: Pics of Fikse Wheels

cash
05-31-06, 08:56 AM
Hopefully pictures work out.

Fikse Profil 13 with TechniPolish.

8.5 x 18 front with 255/45/18 Michelin Pilot Sport

9.5 x 18 rear with 285/40/18 Michelin Pilot Sport. For the extra inch of wheel 1/2 went to the inside and 1/2 went to the outside.

There has been no rubbing and this weekend I had 4 people int he car and there was no rubbing from the rear.

On My ZO6 I have Fikse Profil 5.

NH Vrod
05-31-06, 09:41 AM
Looks good from far, should have taken some closer pic's

cash
05-31-06, 10:23 AM
First time posting pics. Had to compress and size down. I wish they would have come out larger.

lars464
05-31-06, 11:23 AM
Hey Cash, lets see a close up of those bad boys! How about cost?

V Amazed
05-31-06, 01:21 PM
mmmm fikse.

Ben

cash
05-31-06, 01:27 PM
Hopefully this comes out better.

Sorry.

Cost is I think about double of CCW or rims like them but these are absolutly top notch quality. Plus not alot of people have them which is what I like about them. They are a 3 pc wheel bolted together from the inside so you do not have to clean every bolt head.

BadCad
05-31-06, 01:59 PM
Nice looking wheels - what is TechniPolish and is that applied yourself? Better then Semichrome for aluminum wheels?

SoCadillac
05-31-06, 02:05 PM
I love these wheels! I use Mothers Incredible Billet Metal Polish; I've not tried TechniPolish yet.

VELOSE
05-31-06, 02:38 PM
Another forged wheel company to go to when I decide to buy some track wheels. :thumbsup:

cash
05-31-06, 02:44 PM
TechniPolish is Fikse's term. NOT anything I applied. It is their standard polish. The body of the car has Zaino and I love it.

The centers are machined, polished and then a clearcoat is applied. The rims are polished and then left uncoated. In the event of a scrap or somthing you can sand down and buff out.

On the Z06 the centers were just left machined, I like the less flashy look and since I run a machine shop I like to see the marks left in the wheel from the cutting tool.

Total cost for those who wonder is just over 4K for the set and you can purchase direct from Fikse.

Florian
05-31-06, 03:57 PM
actually look nice...a lot of the aftermarket stuff looks like garbage, not these...well done!

F

calicadi
06-02-06, 10:08 PM
Hopefully this comes out better.

Sorry.

Cost is I think about double of CCW or rims like them but these are absolutly top notch quality. Plus not alot of people have them which is what I like about them. They are a 3 pc wheel bolted together from the inside so you do not have to clean every bolt head.

Very similar to my Jongbloeds... less spokes. I think this function-over-form style fits the V better than designs for image sake.

Chef
06-03-06, 02:51 PM
Is your car lowered at all?

Tuna
09-12-06, 11:37 AM
I'm considering doing similar tire and wheels sizes for my V.

What offsets are your new wheels - front and rear?
Where did you get them?

lunarx
09-12-06, 11:56 AM
Another forged wheel company to go to when I decide to buy some track wheels. :thumbsup:
IMHO - Fikse are way to nice to use for track wheels. :worship:
Certianly up to the job, but so are stockers with race rubber.
Sticky Tires make more difference than wheels.

Can you imagine the stress involved having tires mounted/dismounted on those rims on a regular basis, let alone having them saturated w/ brake dust and molten bits of rubber & asphalt every event? :eek:

rbrown81
09-12-06, 12:22 PM
Great looking rims, the polish looks fantastic.

I understand you are trying to save weight, but a 19 would have filled out those wheel wells a little better. Plus there is the optical illusion because of the large lip on the rims, that makes them look a little smaller than they actually are.

Nice work though
:thumbsup:

Seattle CTS-V
09-12-06, 07:54 PM
Nice looking wheels. What do they weigh?

Those 285 rears don't look as wide as I'd expect. Maybe it's the tread pattern?

atdeneve
09-13-06, 06:42 AM
Those 285 rears don't look as wide as I'd expect.

I had that same exact thought. They almost look to be stock 245s, if not smaller. Illusion? Hmmm, look at that groovy tread pattern. Dude, am I trippin?