: 4.53 0-60 in "V low power mode"

wildwhl
05-28-06, 02:34 PM
Many of you know that Mr. StealthV was/is my mentor with EFILive tuning. I'm a total beginner, but I stumbled across something thanks to Rick a while back that gave me an idea. A Launch control mode in a way. Rick of course knows a way to create a bit of a "V Power Mode" if he wanted to.

Well, I've been playing with a few things and here's what I found it.

I have an auto-meter D-PIC in the ashtray. While not 100% accurate, I've found by logging with my laptop and Efilive, it is really quite close. Let's call it close enough. For example, this morning I logged a 4.85 0-60 on the D-Pic and near as I can tell from my log it way <4.81 seconds.

Anyway, long story short, my best attempt to date on the D-Pic has shown a 4.30 0-60. This was with full on power from maggie and everything else, and a lot of judicious throttle control to limit wheel spin.

Today, I tried something different. Let's call it low power mode. Simply put I'm retarding throttle action via the ETC (but that's just part of the story).

Raise RPM's to ~1500 RPM - dump the clutch and floor it. Speedshift at redline and floor it again.

Result after exactly one attempt.

I need to refine this some more and share it with all once I really understand what is going on. The easiest way will be to show StealthV what I'm trying and let him fix what I've broken :worship:

WW (sorry for the bad pic)

The Tony Show
05-28-06, 04:01 PM
Awesome. I'm looking foward to seeing what you two come up with.

StealthV
05-28-06, 04:36 PM
WW simply has too much power to efficiently put it to the ground for a quick as possible 0-60 run. Cutting power output makes his V faster and this was done by adjusting the throttle response. Hopefully he'll try the different strategy that I emailed him a bit ago and it'll work even better.

Dennisscars
05-28-06, 05:05 PM
a right foot limiter....:histeric:

Dennisscars
05-28-06, 05:14 PM
You can call it "diff saver mode" :thumbsup:

wildwhl
05-28-06, 09:45 PM
Rick -

I'll play with your tip some more (boy that sounds bad). I'm trying to keep from limiting anything once I'm in motion, so that it may be a useful launch control for more than 0-60 times...and this is just fun to try ;)

WW

Chef
05-29-06, 10:50 AM
:thumbsup: Nice move. Recently I have found that to be VERY true and have been working on that as well ---retardin' is key.

Also, working on replacing the navigation "brain" with a true diagnostic tuned brain. A visual at a glance right in our car without a laptop hook up. I'd like to see as I drive before and after results what the car is doing....

Well done WW!

Chef

Seattle CTS-V
05-29-06, 11:35 AM
:thumbsup: Nice move. Recently I have found that to be VERY true and have been working on that as well ---retardin' is key.

Also, working on replacing the navigation "brain" with a true diagnostic tuned brain. A visual at a glance right in our car without a laptop hook up. I'd like to see as I drive before and after results what the car is doing....

Well done WW!

Chef

That would be sweet! Oh, oh, oh - and make it touchscreen!

obzidian
05-29-06, 11:43 AM
If you can intergrate the stock radio, vehicle info into a car-pc format, whereas you mount a touchscreen panel instead of the original radio, use a screen setup, and have a few inputs as, usb or a pin input for the pc, maybe a few rca and blamo...

i never really liked the way the stock radio nav looked, its colors are bland and software design kinda looks dated.... however, i had a car pc for my camaro and built a custom main screen and windows, much like web structural design, with a chevy logo in the middle and my motor as a background and that workd well (Whole run on sentence batman!!)

it can be done but hard to go aroiund the stock features and integrate it to the new system.