: Interior Bulbs

CTSollecito
05-31-06, 11:42 AM
I just changed the 4 overhead bulbs to white LED's like in the new DTS..these bulbs were 194...i wantto change the 2 under the driver and passenger dash and i believe these are 194 as well...What are the ones that are underneath all four doors? as i want these to match as well..thanks

06STSgirl
06-01-06, 09:12 AM
What does 194 mean? And where did you get the bulbs from? Also, does anybody know where to get some quality (real-looking) LED reverse light bulbs similar to the reverse lights in the '06 DTS for an STS? Called the dealer and was told that the DTS' reverse lamps are not compatible with an STS, so I guess i'll have to go with aftermarket.

justgreat
06-02-06, 07:39 AM
What does 194 mean? And where did you get the bulbs from? Also, does anybody know where to get some quality (real-looking) LED reverse light bulbs similar to the reverse lights in the '06 DTS for an STS? Called the dealer and was told that the DTS' reverse lamps are not compatible with an STS, so I guess i'll have to go with aftermarket.

194 is the type of bulb required. i don't know of led style back-up light bulbs, but i do know that hi-output (halogen, i think) back-up bulbs are made...i put a set in my explorer many moons ago because i couldn't see out the tinted rear window in the liftgate. look in your manual (or call your dealer parts man) and get the type of bulb and then google back-up light bulbs: there's plenty to choose from.

jackg
06 sts v6 on order