: guys....Wrong pressure on TPM?

urbanski
05-25-06, 12:30 PM
did one die?
says 6, real pressure is 33 :rolleyes:

I read 0 and --- are dead, didn't see much about wrong pressure, lol.
thanks!

Mat347
05-25-06, 12:35 PM
The tire guys at the dealership sent mine thru the ringer, I had them order a replacement due to very high, then very low readings(obviously busted), but after about a week it has somehow fixed itself :confused:

Maybe a recalibration will fix it???

urbanski
05-25-06, 01:35 PM
it went from 6 to 19 on the drive to work
maybe its just gunked up? who knows. i did the reset thing, which didnt make her spring to 30.

Mat347
05-25-06, 03:25 PM
The sensors do not like being dirty. I went thru two complete sets of them due to the dealership tire shop using AXLE GREASE(yes AXLE GREASE) "to help them seat". Needless to say it screwed my wheel balance up as well. I only found this out after Discount replaced my tires. Friggin idiots :rant2:

But my sensors simply registered "0" and would keep me out of PDM after about a day of being replaced.

P-Funk
05-25-06, 03:43 PM
Mat, what dealership did you go to?

DILLIGAF
05-25-06, 04:33 PM
it went from 6 to 19 on the drive to work
maybe its just gunked up? who knows. i did the reset thing, which didnt make her spring to 30.How many curbs did you hop on the way to work URB.Were all 4 wheels on the ground when this happened?Did you have a car full of fat chicks when this happened?I get goofy readings too.When I air my tires up in the garage I try to have the valve stem up, so when I let air out of the tire all the crap in the tire might stay away from the sensors.Maybe it helps keeps crap out of the little holes maybe not.:alchi:

RedGalant2k1
05-25-06, 11:49 PM
How many curbs did you hop on the way to work URB.Were all 4 wheels on the ground when this happened?Did you have a car full of fat chicks when this happened?I get goofy readings too.When I air my tires up in the garage I try to have the valve stem up, so when I let air out of the tire all the crap in the tire might stay away from the sensors.Maybe it helps keeps crap out of the little holes maybe not.:alchi:
If you have foriegn objects (aka crap) in your tires you have more issues than a faulty reading from a tire pressure sensor.

Urbanski,

Try getting them retrained, if that doesn't work your going to need to replace at least one sensor. Btw, in the process of retraining a TPMS it would be directly obvious if a sensor has failed because it wouldn't allow the system to fully train.

urbanski
05-26-06, 07:04 AM
hmmm, yeah, but it retrained fine twice :)
maybe its got water on it or something.
i swear its not broken. bloody thing goes from 12 to 18 then 13 then 19. lol.
at least i haven't hit a wall in 6 months :)

tedcmiller
05-26-06, 07:34 AM
urbanski,
I had a TPM that developed a problem that caused it to read low (different values at different times) or zero sometimes. After two attempts to show the erroneous reading to the dealer (it would start working properly again about the time I arrived at the dealer) it finally stayed in its failure mode until I could show it to the dealer. They replaced the TPM and there have been no similar problems since. Your TPM is defective. Replace it.

StealthV
05-26-06, 12:13 PM
Could be as simple as the battery going flat in the TPM.

The easy solution for you would be to send your CCWs and I'll trade them even up for a set of stock wheels & tires w/ new TPMs guaranteed to work.