: auto level rear shock problem

easymoney$$$$
05-30-06, 04:55 AM
Hi, I am new to the forums and like what I have read. I have a 1993 Fleetwood. Sometimes I can hear the rear shock air compressor come on and off after my car has been parked. I park it in the garage that is on a level floor. I was told it might be a solenoid switch or line leak. Can anyone tell me what to look for to fix the problem. Thanks in advance for any advice. easymoney$$$$

BCs71
05-30-06, 11:31 AM
The auto level circuit is live constantly (i.e., even if car is not running or no key in ignition). The car will level itslef out based on loads (weight in trunk or passengers). Occasionally it will level itself when there is no load. I guess it depends on frequency of leveling or compressor cycling when there is no load change to determine if you have a leak.
If you hear it running every 10 minutes when parked in your garage and no one is jumping up and down on the bumper, then I woul dguess that you have a leak -- probably in the shocks or the air lines.

My two cents

easymoney$$$$
05-31-06, 12:23 AM
BCs71 thanks for the help. I will look for a leak in the shocks and lines. much appreciation to you BCs71. easymoney$$$$