: new smell....

MadMike
05-27-06, 03:40 PM
got a new smell from caddy today :mad: smells like coolant. The screen says to check the coolant level but its good. No drips on the groung that i could see but underhood the smell is still there... and when it got to the dealer, of course its Memorial Day weekend and no-one is around to look at it. So now i get to drive a g6 Puntiac. power?handling?comfort?class? ugh!

ChicagoCTS32
05-27-06, 09:02 PM
Sorry they gave you that POS... good luck with the funny smell.

ndogg ct
05-27-06, 10:15 PM
no doubt it is your radiator!!you probably could have kept it for the weekend as i drove mine for at least a few months before it got really bad...ther eis a tsb on this..
good luck i hope they are not on backorder in your area...

DILLIGAF
05-27-06, 11:39 PM
got a new smell from caddy today :mad: smells like coolant. The screen says to check the coolant level but its good. No drips on the groung that i could see but underhood the smell is still there... and when it got to the dealer, of course its Memorial Day weekend and no-one is around to look at it. So now i get to drive a g6 Puntiac. power?handling?comfort?class? ugh!If my coolant is 1/8 inch low that light will come on.Sorry about the loaner pos.Some lucky dog has a V for the weekend:burn: :burn: :burn: yours

B Hoth
05-28-06, 12:19 AM
Don't have the V, but I had the same thing happen and had to have a new water pump installed at 37K. My service advisor said they were seeing some bad water heater valves which would diagnoss the same way. Good Luck.