: Clear Bra Installed Today!

V-SATX
05-31-06, 02:02 PM
I decided to go with the 3M clear bra. I had to strain to see the seam of the film to even know that it was installed. Great install from a local company called Designs Unlimited.

3M will re-paint if chipping occurs in any place the film is installed.

Peace of Mind:thumbsup:

SoCadillac
05-31-06, 02:05 PM
I decided to go with the 3M clear bra. I had to strain to see the seam of the film to even know that it was installed. Great install from a local company called Designs Unlimited.

3M will re-paint if chipping occurs in any place the film is installed.

Peace of Mind:thumbsup:
You purchased the BEST product as 3M has NO equal, period.

V-SATX
05-31-06, 02:10 PM
You purchased the BEST product as 3M has NO equal, period.

I was really impressed with the 3M product. I saw a V at the dealership with 20k no bra and decided it would drive me nuts to have my front end chewed up like that.

rand49er
05-31-06, 02:35 PM
... drive me nuts to have my front end chewed up like that ...Amen.

CIWS
05-31-06, 04:07 PM
Good news dude, great to hear. Definately one of the first investments I recommend after getting the car new or having the front end repainted. It will save the front from the dreaded "shotgun blast" look. :)

thebigjimsho
05-31-06, 04:17 PM
You purchased the BEST product as 3M has NO equal, period.Sorry, I'll have to give that statement a question mark, exclamation point.

I have a differing opinion.

V-SATX
05-31-06, 04:31 PM
Sorry, I'll have to give that statement a question mark, exclamation point.
I have a differing opinion.

Let us know....what is your opinion?

thebigjimsho
05-31-06, 04:36 PM
3M is quality, no doubt. But I used a Venture Tape clearbra that is even more opaque than the 3M and also has a lifetime warrantee.

Maybe opaque isn't the right word. It's clearer, let's put it that way.

WGT31
06-04-06, 09:34 AM
Who is a good vender no one in Ky or TN has a clue.. Need one quick the bugs and road debris are killers.

StealthV
06-04-06, 10:44 AM
3M--> http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/!ut/p/kcxml/04_Sj9SPykssy0xPLMnMz0vM0Y_QjzKLN4h39gHJgFle-pFoIh7oIpbu6CLGpugijnABb31fj_zcVP0A_YLcUCCIKHd0VFQ EAF6mBtU!/delta/base64xml/L0lJWWtrQSEhL3dMTUFBc0FNVUFOZy80SVVHTWhBIS82XzBfMj NOL2VuX1VT

Llumar --> http://www.llumar.com/na-eng/contact.html

22Cadillac22
06-05-06, 04:09 PM
thanks stealth! i had been looking for dealers around st. louis for a while, that was a big help

kali_cts03
06-06-06, 12:09 AM
Any of you guys have any pics of the clear bra on your ride?

StealthV
06-06-06, 12:31 AM
Can you see it? :)

http://www.stealthv.com/images/stealthv046.jpg

http://www.stealthv.com/images/stealthv043.jpg

kali_cts03
06-06-06, 02:08 AM
Can you see it? :)

Nice pics... and Nope! Can't say I do..... :)
So it covers the whole front bumper and is it half of the hood, or the whole hood? How close do you have to be to notice it?

And how much would something like that be installed?
(I just spent a bunch on repainting my front end and it's already got a few chips :()

Anyone in SoCal that can recommend a place?

CIWS
06-06-06, 07:24 AM
Here's a shot after my Clear Bra was installed on the car and I had been going down the highway in a funeral procession with vehicles in front of me kicking up rocks and gravel into the front of the car so bad it sounded like rain hitting it for a solid 5 minutes. Notice along the inside of the facia on the right side near the lights where no Clear Bra material is present, several paint chips and marks from the rocks are seen. Compared to the left side/outside where there is Clear Bra protecting it and it's clean.

http://www.ciws.net/ctsv/8x6rockhits.jpg

kali_cts03
06-06-06, 08:27 AM
Here's a shot after my Clear Bra was installed on the car and I had been going down the highway in a funeral procession with vehicles in front of me kicking up rocks and gravel into the front of the car so bad it sounded like rain hitting it for a solid 5 minutes. Notice along the inside of the facia on the right side near the lights where no Clear Bra material is present, several paint chips and marks from the rocks are seen. Compared to the left side/outside where there is Clear Bra protecting it and it's clean.

wow, that's a big diference!!! :thumbsup: - looks like I might have to invest a little more into protecting my front end.... :)

CIWS
06-06-06, 08:36 AM
Out of the few thousand I've spent adding upgrades to the car, I should have done the Clear Bra first thing when my front end was clean and had less hits to it. However I am glad I did get it done to help save what's left because my plan is to keep the car at least through it's warranty and that's a few years.

Howard Sharf
06-06-06, 08:57 AM
In the TAmpa area I was quoted $595 for the entire front end kit done at my house as long as there was a garage to work in.

V-SATX
06-06-06, 09:43 AM
I had my done immeditely after the front end was re-painted. Make sure the film is 3M. I paid 700.00. I have a little problem with some scratches in the film at the very base of the front spoiler. The installer is coming back out Friday. He also did it in my garage.

kali_cts03
06-06-06, 10:52 PM
Anyone has any links to sites or names of places in the Los Angeles area?
I will google it later but figured I ask first.... :)

StealthV
06-06-06, 11:30 PM
Go up to post #10.

kali_cts03
06-06-06, 11:38 PM
Go up to post #10.

Thanks, and sorry for not paying attention.... :alchi: