: Front End Squeak

DopeStar 156
05-31-06, 02:50 AM
I noticed there's a squeaking whenever I make a right turn. The slightest right turn will cause a squeaking to come from the front end of the car. No squeaking on lefts. Any ideas what this might be? My car pulls to the left and needs an allignment, will that fix this squeaking?

ChiTDI
05-31-06, 08:44 AM
Sway bar bushings, control arm bushings, shock absorber/ mounts, etc.
Put it up on jack stands, pull the wheeels and compare the two sides. Sometimes it's obvious, sometimes not.
You can blast a suspect part with WD40 and see if the squeak disaappears for a while to help isolate the problem before tearing up the suspension.
Check the torque on all the bolts on that side too!

Johnny Bravo
06-01-06, 12:35 AM
First thing I'd do is put some Lubriplate or white grease on the rubber hood bumpers.
Always begin with the easiest and most obvious first when trying to diagnose.

N0DIH
06-01-06, 08:45 AM
Hier Bravo hit on one that drove my friend nuts on his 84 Regal 4.1L V6. He had a sqeuak he could not figure out for months. He told me about it and I said, Oh, yeah, that little bumper under the end of the hood by the firewall, oil or grease it. He about hit me..... Yup, very common on the G-Bodies.

Just put a dab of grease on all the rubber bumpers under the hood.

On my 96 Suburban, we had a squeak similar, and it ended up being a tiny little rock that got wedged in between the cowl (plastic) and the right fender. I had to get a tool to push it out and it was gone then. Drove us nuttly too. I hate squeaks and rattles....