: upgrades...K+N =BAD???

95sevillesls
05-30-06, 02:21 AM
how's it going guys i'm new to the site and i've just been lookin around. i recently bought a 95 seville SLS gotta say i love the car just put a k+n intake and filter on it the other day and noticed you guys were talkin them down a little bit is there a reason you shouldn't put one on a north*?? also i was wondering if you guys could tell me if there are any other cheap upgrades to gain some more hp like injectors, or performance plugs and wires that you kno about?

davesdeville
05-30-06, 05:10 AM
Do a search on K&N. As for other performance stuff, nothing worth doing in these cars costs less than $400-500 (nitrous, stall & LSD to put the power to the ground.) With the possible exception of a good catback exhaust system, done by a local exhaust shop, that might cost a bit less.

CadillacSTS42005
05-30-06, 11:40 AM
there are several reasons why K&N are bad heres a few i can remember

1. Reoiling the filer when installing can damage your MAP sensor
2. it allows more dirt to enter your precious N*
3. it also creates a loss of low end torque.

Ranger
05-30-06, 06:32 PM
4. Not neccassary as the factory filter is not restrictive and will flow all the air that the engine can handle.

HITMONEY
06-02-06, 02:05 PM
<shrugs>

I use the Volant air box and cone style filter supplied by Volant. The car certainly performs better since the addition, no loss of torque here.

CadillacSTS42005
06-02-06, 08:53 PM
completely different ideas hes refering to a DROP in panel filter you have a complete intake with a block to prevent it from sucking in hot air.