: The Phaeton is coming!!

Benzilla
05-29-06, 06:04 PM
Just talked to the new shipping company today, and they said it will be picked up tomorrow! I'll probably see it in 5-7 days. Its costing just over 1G to get it here, but hey, I'm just happy its coming.

Oh By the way, I talked to the guy I bought it from (Don) and he said that he just watched Goodfellas for the first time and saw the car! what are the odds of that? He said that if he had seen the movie before he would probably not sold the Phaeton :D talk about timing! It seems like everybody I tell about the car is like "hey, didn't Ray Liotta drive that in Goodfellas?" and a couple days ago, my Dad and me were watching it, and he asked if there was any chance it could be my car... god that would kick ass:rolleyes:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-29-06, 06:09 PM
Oh man, I finally introduced my friends to that movie, and they liked that scene, but not as much as the "pistol whip" scene. Happy to hear you're finally getting it!

Benzilla
05-29-06, 06:21 PM
You mean the one with Spider? what did they say about the car :D

MarX
05-29-06, 06:31 PM
I think he means the scene where Henry goes and beats the sh## out of the guy that messed with Karen.
Sweet that youre getting that car :D

Benzilla
05-29-06, 08:30 PM
Oh that scene, I love that scene, god, don't you ever wish you could do that to somebody now without having the whold f*cking F.B.I on you.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-29-06, 08:31 PM
Yeah, the scene where he beats the shit out of Karen's neighbor.

Actually, my friends didn't like the triple brown paint scheme. Oh well, they have a poor taste in automobiles my friend, a poor taste.

Benzilla
05-29-06, 08:34 PM
brown? ****ing dumbasses lol.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-29-06, 08:35 PM
Yeah, they don't have the appreciation for the older Cadillacs like we do.

Benzilla
05-29-06, 08:37 PM
I know a guy like that, he drives a '96 Sentra, and thinks anything not made of plastic is a "granny ride" bastard.

1990CaddyBrougham
05-29-06, 10:24 PM
What is this Phaeton that you talk about Benzilla?

Im jumping on the band wagon late here. :)

Benzilla
05-29-06, 11:19 PM
About a month ago, I bought a Western Saddle Firemist 1979 Coupe Deville Phaeton from a Mustang dealer in California, I had really wanted one since the first time I saw "Goodfellas" so when I found this one I jumped on it. decent condition, will look a ton better after I spend a day or two on it. Anyway, the original company I had to ship it never did so, so I got another company to do it, and now its coming :)

Amount for car: $2,500
Amount for shipping: $1,100
Having a beauitful classic Cadillac that happened to be in one of the best movies ever: priceless.

Heres a quick pic :cool2:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c40/Cadillac_guy/28_12.jpg

1990CaddyBrougham
05-30-06, 08:08 PM
Ultimate pimp Status....

Benzilla
05-30-06, 08:38 PM
thank you :D

It should be here in like 5 days now. the shipping company couldn't pick it up today, but they said they will tomorrow.

Benzilla
06-03-06, 10:58 PM
Okay, so the car got shipped a day late, but its on its way now, and its schuled to get here on 6-6-06... how cool is that! I really hope it gets here that day, it won't happen again for another 1,000 years. hey I should throw some sort of evil party or something, or take a few friends to see The omen.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-04-06, 01:00 AM
Something really evil would be to do some lines of coke, then go drop off the guns at Jimmy's and then pick up your brother from the hospital then go bring the stuff to the philadelphia people then go home, eat some italian, then off to the airport with the "stuff"

MarX
06-04-06, 02:12 AM
Something really evil would be to do some lines of coke, then go drop off the guns at Jimmy's and then pick up your brother from the hospital then go bring the stuff to the philadelphia people then go home, eat some italian, then off to the airport with the "stuff"
Yeah she better have her hat this time!

Benzilla
06-04-06, 02:06 PM
lol, only one prob, I have no brother, and my gun connection is named charlie. other than that I'm good to go :cool2:

N0DIH
06-06-06, 11:35 AM
There is a near twin to this car (color and all) for sale in Harvard, IL. I don't think it has the black top, just a standard padded top. I met the owner almost 2 years ago, he let my neighbor son drive it after their wedding for the night. 425 powered, cherry shape. If there is interest, I can try to get a hold of the owner.

About a month ago, I bought a Western Saddle Firemist 1979 Coupe Deville Phaeton from a Mustang dealer in California, I had really wanted one since the first time I saw "Goodfellas" so when I found this one I jumped on it. decent condition, will look a ton better after I spend a day or two on it. Anyway, the original company I had to ship it never did so, so I got another company to do it, and now its coming :)

Amount for car: $2,500
Amount for shipping: $1,100
Having a beauitful classic Cadillac that happened to be in one of the best movies ever: priceless.

Heres a quick pic :cool2:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c40/Cadillac_guy/28_12.jpg

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-06-06, 11:39 AM
Oh yeah Ben, who was it again that found you this car?? I forgot.

Benzilla
06-06-06, 06:17 PM
Oh yeah Ben, who was it again that found you this car?? I forgot.:worship: :worship: Chad did!:worship: :worship:

:histeric:

It'll be here tomorrow at noon.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-06-06, 11:51 PM
Because I found it for you, you have to get vanity plates that say "Rawson1" or "Chadlac"

Benzilla
06-07-06, 04:16 PM
right... I'll do that. Oh wait, you already said to get "WISEGUY" I guess that'll have to do :D

Buy the way, its 5:00 P.M. and it still isin't here! the last I heard if the driver was at three when I called him, and he said he stopped in his hometown about 40 m.i. away because he had some "buisness" to take care off. and that he'd be here in about a half hour.. now 2 hours later, that mother****ing cocksucker sonofabitch still isin't here!!! damn, I'm starting to get very pissed at this *******, its always something.

90Brougham350
06-07-06, 04:26 PM
The waiting's the hardest part, but anxiety is half the fun!

Benzilla
06-07-06, 04:30 PM
To a point yes, but I bought the car a month and 6 days ago, and ever since I have been waiting for it to get here, I'm on the edge if being sent to a crazy house.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-07-06, 05:22 PM
Ben, to kill some time, go out and buy the Rolling Stones 1969 album "Let It Bleed" and crank track #8. That's what I'm doing now!

77CDV
06-07-06, 06:28 PM
To a point yes, but I bought the car a month and 6 days ago, and ever since I have been waiting for it to get here, I'm on the edge if being sent to a crazy house.

Isn't buying old cars fun? If it's not the nut house, it's the poor house. Just ask DopeStar...

Adam
06-07-06, 08:11 PM
well is it here yet? its been 4 more hours!

CoupeDevilleRob
06-07-06, 08:22 PM
Is it safe to say you aren't tipping the driver? And for a vanity plate I recommend GOODFELA or RAYSRIDE in honor of Ray Liotta.

Benzilla
06-07-06, 10:55 PM
Its finaly here! it came at around 8:00 P.M. eastern time(my time) and I'm in love with it, it actually looks better than this pics that I have seen so far, mostly dirty, overall condition is pretty good for being 27.

now the bad part, the owner didn't tell me that one of the belts is broke, so the alternator will not run, so the battery has no charge, so the car won't start, so I couldn't bring it home. right now its in the Kmart parking lot where it was dropped off, fortunatly there is a garage next door, so in the morning I'll have it towed there for a new belt and battery(the old one is to dead) and inspection.

Now more good

the car comes with it's own car cover, seat covers - not in need of them, just there, no idea why - center cupholder thing, rear floor mats, and windshield reflector screen thing. The interior is in really great shape, not even the armrests are cracked! the leather seats were re-done 6 years ago, so their like new, and very soft. the paint should also polish out pretty good, its not cracking or anything, just a little dull. at some point, some ***** decided it would be a good idea to put orang & brown pinstriping all over the car, I really hope this shit comes off, not to bad though, just not my taste, in Goodfellas, the car had lighter gold metallic pinstriping and it looked great, I'll probably have that done sometime. tomorrow I get to clean it up and everything, so I'll take a ton of before & after pics. untill then, heres a preview. (please note that it is strapped down to the truck, and thats why it looks so low)
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c40/Cadillac_guy/100_0411v2.jpg

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-08-06, 12:08 AM
I was gonna say if it aint out there yet, I'll drive down to Tennessee and kick some ass!

Benzilla
06-08-06, 12:15 AM
lol, thanks, but you'd have to get in line, my Dad and me were both ready to kill the guy, at one point he called the main office, and they hung up on him! I had him call because I know if I called I would blow up, drive to Kodak(where the guy was) and kick his ass.

Right now I'm making a slideshow/video with all the pics and everything set to "jump into the fire" I even made the intro look real.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-08-06, 12:26 AM
Heres what you gotta do:

Take some good pics of the car, with you in it, dressed like Henry Hill and send them to Ray Liotta wherever that may be. With a note saying something like "look familiar?" or something like that. See if he says anything back! He probably won't have time, but it would be soo neat if he said somethin back!

Benzilla
06-08-06, 12:30 AM
That would be sort of cool, he'd probably just think I'm some nut or something though. But I woulden't even have to dress up, I sort of look like that all the time lol. I'll probably have some really nice pics ready in a couple days for you guys, I'm taking the thing to a carshow on Saturday, so I have to work my ass off :o It'll be worth it though. I probably won't sleep all night untill its here in my driveway. atleast I know where it is.

Benzilla
06-08-06, 12:32 AM
Oh, by the way, did you hear about Goodfellas 2? it'll be out within the next year hopefully, I heard about it from Henry.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-08-06, 01:17 AM
Riiiiiighhhhttt....

Benzilla
06-08-06, 01:25 AM
really! Ok, I heard about it from his website, but still, its coming out.

change of subject, don't you have myspace? if so, send me a link :)

MarX
06-08-06, 03:40 AM
Oh, by the way, did you hear about Goodfellas 2? it'll be out within the next year hopefully, I heard about it from Henry.
Although if there was another mafia movie of Goodfellas calibre it would be cool I personally do not think that there is any reason whatsoever for a sequel. What are they going to tell? The life and times of a schnook?

In one respect there is the aspect of living under the witness protection program and trying not to get whacked but really sequels generally ruin movies and this is far too great of a film to have that done to it IMO.

As far as the car goes I'm glad you got it and really hope everytrhing goes well. I have seen one like that in town here but unfortunatly it is in a state of ill repair :(

Benzilla
06-08-06, 08:19 AM
Although if there was another mafia movie of Goodfellas calibre it would be cool I personally do not think that there is any reason whatsoever for a sequel. What are they going to tell? The life and times of a schnook?

In one respect there is the aspect of living under the witness protection program and trying not to get whacked but really sequels generally ruin movies and this is far too great of a film to have that done to it IMO.

As far as the car goes I'm glad you got it and really hope everytrhing goes well. I have seen one like that in town here but unfortunatly it is in a state of ill repair :(
Actually, Henry's life has been quite interesting to say the least, you should read Gangsters and Goodfellas, its a book Henry wrote about his life after witness protection, pretty interesting.

Anyway, enough about that, lets keep this about the car. :)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-08-06, 11:02 AM
change of subject, don't you have myspace? if so, send me a link :)

Myspace.com/Chadmyer

Chadmyer= Chad+Quagmire

77CDV
06-08-06, 11:47 AM
Ben,

Congrats on finally getting the car in hand. I'm sure you'll have her whipped into shape in no time. About that fan belt and battery, remember what I said about it being maintained but not cared for....

Craig

Benzilla
06-08-06, 08:42 PM
*update*

Day one with the Phaeton went pretty well, at 9:00 A.M. I went back to Kmart, went to the garage next door and they went to look at it. They coulden't get the battery to charge at all, so it had to be towed... less than one friggin block. Anyway, they replaced the battery with an interstate(ever heard of them?) and replaced the belt. Then I had them do a 20 point inspection, and found a couple things to be fixeed, but nothing big. Only thing I had done today was, some plug in the bottom of the engine to do wiuth the coolent needed to be changed, so I had them do that. now it runs great. The 425 is a beast, it has a nice subtly low rumble that only old big blocks have, nice power too.

I got home at about 1:00 P.M. and started working on the exterior, I got a lot done, and even now it looks 1,000 times better than wheen I first saw it, I still have to clean up the engine and do a little to the interior, oh and polish out the paint(thay'll be fun...) All in all, I love this car, great look, great ride, great feel. what the hell were they thinking with the HT4100!

Oh, and I'm probably the first person to play a CD through an 8 track, you see, I bought a 8 track to cassette adaptor, then used a cassette to CD adaptor to my portable CD player. sounds like crap but it works. first song played? Harry nilsson, jump into the fire. then monkey man, then Marilyn Manson, sweet dreams - I just like that song :D pics tomorrow.

Destroyer
06-08-06, 09:25 PM
Nice ride!. Get some more pics up when possible. Good luck with it!:thumbsup: