times with those tires. With street tires I would go around the water pit and then just spin them a bit to get the dirt off. No need to heat them up. In fact, I think it makes them greasy when you do.

Good luck and try to get some video or pictures.

Mine are at http://home.comcast.net/~dansctsv/

These are from last year, I haven't made it to the track this summer yet.

Dan, if you go this low, doesn't it engage the TPS warning, which won't let you turn off TC?

-Chris

DansCTSV
06-01-06, 01:48 PM
I didn't have a problem. I run my drag radials down that low too without a problem.

mlg
06-01-06, 03:53 PM
have been to t valley once for the big boys;impressive and once last summer for run what u brung,. will be there tonite in silver v for a once in a lifetime run. this car is my daily driver so ill limit it to 1 abusive nite and hope the diff doesnt explode.

haha i'll probably be there tomorrow (wont be running though). im not sure i'll be there though cause the guy that is supposed to be working for me hasnt called back yet. do you go there often? hey are you going to the Super Chevy Show?