: Penske Shocks on the Way!!!

byucelt
05-24-06, 06:05 PM
I have been working with Matt at Penske and he has been great. He is building me a custom coilover setup with single adjustment compatability. One of the engineers who works at Penske has a V and they are doing all the dyno testing with his car. If anyone is interested in also getting something like this PM me and I can send you his info. I have pics!! send me an e-mail to byucelt@aii.edu and i can send them to you.

OldRoadDawg
05-24-06, 06:56 PM
Post those pics here where we can all see! Tell us more. The more coilover options available the happier we all are. Mods! We need more mods! $$$ :bonkers:

byucelt
05-24-06, 08:39 PM
Pics are on the way. I have had issues getting them on the forum site. I SUCK at computer technology!!

Dreamin
05-24-06, 09:09 PM
http://www.geocities.com/zeemr@sbcglobal.net/DSC00020.jpg

Dennisscars
05-24-06, 09:27 PM
Pertty... when Luna get his.. I want a ride...:bouncy:

byucelt
05-24-06, 11:35 PM
what do you guys think? I have more photos that I will send to dreamin tommorow so he can get them on the forum for me.

ctsvett
05-25-06, 01:10 AM
just upload them here:

http://www.clubcts.com/upload

Improvements made.... it now resizes and generates a line of text that you can copy here to embed the picture in your post

PM me with questions...

VELOSE
05-25-06, 02:15 AM
Damn.........those are some nicely engineered suspension parts.

Dreamin, you know what this is for ----->:bonkers:

rand49er
05-25-06, 04:31 AM
Gorgeous!

Got any $ figures?

vr6aaron
05-25-06, 08:10 AM
I want some, how much?

cash
05-25-06, 09:10 AM
Wow, that looks nice. What spring rates are you getting?

Is penske planning to do this as a production kit?

byucelt
05-25-06, 11:25 AM
They do plan to make them production. You can also get double adjustable and triple adjustable with a canister, of course that will cost you. Matt from Penske also told me that they are coming out with titanium springs which will reduce the weight dramatically. Spring rates are still in the works. They have the V on the dyno and they are trying to get me a stiffer but not punishing ride. The guys at Penske are great, Matt has called me with updates and given me suggestions on what to do and how he feels it would work best for what I am looking for. The customer service is TOP NOTCH!!!

byucelt
05-25-06, 06:20 PM
http://www.clubcts.com/upload/posted/bu-DSC00016-s.jpg (http://www.clubcts.com/upload/posted/bu-DSC00016.JPG)

http://www.clubcts.com/upload/posted/bu-DSC00017-s.jpg (http://www.clubcts.com/upload/posted/bu-DSC00017.JPG)

More pics. ENJOY!!!

Luna.
05-25-06, 06:27 PM
Pertty... when Luna get his.. I want a ride...:bouncy:

:histeric: I was going to say the same thing about you!

Dennisscars
05-25-06, 11:58 PM
Nah... any more mod's would require a better driver... so I'll just ride along with you's.

VELOSE
05-27-06, 02:24 AM
Unless I change my mind and not sell the V, I would be next on this setup.

BowenCT
05-27-06, 10:04 AM
$$$???

byucelt
05-27-06, 01:30 PM
Unless I change my mind and not sell the V, I would be next on this setup.

sell the V?? How could you???

byucelt
05-27-06, 01:32 PM
Depending on what set up you want the cost changes from that point. What I am getting is a single adjustable coilover which will run me about $2000.

VELOSE
05-27-06, 01:45 PM
Depending on what set up you want the cost changes from that point. What I am getting is a single adjustable coilover which will run me about $2000.

I know byucelt, how could I.:crybaby: I have some interest on the parts I have for sale and now it's starting to sink in that the V could be on its way out. Now I don't know if to let it go.:thepan:

That suspension is reasonable. It looks so much better engineered over the Ground Control too. Now what to do?:confused:

Georges06CTS-V
05-27-06, 02:54 PM

Does the $2000 include the Penske single adjustable shocks and titanium lowering springs? If so that is a great price. I would be very interested in getting a set.

byucelt
05-27-06, 10:10 PM
Velose, I will admit I have thought of getting rid of my V also but there really is nothing else like it on the road. The feel of the engine can't be beat. I have an 03 M3 also and that does not give me the same feeling as does the V. I think when the new V comes out or the V8 M3 I may be letting the V go but until then I will just keep the mods a coming.

byucelt
05-27-06, 10:13 PM
Does the $2000 include the Penske single adjustable shocks and titanium lowering springs? If so that is a great price. I would be very interested in getting a set.

no, if you want titanium springs they are more expensive. I really don't know how much more. The $2K is basically what you see in the photos. If we get enough intrest from memebers they may do something for us. If you guys want to contact Matt @ Penske his e-mail is mattgiles@penskeshocks.com. Mention Baris the guy from San Diego with the V.

VELOSE
05-28-06, 01:54 PM
Baris, I'm looking at the pics and I only see struts. Does the kit come with rear shocks and specially tuned springs for the V at $2000? If so, I might just take your word that the M3 is not worth getting over the V.

Also, lets say that if I do want a set on Tuesday, how soon could I have them? Are yours going to be available in a week or are they still working on developing the kit?

wildwhl
05-28-06, 02:06 PM
Frank -

The 2nd set of pics shows the rear shocks...post #13

WW

VELOSE
05-28-06, 02:18 PM
Oh ok, thanks WW. Now wondering if springs are included in the price. ;)

byucelt
05-28-06, 11:13 PM
Oh ok, thanks WW. Now wondering if springs are included in the price. ;)

I have not ironed out the details with springs being included in the price. If not, the difference will not be too much. You need to talk to Mattgiles@penskeshocks.com in regards to pricing. The shocks will be available as soon as he configures everything on the dyno. I will have them within 2-3 weeks. I can assure you that it will be sooner then the GC kit. I don't want to downplay the M3. The issue with me and my M3 is that the V is a TQ monster and the M3 is not. To get the M3 up to speed you have to ride it much harder then you would the V. The V can be effortless in its power ban.

VELOSE
05-28-06, 11:40 PM
I sent Matt an email. We'll see what he says on Tuesday. Thanks Baris. ;)

byucelt
05-31-06, 11:55 AM
I spoke to Matt yesterday and he said that they will be testing the coilover setup on the V that they have at the shop. Matt has been working on the V coilovers when he has any free time between the races. I should have a set of Penske coilovers by the end of the month. If anyone else is interested you may want to contact XXX REMOVED

VELOSE
05-31-06, 01:05 PM
Byucelt, I sent him an email over the weekend. I sent him a reminder to respond to me late afternoon yesterday. Still no reply.:crybaby:

byucelt
05-31-06, 01:34 PM
Byucelt, I sent him an email over the weekend. I sent him a reminder to respond to me late afternoon yesterday. Still no reply.:crybaby:

I believe he went to the races today. I will ask him if he received your e-mails. Also, give him a call---Matt Giles (610)-375-6180

VELOSE
05-31-06, 01:40 PM
Yeah, the guy is at the races. He won't be back in the office until Monday. It's all good, I can wait. Thank you....;)

Dreamin
05-31-06, 02:11 PM
I can wait.

Wait for what?? Your car to sell?? Traitor.

VELOSE
05-31-06, 02:21 PM
Wait for what?? Your car to sell?? Traitor.

:lies:

ctsvett
05-31-06, 05:21 PM
Have penske e-mail me or sal and become a supporting vendor... Sounds like they have a market here..

Reed

byucelt
05-31-06, 07:27 PM
will do...

byucelt
07-05-06, 06:45 PM
guys,

Matt from Penske called me today to give me an update on the coilovers. His schedule has been very hectic and Pennsylvania has had some serious rain and their shop was flooded. Anyway, the good stuff, Matt let me know that they are in the final R&D stages. Before he begins taking orders he does want to test fit the system on the V at the shop. There is still a possability that we may not be able to get a true coilover set up and just the shocks which can be used in conjunction with eibach or stock springs. If all is good we will have the coilovers!! He also let me know that he is also deciding on a double or triple adjustable system for anyone who wants that level of performance. Matt also gave me his cell number for guys on the forum to call him in regards to any questions you may have XXXXX [removed by mod]

ctsvett
07-05-06, 07:21 PM
sorry, I removed Matts phone number, He cant sell the shocks here until he becomes a supporting vendor. Have him e-mail me or call me and I can explain to him all about it.

Reed

byucelt
07-06-06, 12:00 PM
[quote=ctsvett]sorry, I removed Matts phone number, He cant sell the shocks here until he becomes a supporting vendor. Have him e-mail me or call me and I can explain to him all about it.

Reed,

if you want to give him a call I think that you may be able to work something out with him. Matt works at the Main office for Penske shocks in PA. If the forum would want a company to become a supporting vendor shouldn't the person/s in charge of the forum be pro-active and call the client?

05CTS
07-06-06, 12:09 PM
Whats the difference between the coilovers that Matt from Penske is providing vs. the coilover that Mallet-Penske has?

Here is a link
http://www.mallettcars.com/ctsv-conversionoptions.htm#suspension

byucelt
07-06-06, 12:28 PM
Well, Penske will be able to cater to specific needs that a driver may want. Mallett-Penske shocks are the same but in my opinon if you are able to speak directly with the builder you may be able to get a better idea of what you are buying.

wooderson
07-06-06, 06:36 PM
Well, Penske will be able to cater to specific needs that a driver may want. Mallett-Penske shocks are the same but in my opinon if you are able to speak directly with the builder you may be able to get a better idea of what you are buying.Is this going to be a bolt on kit? I thought Mallett changed some of the mounting points on there set up.

byucelt
07-07-06, 10:51 AM
Is this going to be a bolt on kit? I thought Mallett changed some of the mounting points on there set up.

The goal is to make it a plug-and-play system.

jpr
08-14-06, 09:06 AM
Any Updates?

Jpr:)