: A Cadillac-built FTS?

90Brougham350
05-26-06, 11:37 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fleetwood-Touring-Sedan-Ultra-Rare-with-Navigation_W0QQitemZ4643070945QQcategoryZ6149QQrdZ 1QQcmdZViewItem

This is just awesome looking! I love the center console!

caddycruiser
05-27-06, 09:30 AM
NO, that car belongs to a member on here who bought it new as your typical Brougham and then added all that to it.

He never should have worded the ad the way he did though, because it already is throwing people off "who don't know" into thinking it's something that it isn't. An amazing car, for sure, but not a factory thing like he made it out to sound...just a lot of nice GM and custom bolt-ons.

Especially this line:

There are less than 10 of these known to exist and most certainly the only one offered for sale. Cadillac has since the mid 1980's made available to the aftermarket a certain number of chassis for conversion into mostly limousines and hearses.

I know what his car really is, as do a few others around here, but to anyone else that's just a bit misleading.

caddydaddy
05-27-06, 05:37 PM
LOL, I don't even think DVD based navigation systems existed in 1994!

CoupeDevilleRob
05-27-06, 10:42 PM
That guy is so full of shit. It is a very nice car, I really like the console he added. But to play that off as a rare factory model is just wrong. It's the same thing as taking a Tempest putting a 389 and some GTO emblems on it and selling it as the real thing. Stuff like this really annoys me.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-27-06, 11:09 PM
I'm sure those A-Pillar guages were Cadillac factory stock....

scurling
05-28-06, 01:35 AM
Ditto...:yeah:

I will have to say I like the smooth hood and black grill. Kind of what I'd like to do with mine one day.

danbuc
05-28-06, 02:32 AM
Katshot's car isn't blue......just throwin that out there.

caddycruiser
05-28-06, 05:17 PM
That guy is so full of shit. It is a very nice car, I really like the console he added. But to play that off as a rare factory model is just wrong. It's the same thing as taking a Tempest putting a 389 and some GTO emblems on it and selling it as the real thing. Stuff like this really annoys me.

He's a very well known member on these boards (SSStealth) and I'm sure he didn't mean for it to come off that way, but it just kinda did with the way he worded a bit of it.

Anyone with sense will know what it is, but a more "dummy proof" description would have helped.

On another hand, people don't seem to be believing the mileage (334k) since it's been so well maintained and looks so good, but that part really is verifiably true--he's had it since new, and has all the records.

Katshot's car isn't blue......just throwin that out there.

Huh? What does that even have to do with anything here? This is a different person and different car, and no one ever even mentioned Katshot or blue...

96Fleetwood
05-28-06, 06:04 PM
Bill is one of the first that started the 1994-1996 Fleetwood Hot-Rod following. His car will be greatly missed :thumbsup:

caddycruiser
05-28-06, 09:18 PM
Bill is one of the first that started the 1994-1996 Fleetwood Hot-Rod following. His car will be greatly missed :thumbsup:

Yes, it most certainly will and I sure hope it ends up in good hands:thumbsup:

But in the end, WOW did he ever get a great replacement with his purchase of a new STS-V:yup: