: 05-STS-Cabin Filter

robert
05-27-06, 01:50 PM
I purchased a cabin filter for my 05 STS V-8 at my Cadillac dealer and was advised that the cabin filter was located in front of the passenger side of the engine firewall. I still cannot locate the cabin filter and I don't want to take the battery out to attempt to try to locate the cabin filter. Has anyone ever replaced their cabin filter in their STS V-8.

don_mccarter
05-27-06, 02:20 PM
I purchased a cabin filter for my 05 STS V-8 at my Cadillac dealer and was advised that the cabin filter was located in front of the passenger side of the engine firewall. I still cannot locate the cabin filter and I don't want to take the battery out to attempt to try to locate the cabin filter. Has anyone ever replaced their cabin filter in their STS V-8.

The instructions for changing the cabin filter are shown in my owners
manual on pages 3-54 & 3-55.

Fred STS
06-19-06, 12:15 PM
I just discovered that there is a cabin air filter. Thanks for directing me to the owner's manuel. This ofcourse would be the last place I would look.

Thanks

silver2kws6
08-05-08, 08:52 PM
what kind of filters are you getting ?
the charcoal or regular one ?
how often do they say you should replace them ??

i might just get a cheapo since i doubt it filters that much crap out

justgreat
08-06-08, 04:27 PM
i wasquoted a price of over 60$ from the dealer, i ended up getting a wix from rockauto.com for 36 as i recall...part number is 495-24495...i replaced mine after 2 years and i think i could have gone longer, once i cleaned the original...but i destroyed the oem when i tried to put it back in sideways!!
the wix has a special treatment to kill mold; it looks identical to the oem that came out of the car.

jackg
06 sts6