: Moldy's V traded :-(

moldowan
06-01-06, 12:16 AM
Well the texans couldn't help stop my itching wallet-:bigroll:
I am sad to say I have traded the V in for a cls55 AMG!
The V was a love/hate affair with me, the most engaging and fun car i have EVER owned (including my srt-10 viper) But also the most troublesome as well. I will trade the V's great handling for the very good handling of the cls55 , Minus the damn clunk/bang the V had over speed bumps that the dealer NEVER could resolve :tisk: ,I will trade a fast ls6 the insanely fast 55 kompressor engine, I will get more luxury in the cls55, yes it will not be a engaging as the V but i still have the snake for those days!
This is the 1st forum I have ever belonged to and really like the guys here, your all a class act in my book:)
Take care of each other and your V's I know when i see one driving down the road I will feel a pang in my heart!!!!!
Oh yeah I forgot what i will miss the most............. the sound of the mighty V....best damn sounding car in the world too me!!!

StealthV
06-01-06, 12:21 AM
Huh? What? :eek:

Please tell me you at least kept your FFV #0032. :confused:

Merc. At least it's the right color. :highfive:

Got a pulley ordered yet? :cowboy:

wildwhl
06-01-06, 12:23 AM
When I first read the title I thought it said "Moldy is Vtarded".

Judging from the color of the Merc I guess you're not.

Time to find the kompress-er-more forum and get her up to speed.

Take care :thumbsup:

WW

VELOSE
06-01-06, 12:28 AM
Makes sense for you Moldy. Have fun in that beast. We'll see you in the next lane.:stirpot:

moldowan
06-01-06, 12:32 AM
LOL- I am Vtarded!!!!!!!!
Rick, some lucky dude will get the FFV with the V!!!
I have a set of fg-2 shocks I could take off tommorrow and I could take the hotchkiss bars off and sell them to some guys here- but y'all better be fast on the keys as I am bring'in her in at noon tommorrow.
Also I have a set (4) of wheels either the stockers or the optional ones to sell with f1's on them. the dealer quoted the trade with the optional ones on but if I swap I don't think they would even notice!!!!
Also i have the hawk pads (no dust) new in box never installed that i will get rid of as well.
All the above will be relatively cheap too.
-Moldy

wildwhl
06-01-06, 12:38 AM
I'm up for FG2's...

WW

CadillacSTS42005
06-01-06, 12:39 AM
Ffv?

moldowan
06-01-06, 12:47 AM
Oh you don't have a V with FFV!!!!!!!!!!!!
you got ripped....call stealthV he'll set you up!

urbanski
06-01-06, 06:18 AM
lets make a deal for the hawk pads

mike041357
06-01-06, 07:06 AM
I'll get in line behind Urb for the Hawk pads. I don't have enough posts to PM but you can email me at mike@4snyds.com. Some days I just don't get up early enough!
Thanks!

dqw1
06-01-06, 07:55 AM
Nice Black AMG. :thumbsup:
Good luck!

Kadonny
06-01-06, 08:36 AM
God thats a beauty. I just saw my first CLS55 yesterday. What a fricking beautiful machine.

Good luck!

Florian
06-01-06, 08:37 AM
If WW bails on the FG2s, Ill be happy to take em....

F

MSJ
06-01-06, 08:41 AM
awwww :( hate to see you got rid of the V, but your new ride looks simply gorgeous. I've been looking at the e55 AMG's, but after seeing your new ride I think I'll go look at the cls55 AMG. After you get her broken in, come back and give us your impressions :)

all the best to you Moldy!
mike

trekster
06-01-06, 09:12 AM
LOL- I am Vtarded!!!!!!!!
Rick, some lucky dude will get the FFV with the V!!!
I have a set of fg-2 shocks I could take off tommorrow and I could take the hotchkiss bars off and sell them to some guys here- but y'all better be fast on the keys as I am bring'in her in at noon tommorrow.
Also I have a set (4) of wheels either the stockers or the optional ones to sell with f1's on them. the dealer quoted the trade with the optional ones on but if I swap I don't think they would even notice!!!!
Also i have the hawk pads (no dust) new in box never installed that i will get rid of as well.
All the above will be relatively cheap too.
-Moldye-mail me about the fg2 and hotchikis at lord_majesty@comcast.net

Florian
06-01-06, 09:15 AM
BB,

Youre 3rd in line on the FG2's and Hotchkis stuff....not that it means anything.

F

trekster
06-01-06, 09:24 AM
BB,

Youre 3rd in line on the FG2's and Hotchkis stuff....not that it means anything.

F
F,
I Know

-BB

moldowan
06-01-06, 09:24 AM
Mike,
It was a toss up against the E55/cls55 and a 5k mile as new in gargage queen Rs6 in ohio (missano red).
I ALWAYS regreted not buying a rs6 back in 2003 so I really wanted the rs6. After discussing it with my better half (not for approvable but for her opinion, because i value it:) ) And doing exhaustive research on it I came to the conclusion that: The rs6 is not reliable (tranny) if I chip it to 520HP, the heat under the hood of the rs6 in climates like mine is unbelievable! stock the thing is at best as fast as my V or if really cold out maybe a bit faster. AOA is bad at customer service and parts for it. if it breaks and is out of warranty its BIG bucks to fix, 1 year left on warranty and local dealer says NO PASS THRU'S for cpo'ing the car (ie; they want $3-$4k for them selfs). And it is a "bit Bland" making it a really sleeper so no one will even look twice at it!:annoyed:
So that makes the e55 and cls55 the next contenders. The e55 was more comfortable in the cockpit- nice layout, more room in back seat etc... but what did it for me was the exterior styling of the cls and the handling of the car! It just drove better! It does not "feel as fast as the E but it is just as fast! and the ride is MUCH better IMO.
I wish i could have the rs6 and for that matter the V along with the cls55 too!!! hehehe
-moldy

moldowan
06-01-06, 09:28 AM
lets see if i can get my guy to take this stuff off tonight, if he says no time it my be a moot point.
I'll call him now, I can put off delivery of the car another day.
-moldy

MSJ
06-01-06, 09:45 AM
Moldy, on a fun but unfortunate note, it looks like you just missed the MBCA track day at Texas Motorsport Ranch in Cresson, TX. I used to be a member of the MBCA years ago - they have a forum but there doesn't seem to be as much activity on it as some of spirited enthusiast mb forums. A track day for $95 with instructor sessions and an all out "as much as you feel comfortable with" session at the end is win :) Here's a link to the event that just passed - maybe they'll have another you can get into:

http://mbca.cartama.net/showthread.php?t=10578

cheers! mike

thebigjimsho
06-01-06, 10:08 AM
I've never been a fan of the "image" car that is the CLS. The E55 would've been my choice. But I'm retarded, so that matters not.

VELOSE
06-01-06, 05:16 PM
I'm in for the FG2's. PM me.

The Tony Show
06-01-06, 11:10 PM
Ooh, I'd pay you nicely for the optional polished wheels.

PM me or email plazacadillac at yahoo dot com. (Written funny so the damn spam bots don't pick up my address...)

lawfive
06-01-06, 11:45 PM
Bye, Moldy... :wave:

wildwhl
06-02-06, 01:33 AM
Moldy -

Seems to be a lot of demand for FG2's. Given I have a set, next in line is fine.

Take care, young man, and find karma where it finds you - at peace and speed with hopes of avoiding that occifer.

WW

VELOSE
06-02-06, 10:59 AM
Thanks WW but I think I'm still 3rd in line. :(

moldowan
06-02-06, 11:15 AM
ok this is what i have tentitivly,
StealthV- wheels and tires and Bars
Mike- UUc and pads- ( not confirmed)
Florian- FG2
only thing left is the corsa!!!!!!!!!!! and the LPE!!!!!!!!!
some one needs this combo!!! Its awesome!
-Moldy

all items listed are sold until the fat lady screams in my ear of course-LOL

GOTTSPD
06-02-06, 11:22 AM
If I was down your way, I'd love the Corsa, but it's likely cost prohibitive to ship it and unless you kept yours, the whole thing would be difficult to coordinate.

StealthV
06-02-06, 11:34 AM
Shipping the Corsa will be around $80 to 100. The only "big" parts are the two long main pipes. The resonator, front pipes and mufflers are easily shippable.

VELOSE
06-02-06, 11:35 AM
Moldy, if florian or the other member don't come thru, I can fedex you a money order with the quickness on those FG2's.

GOTTSPD
06-02-06, 02:05 PM
Shipping the Corsa will be around $80 to 100. The only "big" parts are the two long main pipes. The resonator, front pipes and mufflers are easily shippable.

Well, if that's the case, Moldy let me know how much you'd want for it.

mike041357
06-02-06, 05:18 PM
Moldy,
"Confirm" me for the UUC and Pads. Send me an email with your address as soon as the parts are off your car.
Thanks!
Mike

The Tony Show
06-02-06, 07:31 PM
Argh! Did Stealth beat me to the wheels?? I tried to PM you after I posted yesterday, but your box was full.

Dangit.....

Florian
06-02-06, 08:45 PM
ok this is what i have tentitivly,
StealthV- wheels and tires and Bars
Mike- UUc and pads- ( not confirmed)
Florian- FG2
only thing left is the corsa!!!!!!!!!!! and the LPE!!!!!!!!!
some one needs this combo!!! Its awesome!
-Moldy

all items listed are sold until the fat lady screams in my ear of course-LOL

Moldy,

As discussed, the FG2s are sold....thank you.

F

erp2863
06-02-06, 09:00 PM
I'll take the corsa for $400 and drive down and get it tomorrow. If that works, please email me at erp2863@yahoo.com to confirm. I'm stuck in Burlington, VT tonight and land in Austin at noon tomorrow.

Eric

calicadi
06-02-06, 09:14 PM
Missed you will be Moldy Wan Kenobi. Write us once in a while. Mannered will we be about flaming.

Cali

thebigjimsho
06-03-06, 07:08 PM
I'll take the corsa for $400 and drive down and get it tomorrow. If that works, please email me at erp2863@yahoo.com to confirm. I'm stuck in Burlington, VT tonight and land in Austin at noon tomorrow.

EricThat's an odd place for a Texan to be stuck in. Heck, I wouldn't want to be stuck there and I live close to Cambridge...

The MA locals would know what I mean...

erp2863
06-04-06, 09:12 AM
That's an odd place for a Texan to be stuck in. Heck, I wouldn't want to be stuck there and I live close to Cambridge...

The MA locals would know what I mean...

One of the last US customers of mine, IBM, is up there. Pain in the ass to get up that way. Not my favorite place either.

thebigjimsho
06-04-06, 11:32 AM
Ahh, yes, IBM is scattered all over the place. They do pick some nice country to plop their offices. Too bad you didn't have the V because some of the roads around there are V heaven.

And I will say this, once you get out of the Burlington area, I-89 is one of the closest things to the autobahn that we get here in the US.

erp2863
06-04-06, 04:19 PM
Just wanted to thank Moldy for the corsa. Picked it up today and got to check out the CLS55. What a beast, I'm quite jealous.

moldowan
06-04-06, 10:59 PM
Eric,
Enjoy the exhaust! Its one of the best mods- hearing that engine purr but remember you will lose 1-2 mpg because you'll get steppin harder on the gas to hear it more-<VBG>
-moldy

VELOSE
06-04-06, 11:50 PM
Moldy, are the FG2's sold to Florian? If not, I'm ready to send cash.

Florian
06-05-06, 08:50 AM
Moldy, are the FG2's sold to Florian? If not, I'm ready to send cash.

FG2's are gone...cash sent last week...

F

moldowan
06-05-06, 10:14 AM
CASH!!!!:eek:
I hope you mean M/O thru the U.S. mail

I will be gone this week on vacation until next monday, celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary. so don't freakout if i do not answer any emails till then!
Thanks,
_moldy

Florian
06-05-06, 10:33 AM
CASH!!!!:eek:
I hope you mean M/O thru the U.S. mail

I will be gone this week on vacation until next monday, celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary. so don't freakout if i do not answer any emails till then!
Thanks,
_moldy

Never cash, Moldy...the check, via USPS, will be waiting for you next week.

F

VELOSE
06-05-06, 12:57 PM
I guess I better go pay $1200 thru gmpartsdirect. :(

Florian, you lucky bastid. :thumbsup:

Florian
06-05-06, 02:23 PM
I guess I better go pay $1200 thru gmpartsdirect. :(

Florian, you lucky bastid. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I got lucky....cant wait til Moldy gets back from the lovefest and I get em installed!

F

moldowan
06-13-06, 11:33 AM
to everyone that has schtuff coming to them I will be sending it sometime this week, I got everyones check, so thats ok.
Rick, your wheels and bars will take the the most time to package up and get out as they are at my mechanics house and i have to pick them up with my van(1/2 hr away),package them, drive to ups and ship out. that will be closer to the end of the week-ok?
thanks again.... I survived my 1st wedding anni-:)
-moldy

The Tony Show
06-13-06, 11:46 AM
I still can't figure out how I missed the wheels.

Oh well, if Rick changes his mind, I'd still very much like to buy them from you. Thanks.

-Tony

StealthV
06-13-06, 12:31 PM
Had the deal done within a few minutes of Moldy posting his parts for sale. He's already got the check so I don't think I'm backing out.

Moldy, for shipping, end of the week or early next is fine; I'm in no rush.

The Tony Show
06-13-06, 12:48 PM
Had the deal done within a few minutes of Moldy posting his parts for sale. He's already got the check so I don't think I'm backing out.

Moldy, for shipping, end of the week or early next is fine; I'm in no rush.

No worries- I'm not calling foul, just peeved at myself for not seeing the thread in time.

I was just secretly hoping you'd change your mind since I'm beginning to hate ordering from my GM parts rep. Over a month for my drilled rotors....:rant2:

moldowan
06-23-06, 09:06 PM
All stuff has been sent except ricks stuff.
Rick I tried this weekend to get my wheels (whicj are at my mech's house)
but he is out of town on vacation and he locked the wheels in the shop!
I have a message into him to call me and let me know when he is coming back, but I have not heard from him yet
-moldy

Florian
06-23-06, 11:11 PM
thanks for the update Moldy! We miss you.

F