: Car pics - post your pics

netrave
05-26-06, 03:28 PM
Just bought my first Caddy..

http://www.shadowmarine.com/sts.jpg

What do ya think? post your cars!

black93sts
05-26-06, 03:58 PM
Stunning. That grill and those wheels along with the silver paint just make that car look...stunning.

urbanski
05-26-06, 04:01 PM
WOW
very slick!

Cajonkev
05-26-06, 08:58 PM
I'm not sure what it is, but for some reason I seem to like the Platinum Silver on your car.

Oh yea! Now I remember why...:thumbsup:

The ground effects are nice too...

Jesda
05-27-06, 03:53 AM
wow Wow WOW!!!! Nicely done!

MJDART
05-27-06, 07:16 PM
Double WOW - very nice:thumbsup:

Earthdog
05-27-06, 09:32 PM

I just got my STS and I want to know where can I get the ground effects kit?

soupero
05-28-06, 09:23 AM
That bumper kit looks awesome and I love the V-grill you guys have!

jgrade
05-28-06, 11:25 AM
I have the same car in black minus the wheels (looking for a set now) will post later. Very nice ride!

lagier
05-29-06, 09:45 PM
I just got my STS and I want to know where can I get the ground effects kit?

I just purchased the d3 cadillac exterior package. I will post pics once it is shipped and completed. Should be completed in another two weeks. Their website is www.d3cadillac.com

That's a nice ride above. Looks like the E&G Classic body kit. Sweet!

Earthdog
05-30-06, 06:55 PM
I just purchased the d3 cadillac exterior package. I will post pics once it is shipped and completed. Should be completed in another two weeks. Their website is www.d3cadillac.com

That's a nice ride above. Looks like the E&G Classic body kit. Sweet!

I just can't find the kits anywhere I can find the E&G kit for the CTS everywhere but not the STS. I have not called D3 they don't list anything, it sounds more like I have to take the car to them.

Is it me or I see tons of stuff for the CTS but not much at all for the STS?

netrave
05-31-06, 09:56 AM
i actually have a dealer near my job who sells the kits for the STS

there name is Vogue Tyre
contact Miguel 954-484-4244

he also has the rims in stock as well... all different kinds...

Platinum06
05-31-06, 11:37 PM
http://vogue-tyre.com/products/index.php

jgrade
06-01-06, 08:42 AM
Dealer installed on my STS. The only markings are EFX on the ground effects. Still waiting for good weather to get some pics.

Dr. Design
06-01-06, 12:29 PM
Hello,
We are trying to develop new components for the STS application. Can't let the CTS guys have all the fun! We can ship items anywhere in the US. Just give us a call and we can get you taken care of. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Thank you,

I just can't find the kits anywhere I can find the E&G kit for the CTS everywhere but not the STS. I have not called D3 they don't list anything, it sounds more like I have to take the car to them.

Is it me or I see tons of stuff for the CTS but not much at all for the STS?

SoCadillac
06-01-06, 02:36 PM
I'm not sure what it is, but for some reason I seem to like the Platinum Silver on your car.

Oh yea! Now I remember why...:thumbsup:

The ground effects are nice too...
Did you have your license plate holder painted to color match your STS? I did on my CTS as I wanted my license plate holder for my custom plate. Mine is light platinum too.

Cajonkev
06-01-06, 02:46 PM
On my 05 I had them not put it on as I liked the lines better even though CA. law says you have to have it.

I asked for the same thing on my 06 and of course they put it on anyway... Since it is riveted on, it was going to be either a patch job or bumper replacement to get it back off again and I had the paint film guys there (at the dealership) waiting to do their work when they problem was found.

Sooooo, I decided to have them drill out the rivets, paint it to match, put a coat of sealer on it to try and keep the chipping/flaking down and re-mount it (all provided by the dealer). The dealer then ordered me a chrome "STS" plate to mount up front as an apology for the SNAFU which hasn't arrived as yet.

So long story short. yes, I had it painted to match!

SoCadillac
06-01-06, 02:53 PM
So long story short. yes, I had it painted to match!
It looks much less intrusive when painted. I went the WeatherTech route, in black:

http://www.weathertech.com/store/prodsearch.asp?item_group_id=25

I actually like having the front plate on as it is the first line of defense when some fool uses tapping your bumper while trying to park as a guide.

Kael
06-01-06, 04:00 PM
like this?

http://www.aslauto.com/grilles/classicgrills/2005cadsts.gif

SoCadillac
06-01-06, 04:24 PM
like this?
I don't know Kael, but I think the D3 team has E&G whipped...

nyyankeehater
06-01-06, 10:42 PM

http://www.shadowmarine.com/sts.jpg

Damn that is sweet. Stunning.

Kael
06-02-06, 09:29 AM
to me it lokos liek the d3 and e&G kits look the same.

is that not so?

Dr. Design
06-02-06, 04:23 PM
Hello,
There a quite a few differences between the two. Our D3 Exterior Enhancement Package includes a Poly Urethane Front Bumper, Fenders w/inserts, side skirts with slots, mesh grill, rear bumper add ons, and rear roof spoiler. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Thank you,

is that not so?

lagier
06-02-06, 04:51 PM

is that not so?

There is a lot of difference. Not to knock the car above (it is a very, very nice looking caddie), but the reason I went with the D3 was because the designer seemed to capture the "cadillac" look/feel. The E&G kit seems to look like "aftermarket" especially where they attach by the wheels. Plus the polyurethane sold me, too.

Basically to me, the D3 seems like it would catch someone's eye and they would think "hey, is that an '07 sts?" rather than a second look at E&G and say... "body kit".

Again, the above car looks nice. I am just explaining why I went with D3.

Now, I just can't wait til it ships and is completed!

sckelly
06-21-06, 10:18 PM
Very Nice ride! What type of tint and body kit?

cmicasa
06-24-06, 05:46 PM
Yours is BANGIN...
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/827000-827999/827470_2_full.jpg
Here is mine...http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/827000-827999/827470_1_full.jpg

Earthdog
06-25-06, 10:16 AM
Here is mine...http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/827000-827999/827470_1_full.jpg

Who's grill do you have on there?

netrave
06-26-06, 08:53 AM
i like the car in black!!! looks sweeeeet...

hey i was wondering for the guys with the D3 or whatever body kit... does it come pre-painted??? or do you have to get everything painted to match... as far as the kit i got, all i had to do is tell them the color of my car and everythign was sent ready to go... easy to install.... i just know from expericence when your dealing with having to paint to match and install body kits, it comes out to be way more expensive and never fits right...

lagier
06-26-06, 11:00 AM
i like the car in black!!! looks sweeeeet...

hey i was wondering for the guys with the D3 or whatever body kit... does it come pre-painted??? or do you have to get everything painted to match... as far as the kit i got, all i had to do is tell them the color of my car and everythign was sent ready to go... easy to install.... i just know from expericence when your dealing with having to paint to match and install body kits, it comes out to be way more expensive and never fits right...

Yes, it does not come prepainted. So, I had to find a local body shop to do the work. I think I found a great place, though. A friend of mine referred me to a guy who does a lot of high-end cars, ferrari, etc.. The paint texture/ color should match perfectly from what I hear. I am counting on D3 to have the lines match perfectly. My D3 rep seems like a competent guy, so I think I'll be alright.

Still waiting for it to be shipped though. I will post some close-up pics of the work when it is completed.

No doubt, your car is sweet looking! What size wheels are on your ride?

netrave
06-26-06, 12:43 PM
Yes, it does not come prepainted. So, I had to find a local body shop to do the work. I think I found a great place, though. A friend of mine referred me to a guy who does a lot of high-end cars, ferrari, etc.. The paint texture/ color should match perfectly from what I hear. I am counting on D3 to have the lines match perfectly. My D3 rep seems like a competent guy, so I think I'll be alright.

Still waiting for it to be shipped though. I will post some close-up pics of the work when it is completed.

No doubt, your car is sweet looking! What size wheels are on your ride?

well first off my wheels are 20's... like i was saying, if you have the time, money and patients to do a full on body kit, with custom bumpers, etc... than go for it... but ive never had that kinda time to wait, and then deal with all the BS that comes along with a full body kit... i use my car as an every day driver and have to worry about chips and normal wear and tear... if it was just a show car i could understand spendin that kinda money and time in a project...

cmicasa
06-26-06, 11:01 PM
Who's grill do you have on there?

E&G Grille

cmicasa
06-26-06, 11:05 PM
[quote=netrave]well first off my wheels are 20's...

Mine are 20's as well...In Baltimore I have had more than one bend due to potholes...currently my wheels are in the shop being unbent...I am currently rolling on stick 17inch Polished wheels...still looks good tho...Caddy did a good job on this car..I am excited to see the new CTS too. If the Sixteen type car hits in the next year..I will making the move up

babaz
07-01-06, 12:43 AM
Very cool, is it lowered as well?