: guys in SC texas with MAGGIES!!!!

moldowan
05-25-06, 12:13 PM
OK any guys in houston or anywhere for that matter within 4 hours of san antonio that have a maagie on their V that will give me a test spin soon?

The reason i want to "feel" the maggie is I was considering a new M5 or a cls55 amg but............. I ran into this guy who has a new M5 and i asked him to come to the drag strip with me last night (i brought my viper) The damn m5 could only pull a 13.1 with p500 and s6 mode using launch control!!!!! he did it over and over.
Then I test drove a cls55 amg and the torque of that kompressor motor is awesome!!! but its about 95K
I feel a maggied V should be right there with thess 2 cars and might kill the M5 under 120mph- actually from 70 -130 the M5 is nearly as fast as my viper, but the snake still pull on the M5.
so if i trade my V for 35k ( maybe) and put in 50- 60k i could have a cls55 amg or.........put in 6k for a maggie and surprise the shit out of every one, then pay another 2k- 5k for another '06 diff or an after market 9" when i blow it, or if it holds for 2 years buy the new RS6 that i REALLY WANT!!!!!

so please help me out texans!!!!
-Moldy

StealthV
05-25-06, 12:19 PM
Moldy, just order the Maggie. Give everyone else rides - like urby! :)

Hmm...sounds like we need a mass Maggie install in SA some weekend.

onebadcad
05-25-06, 12:27 PM
Moldy,
I am in SoFlo, so I can't give you a thrill ride in "The Beast." Stick with the V and get the Maggie; for additional HP, consider a cam swap (mild cam will net you at least an additional 25-30 RWHP), meth injection and a lighter flywheel, and a tune, which may get you close to 500RWHP. This set-up will rival a stock M5 or CLS55, and you get to keep the 6-speed manual. I took a ride in a friend's E55 last week, and it is nice, but I don't think its $25-30K (figuring $10K for the V's mods) nicer,,, AND IT DOESN'T COME IN STICK!!!!

Mat347
05-25-06, 12:33 PM
I agree...go with a Maggie, or wait a few months and get the procharger kit.

urbanski
05-25-06, 01:40 PM
lol
mass-SA maggie day :p

Luna.
05-25-06, 01:51 PM
Another consideration is the aforementioned N/A 402 stroker. If I had the chance to do it all over again, I'd put some serious consideration into that.

It would put down power on par (if not superior) to a tuned maggie with a 2.6" pulley, but without the heat, risk or belt slip issues.

ChicagoCTS32
05-25-06, 03:19 PM
Devil's advocate, but.... the M5 is getting a 6MT this fall.

51PHFTY
05-25-06, 06:14 PM
N/A is a thought. I recently heard a N/A motor with heads and cam etc. It sounded great, but had a lot more valve train noise than I expected. There is something about the maggie whine that just makes me grin. Half the time, I hit the pedal just to hear the whine.

My $.02

Marty

Luna.
05-25-06, 06:21 PM
N/A is a thought. I recently heard a N/A motor with heads and cam etc. It sounded great, but had a lot more valve train noise than I expected. There is something about the maggie whine that just makes me grin. Half the time, I hit the pedal just to hear the whine.

My $.02

Marty

100% agree. Hence the word "consider"...:)

It would be a hard choice.

moldowan
05-25-06, 07:52 PM
still need a texan to show me the maggie........ok i'll drive 5 hours to see and ride in one!!!!
-moldy

wildwhl
05-25-06, 10:12 PM
Texas to Reno - I'll meet you half way in Vegas? J/K

WW

DILLIGAF
05-25-06, 10:21 PM
Meet up in Dallas with those guys,check out Parkers diff.I'm waiting for a get together to come down.

Dennisscars
05-25-06, 11:35 PM
Play this about half a dozen times and you'll be ordering a kit...

http://www.zoomersexhaust.com/video_cadillac_cts/cadillac_ctsv_driveby.html

erp2863
05-26-06, 02:11 AM
OK any guys in houston or anywhere for that matter with
so if i trade my V for 35k ( maybe) and put in 50- 60k i could have a cls55 amg or.........put in 6k for a maggie and surprise the shit out of every one, then pay another 2k- 5k for another '06 diff or an after market 9" when i blow it, or if it holds for 2 years buy the new RS6 that i REALLY WANT!!!!!

so please help me out texans!!!!
-Moldy

If you do decide on not doing the maggie, you might want to hold out on your car purchase until the new AMG 63's roll out. Have to imagine the price of the 55's will take a hit. Personally would take the torquier blown 55 versus the NA 63.

Eric

moldowan
05-26-06, 02:26 AM
i figured the 55 will take a hit but not until the rags flog a 63 and say it's better!
Unless they like the 55 k engine better then it'll be worth more -LOL
The 55 engine is more mod'able anyway.
if no one steps up i'll prob. be in a cls55 soon knowing my attention span!
-moldy

urbanski
05-26-06, 07:00 AM
modly if you dump your ride, sell me your wheels
i have some kinda beat-up stockers with RSAs we can slap back on

thefly
05-26-06, 02:40 PM
drive up to dallas and go over to 21st century muscle car. i am sure they could either take you for a ride or point you in the direction of someone who has one...

moldowan
05-28-06, 08:16 PM
bump....................
save me from spending 60k on a MB 55K........please!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-moldy

DansCTSV
05-29-06, 07:44 AM
I don't get these threads. If you got that kind of money to buy a Mercedes then just keep the V and get the Mercedes. You will need a car while the Mercedes is in the shop. If you don't have that kind of money then its a no brainer, keep the V.

This is kind of like when Blitzer posted that he had to sell his V to buy a 500k Mercedes.

moldowan
05-29-06, 09:50 AM
I don't get these threads. If you got that kind of money to buy a Mercedes then just keep the V and get the Mercedes. You will need a car while the Mercedes is in the shop. If you don't have that kind of money then its a no brainer, keep the V.

This is kind of like when Blitzer posted that he had to sell his V to buy a 500k Mercedes.

WTF?? not even close my friend!
spending 50k more for a merc VS. 460K for a SLR is the same?????? If my math is correct 50 goes into 460 9.2 times?????
Besides I DO NOT HAVE 500K for a SLR!!! But I do HAVE 35K trade in value and another 25K cash which makes 60K in downpayment and finance the other 30K.................does that make me super rich???? Rich enough to buy a SLR or to keep both???? My Damn house only cost 425K!!!!!!!!!-LOL
-moldy

Luna.
05-29-06, 10:36 AM
If you do decide on not doing the maggie, you might want to hold out on your car purchase until the new AMG 63's roll out. Have to imagine the price of the 55's will take a hit. Personally would take the torquier blown 55 versus the NA 63.

Eric

Many on the E55 boards agree. Many are NOT happy about the N/A characteristics of the new E63 motor and prefer the E55 blown one. Based on what I have read, I tend to agree.