: 2005 sts.....i need help please

AnthonySerp
05-27-06, 12:52 AM
i just purchased a 2005 sts northstar from an auto auction. I love it but is missing some odds and ends.
I need:
owners manual
another remote(i only got 1)
factory floor mats(grey)
navigation cd

if any one has or knows where i should look for these parts, the help would be greatly appreciated

1 other thing i found some remotes for sale on ebay and they say this is remote 1 or remote 2 whats the difference? how do i kow which 1 i have.

thanks

BarryNS
05-27-06, 01:23 AM
For Any of the manuals including the Owners and Navigation manual as well as any service manual, go to the following URL:

http://www.helminc.com and follow the links.

For the Navigation Disk:
Either call 1-877-NAV-DISC (1-877-628-3472) or go to www.gmnavdisc.com and you can order the latest disc for the car. The current version is 2.0 and they will send the right one according to you vin. I believe it cost 199.00 + shipping. for a total of 207.00

You should be able to get an additional remote from your dealer and there will are instructions in the manual explaining how to program it yourself. The number of the remote is engraved on the back of the remote.... hard to see, but there.

ascariSTS
05-27-06, 06:40 AM
Remote 1 is for driver 1, and 2 for 2... each of them have seperate settings..

dig the car's menu and find memory settings...

AnthonySerp
05-27-06, 07:52 AM
thanks

harryctsv
05-27-06, 09:54 AM
i just purchased a 2005 sts northstar from an auto auction. I love it but is missing some odds and ends.
I need:
owners manual
another remote(i only got 1)
factory floor mats(grey)
navigation cd

if any one has or knows where i should look for these parts, the help would be greatly appreciated

1 other thing i found some remotes for sale on ebay and they say this is remote 1 or remote 2 whats the difference? how do i kow which 1 i have.

thanks

Hi Anthony, congrats on your new buy!
Best way to get this things is over your Cadillac-dealer, if you want to pay less try ebay!

Remote 1 or 2 - just look at the back side of your FOB, it stands right there which one you have.

greetings from Germany
Harry

AllWheelEric
05-30-06, 11:27 AM
If you have patience, you can save a good couple bucks by shopping ebay. I also bought my car used. I got a full manual set on ebay for about $25 and a second remote for $40. You'll have to go through the somewhat scary process of forcing the car to forget all previous remotes, then learn the two remotes as a pair. Otherwise the car will learn your second remote as remote #3, and the memory functions won't work. Allow at least an hour for programming. It's simple but it's designed to be slow so you can't steal the car this way. The steps are in the manual.

For instant gratification you can download the owner's manuals in PDF form. Create an account on www.mygmlink.com , enter the car info, then click on Vehicle then click on Glovebox. You'll especially need the NAV manual to figure that device out. If you buy a used manual set on ebay, be sure the NAV manual is included. The how-to-use-the-NAV-system manual is not included in the map DVD. There's a fairly useless booklet provided with the map DVD.