: My "LS6" logo came off the tower brace

Poopie D
05-30-06, 12:54 PM
Anyone know where I can get a replacement?

onebadcad
05-30-06, 01:01 PM
Before you spend your own money, make the dealer replace it under warranty. Blame your radiator for making the engine bay too hot.

Poopie D
05-30-06, 01:06 PM
My dealer will not even replace the navi system because one of the buttons is worn down...they said that it is cosmetic and not covered under warranty...

onebadcad
05-30-06, 01:26 PM
You can get the LS6 emblem here for $59.95 + any other fees
http://www.carmotorsports.com/emblems_LS.htm
You can also go to the dealer and get the Z06 emblem for about $25.00.
Your dealer sounds like a wholea$$, so once you replace the emblem, replace the dealer! You may want to contact the friendly, but also useless, folks at Cadillac Assistance if you have denied warranty issues.

BadCad
05-30-06, 03:53 PM
If you still have the emblem, glue it back on; 'GOOP' glue is good. If the emblem has 'disappeared' at the dealer, you can get a new tower brace from GMPD for not that much if you think you need that authentic emblem (vs carmotorsport.com more expensive and different-looking one) on that brace. Reed's FAQ site has the part number somewhere.

Poopie D
05-30-06, 04:41 PM
Stock emblem is gone...GMPD does not ship to Canada and they want $100 bucks for it at my local gm dealership.

It can't be that difficult to swap the brace right?? Anyone have an extra brace lying around that they do not need??

ochaole
05-30-06, 08:18 PM
I say you get the one BMR sells...ours kind of sucks...and they have the emblem available

StopLtRacr
05-30-06, 09:25 PM
I've got a stock brace just sitting in my garage. PM me if you're interested.

GAGS-V
05-30-06, 09:29 PM
Is the button on your navi. wore down or did the black paint come off? If it is the paint that came off you should have no problem getting it replaced. Many on this forum have had that same problem.

DILLIGAF
05-30-06, 09:57 PM
My stock emblem is 3 pieces.What am I missing here?

Poopie D
06-18-06, 11:36 AM
deleted

Poopie D
06-23-06, 12:11 PM
So...does anyone have a tower brace lying around that they would not mind selling to me? Ideally, I would like to get a hold of the original emblem...I do not like the after market ones....

v-ape
06-23-06, 02:42 PM
My dealer will not even replace the navi system because one of the buttons is worn down...they said that it is cosmetic and not covered under warranty...

I got the service sheet on my car and it said that my Nav buttons were replaced UNDER WARRANTY for peeling.
I got it used so I personally didnt get it done, but the previous owned did.

StopLtRacr
06-27-06, 10:19 AM
Poopie D, I'll give you mine if you just pay the shipping charges. I removed mine when the car had about 2k miles on it and put the BMR STB on. I've had it stored on top of a cabinet in my garage ever since.

Poopie D
06-27-06, 11:19 AM
StopLt: pm sent

Got5onit
06-28-06, 03:42 PM

Your dealer is reaming you without the KY jelly. :confused:
My knob did the same thing and my dealer replaced the entire NAV unit, no questions asked. They also replaced a cracked driver side tailight, no questions asked. Don't give up too easily, man!!! I highly suggest you find another dealer.

Poopie D
06-28-06, 04:31 PM
Your dealer is reaming you without the KY jelly. :confused:
My knob did the same thing and my dealer replaced the entire NAV unit, no questions asked. They also replaced a cracked driver side tailight, no questions asked. Don't give up too easily, man!!! I highly suggest you find another dealer.

I agree but since I live in Canada and I bought the car in the US, they have me by the balls on warranty issues. I can't push my luck. On a positive note, the dealership that I bought my V off, is sending me a replacement NAV unit...All I have to do is have my dealership program it.

Poopie D
07-06-06, 11:55 PM
Still looking for a brace...sent a few PM's but no replies. Can somebody help out? :worship: