: Best freebie i ever did, by far....

austin
05-30-06, 09:46 PM
Was remove the "cts" emblem from the trunk...... I wish i did it sooner..... Much cleaner look... Nothing but "V" emblems left all around. I must of got asked atleast 20x so far since doing this..... "wow what kind of cadillac is that"..... I always reply.... Its a "V" Series as i take off.. Gotta love it!! :D

JOEYCTS-V
05-30-06, 10:16 PM
Definitely a must on all V's. :thumbsup:

V-Sting
05-30-06, 10:18 PM
Please tell this body/paint mod newbie how this is safely done. Is it just dragging dental floss under the emblem, like a saw blade of sorts?

austin
05-30-06, 10:47 PM
I dragged dental flause as recomended by others here... About 6-pieces worth as it kept breaking. I moved it up and down as i was pulling it. The emblem came off leaving the double sided tape. Probably not recomended..... but worked great for me, i used a credit card and slowly rolled the remaining tape off. Then ran a cloth with bug/tar remover to get the remaining film. Topped it off with a mild compound to get the ghost echo, and then waxed it up. Cannot even tell it was ever their..... One last note, if you want to, as the "FIRST STEP" take a piece of carboard and make a template around the emblem, cutting the card board to the trunk's side and lower lip. Just in case you want to put another emblem back on later... I would re-purchase another factory one as it is tapped up and ready to go with the proper tape on it.

I also used the credit card to get the left over wheel balance weight tape off the rims.... from when i had my tires changed. Again, it worked great for me.

V-Sting
05-30-06, 11:05 PM
Thanks

Devil_concours
05-30-06, 11:25 PM
have you guys tried using hair drier?

lars464
05-30-06, 11:57 PM
I just used a heat gun. Get it hot, comes off easy. Be careful to keep the gun moving. Too much heat in one spot and you will blister the paint.

ChicagoCTS32
05-31-06, 12:09 AM
Yeah, the heat gun will work quicker than a hair dryer, but the hair dryer is often easier to come across. Heed lars' warning, keep it moving. Then use the dental floss after heating it up if you can't pry it. Should come right off.

I'm sure it looks sharp austin. How did the bright white lights end up?

dqw1
05-31-06, 09:24 AM
Took mine off a few months ago and it looks much cleaner without the CTS. Not sure who had the original idea when we discussing LS6 emblems.

50 4Ever
05-31-06, 09:10 PM
I dragged dental flause as recomended by others here... About 6-pieces worth as it kept breaking. I moved it up and down as i was pulling it. The emblem came off leaving the double sided tape. Probably not recomended..... but worked great for me, i used a credit card and slowly rolled the remaining tape off. Then ran a cloth with bug/tar remover to get the remaining film. Topped it off with a mild compound to get the ghost echo, and then waxed it up. Cannot even tell it was ever their..... One last note, if you want to, as the "FIRST STEP" take a piece of carboard and make a template around the emblem, cutting the card board to the trunk's side and lower lip. Just in case you want to put another emblem back on later... I would re-purchase another factory one as it is tapped up and ready to go with the proper tape on it.

I also used the credit card to get the left over wheel balance weight tape off the rims.... from when i had my tires changed. Again, it worked great for me.

I want to try that credit card trick. Could you send me the card? :bouncy:

rand49er
05-31-06, 09:29 PM
Dental floss here, then a little WD-40 to remove residual adhesive.

Then, put an LS6 there. :thumbsup:

austin
05-31-06, 11:58 PM
I kinda like this one...... I know others have it and are happy with it. But I don't like the billet finish at all.... Way too dull for my taste..... IMO.. It does not match anything. If others agree with me... Maybe we can get enough interest in a limited chrome version to be in the works from them. This emblem in shiny chrome would compliment the shiny chrome "V" emblem perfectly. :)

http://www.carmotorsports.com/emblems_LS.htm