: EMERGENCY----c1232 and c1255

doug morra
01-28-04, 11:17 PM
I was driving on the highway and my abs and traction MIL came on. The codes are c1232 and c1255. Its snowy here in NY. Could it be that it is wet from the snow? Where is the EBCTM located so I can check? What else should I look at?

Any help is appreciated! This car is new to me. 98 deville.

doug

DaveSmed
01-29-04, 12:09 AM
It's on the left hand corner of the engine bay, on the modulator valve. Your codes are:

C1232- LF Wheel Speed Circuit Open or Shorted
C1255- EBTCM Internal Malfunction

Both codes could be caused by moisture getting someplace it shouldn't.

doug morra
01-29-04, 11:52 AM
That would be drivers side front. What does the modulator valve look like. Am I looking for a wire harness or some sort of clip connection to the ABS near caliper or is it on block, chassis or transmission? I know it it is difficult in writing but can you be more specific on location? The codes this morning were in History. I cleared them. Drove about 60 miles highway (pretty dry). The MIL's have NOT reappeared. Probably was due to snow. Funny but I had no problem this fall with rain or car washes etc.. Do you think it could become a re-occurring problem (nightmare)?
I Want to water tight the connection.

Thanks for your feedback,

Doug

It's on the left hand corner of the engine bay, on the modulator valve. Your codes are:

C1232- LF Wheel Speed Circuit Open or Shorted
C1255- EBTCM Internal Malfunction

Both codes could be caused by moisture getting someplace it shouldn't.

BeelzeBob
01-29-04, 01:56 PM
I would look carefully at the connection at the LF wheel speed sensor. The wheel speed sensor is integral to the wheel bearing assembly in the hub. You can follow the wires to it at the wheel hub. Possibly a big chunk of ice was hanging on it and unseated the connector slightly and let some moisture in or something. I would just visually check it out and remove the connector and clean and blow it out to make sure that no debris is in there.