: So I got the extended warranty/component coverage on the rear end assembly....HOWEVER

verbs
05-29-06, 02:54 AM
they wouldn't give me component coverage for the driveshaft.

Last time my rear end blew up, it took the driveshaft with it. While I like the fact that GM is stepping up a bit and gave me component coverage (I think it's 7yrs 100K miles from the date of the new rear install), I wished they'd included the driveshaft.

So basically if the rear end grenades, the rear end will be covered under warranty, but any byproducts of the damage will be up to GM as to whether or not they will cover it. I kept asking why it couldn't be covered, and the moron I was speaking to gave me the same answer of "it cannot be warrantied at this time but should it be a problem we can revisit it at that time." I got him to admit that GM doesn't deem the driveshaft enough of a risk to give customers component coverage on it. I really would have liked to have seen something in writing that gave me full coverage on the rear and any parts destroyed as a byproduct of a rear failure.

FWIW the rear component coverage included axles, differential, and a few other parts on the rear assembly.

ahahnu
05-29-06, 06:53 AM
Who did you get this from?

Luna.
05-29-06, 10:40 AM
Who did you get this from?

:yeah:

wildwhl
05-29-06, 10:44 AM
ttt

WW

verbs
05-31-06, 02:00 AM
sorry guys, I just called Caddy customer service, that's all :)

nikon
05-31-06, 11:25 AM
how many rear ends have you had? is there a minimum for them to do this?? like under 3 and they wont do it??

verbs
05-31-06, 11:29 AM
on my 2nd. First one an '05 was replaced with an '06.