: going back to the dealership now

matia
05-31-06, 09:17 AM
Last week as I was starting from a light I heard a loud bang coming from the rear end and the car jolted. I thought I was rearended, even got out to check but nothing. Drove the car to work and everything seemed fine. After work turned it on and the service engine soon light, the stability error light, and the steering light were all on. I also lost some of my power steering. As an aside, I have noticed some fluid from the rear end on my garage floor in the past. Took it in, they told me there was a leak in the rear which required new seals, so they replaced them. I had spoken to a friend who is an engineer at Chrysler and when I mentioned my symptoms he instantly said I had water/fluid in my transmission and that would cause all these lights to come on. He strongly suggested they drain the transmission fluid. Well, they never did as they didn't feel that was the problem. Seemed fine for a few days and yesterday all the service lights came on with loss of some power steering. Otherwise it seems to run fine and the bang has not hapenned again. I am on my way back to the dealership. Does anyone have any similar situation or any advice to give me as I feel I almost need to tell the dealership what to do or what I want them to do to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

wildwhl
05-31-06, 10:01 AM
I seriously doubt water in the trans fluid (assuming you're talking about a manual equipped CTS or CTS/V - as opposed to an auto equipped CTS) is the culprit of your symptoms. Besides, how does water even get into a transmission without either: A) the car being swamped or; B) Intentional addition? Given those various MIL's, the dealer should have no problem reading the codes and having some good direction to look for what is going on.

Wish I could be of more help. Good luck.

WW

ctsvett
05-31-06, 06:23 PM
steering position sensor couples with a rear end issue?

Reed