: Is there any interest in 93-95 bored throttle bodies?

eldorado1
05-31-06, 06:38 PM
I can't remember if there was or not... If there is enough interest, I can move this to a fully front burner project. I'd also need a guinea pig to test one, since I don't have an early car.

Price would be the same as the other years, $190 for the TB, $50 for the spacer, $10 for shipping.

Bore dia would be slightly less, about 79mm, due to the vacuum passages on the top of the throttle body. I'll still call it an 80mm throttle, just because I can! (and it's easier for me to remember)

TripleblackETC
05-31-06, 07:11 PM
DEFINITELY!

I'd love to purchase one for my '95 ETC.

94greencaddysls
05-31-06, 09:22 PM
Count me in. Out of curiousity does RSM claim 80mm on there 93-95's ? I have a spare tb somewhere around here laying around, let me if it's needed but I dont think there is a spacer. Now that I think about it do 93-95's have spacers?, I dont remember seeing one on mine.

eldorado1
05-31-06, 09:45 PM
as far as I'm aware, nobody sells bored throttle bodies for the early northstars. I'm sure they have spacers, although I can't seem to find the intake page in my service manual at the moment....

CadillacSTS42005
05-31-06, 11:09 PM
Eldo you still on backorder for the 80mm tb and spaces for the gen 2 N*s?

eldorado1
06-01-06, 09:52 AM
2 TB's, one spacer in stock, trying to get a couple more in before "opening the store".

The two of you who are interested in the early TB's - would you be interested and ready to purchase in about 3 weeks? And would I be able to convince one of you to be a guinea pig? :D

Anyone else interested?

TripleblackETC
06-01-06, 10:55 AM
2 TB's, one spacer in stock, trying to get a couple more in before "opening the store".

The two of you who are interested in the early TB's - would you be interested and ready to purchase in about 3 weeks? And would I be able to convince one of you to be a guinea pig? :D

Anyone else interested?

I'm interested, and I'd definitely be all set to purchase in 3 weeks. As far as the guinea pig is concerned...I don't know how that would work. I'm up in Massachusetts, and I don't know what being the guinea pig entails.

eldorado1
06-01-06, 11:09 AM
You buy the first one, probably at a discount, I send it, you install it... and report back. If you have any install difficulties, or don't like some aspect of it, you let me know.

TripleblackETC
06-01-06, 11:57 AM
You buy the first one, probably at a discount, I send it, you install it... and report back. If you have any install difficulties, or don't like some aspect of it, you let me know.

That sounds easy enough. I don't know if I could do a before and after dyno run to get you the hp and torque increases (namely because I don't know a place that has a dyno around here)....but I could report back on install difficulties and let you know how it works.

And we can do this whenever you're ready. I have the money in hand so if you get something before the 3 weeks you talked about earlier, don't hesitate to contact me.

94greencaddysls
06-01-06, 03:12 PM
3 weeks sounds like a good deal to me. Let me know if you need pic's, tb, etc to help you out. Also...Is an intake still a bad idea after getting a bored out TB? Or would the TB warrant the need for an intake? thanks

CadillacSTS42005
06-01-06, 04:34 PM
intake is bad all around never put on intake less you like less power and a sucky sound

TripleblackETC
06-01-06, 06:24 PM
Maybe someone can help me. I've been searching everywhere to find out what size a stock throttle body is in the '95 ETC and I can't find it anywhere. I understand that the 80mm TB is as big as one can go, I was just curious as to how much of an increase in size that is from the stock TB. Anyone know? Eldorado1 maybe? ;)

CadillacSTS42005
06-01-06, 07:04 PM
something like 72 MM i believe

eldorado1
06-01-06, 07:08 PM
hmm... let me check. I *think* it's the same size as the later northstar's, 75mm... I'll let you know in a bit.

And remember, flow is proportional to area, not diameter. So an 80mm throttle flows

(80^2/75^2)=1.137

13.7% more than the stock 75mm. So in other words, if the old one supported 300hp, this one would support 340hp.

eldorado1
06-02-06, 08:42 AM
yep, 75

TripleblackETC
06-02-06, 04:29 PM
yep, 75

Thanks for the info. Give me a shout when you're ready for a guinea pig. ;)

codewize
06-07-06, 05:03 PM
Are we talking about N* equipment here? I have a 93' Brougham with the L05 350 in it that I'd love to get a nice new TB for.

eldorado1
06-07-06, 05:05 PM
Are we talking about N* equipment here? I have a 93' Brougham with the L05 350 in it that I'd love to get a nice new TB for.

Yeah. ;)

If you want a larger throttle body, swap in a TPI manifold. Much larger aftermarket. ;)

auroradude
06-07-06, 08:47 PM
Eldoman...when I get a beater/new car and have this stored i want to do this with my 95 rora...i hope you will be around then. only a couple months or so i think,

LT5
06-10-06, 03:43 PM
I'll take one when they are available.

Mccalist
06-17-06, 12:24 AM
Eldorado1: I need a bored tb for my 97 etc. I'm in central florida, maybe i could pick it up in person. I don't have enough posts (sais the administrator) to send a message for purchase and possibly shipping details, but i will check back for a link or something.

Thanks

eldorado1
06-17-06, 12:38 AM
Sure, send me an email... ryan.h (at) excite.com

eldorado1
06-20-06, 08:08 PM
Hi everyone,

I will be discontinuing the 96-99 throttle bodies for reasons beyond my control... I will be liquidating everything I have shortly. If you need something, or if I promised you something previously, send me an email(above).

For those of you with 93-95's, I promised you I would get them done, and I don't intend on breaking that promise. However, I may have to do them on a "send me yours first" basis. In otherwords, you would send me the throttle body, it would get bored, and it would be sent back a few weeks later.

The risk is, there have been past cases where casting flaws showed up after the boring process. I can't afford to take those losses anymore, so if your TB comes back with holes in it, it is your loss. Thanks for your continued support.

TripleblackETC
06-20-06, 09:01 PM
Hi everyone,

I will be discontinuing the 96-99 throttle bodies for reasons beyond my control... I will be liquidating everything I have shortly. If you need something, or if I promised you something previously, send me an email(above).

For those of you with 93-95's, I promised you I would get them done, and I don't intend on breaking that promise. However, I may have to do them on a "send me yours first" basis. In otherwords, you would send me the throttle body, it would get bored, and it would be sent back a few weeks later.

The risk is, there have been past cases where casting flaws showed up after the boring process. I can't afford to take those losses anymore, so if your TB comes back with holes in it, it is your loss. Thanks for your continued support.

That sucks. Sorry to hear that. Count me out on the '95 TB then. I can't take mine out because it's my only way of transportation.