: Pics and vids of our AZPS 700BHP CTS-V!

AZPowerAndSound
05-24-06, 05:20 PM
Well here are the pics! Stereo was done at a local shop called Soundwerks of Scottsdale... they built the cover and amp racks that go over our bottles!
http://members.cox.net/moconnor4ss/stevenctsv.jpg
http://members.cox.net/moconnor4ss/stevenctsv-2.jpg
http://members.cox.net/moconnor4ss/stevenctsv-5.jpg
http://members.cox.net/moconnor4ss/stevenctsv-6.jpg
http://members.cox.net/moconnor4ss/stevenctsv-8.jpg

should have nitrous numbers later today! Vid is coming, but currently its at 40 meg and we need to size it down a bit

nikon
05-24-06, 05:23 PM
THOSE AMPS ADD 50HP EACH! honestly though that thing looks awesome, hope the engine and diff holds up :stirpot:

OldRoadDawg
05-24-06, 05:27 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

AZPowerAndSound
05-24-06, 05:32 PM
THOSE AMPS ADD 50HP EACH! honestly though that thing looks awesome, hope the engine and diff holds up :stirpot:
Diff is on borrowed time! He just wanted a car to go beat up on SL65s on the freeway with :) We told him no hard shifting and no launching until someone finalizes the 9 inch setup for these

Luna.
05-24-06, 05:33 PM
hope the engine and diff holds up :stirpot:

Aye. I honestly would love to know how long until she goes kaboom.

And he runs into a lot of SL65s? :confused: I find it hard enough to find ANY car worthy of beating on... :rant2:

P-Funk
05-24-06, 05:35 PM
:worship: :bulging: :2thumbs:

AZPowerAndSound
05-24-06, 05:36 PM
Aye. I honestly would love to know how long until she goes kaboom.

And he runs into a lot of SL65s? :confused: I find it hard enough to find ANY car worthy of beating on... :rant2:
600-640 rwhp is a walk in the park for that engine... we have quite a few running around with those numbers on a daily basis :)

the clutch and rear end are a different story! Might have to go to a LS7 clutch soon...

Luna.
05-24-06, 05:44 PM
600-640 rwhp is a walk in the park for that engine... we have quite a few running around with those numbers on a daily basis :)

the clutch and rear end are a different story! Might have to go to a LS7 clutch soon...

I'm ordering you to shut up now, as I'm now considering alternatives to making more HP from my motor!! :lildevil: :D

Does it EVER end with these cars??

AZPowerAndSound
05-24-06, 05:52 PM
I'm ordering you to shut up now, as I'm now considering alternatives to making more HP from my motor!! :lildevil: :D

Wait till we get someone looking to make upper 400s N/A :stirpot:

AFR heads, our baby "torque cam", FAST 90 and all the goodies!

verbs
05-24-06, 06:29 PM
I've been in this car and it is a beast!!! Can't imagine feeling the car on bottle too :D It hauls arse for sure!

ace996
05-24-06, 08:25 PM
600-640 rwhp is a walk in the park for that engine...

A stock bottom-end LS6 with 600rwhp? Stock pistons????

tick...tick...tick...:bighead:

LV_V
05-24-06, 08:49 PM
Is that Optima yellow top strapped into the stock battery holder or is it a custom bracket/strap? Looks perfect. Let me know some details.

mostoyzwinz
05-24-06, 08:58 PM

:yeah:

AZPowerAndSound
05-24-06, 09:07 PM

Long as its tuned right it will last forever :)

AZPowerAndSound
05-24-06, 09:07 PM
Is that Optima yellow top strapped into the stock battery holder or is it a custom bracket/strap? Looks perfect. Let me know some details.
custom strap holding it down :)

Dennisscars
05-24-06, 10:22 PM

Luna, when you get this done.. I want a ride...:highfive:

Vendetta-V-
05-24-06, 10:30 PM
Long as its tuned right it will last forever :)

That's bad marketing. You know as well as I do that nothing lasts forever...even if you had like Corrillo rods and Aries pistons or something, things will break. It all depends on how it's driven...it's just a matter of time.

AZPowerAndSound
05-24-06, 10:56 PM
That's bad marketing. You know as well as I do that nothing lasts forever...even if you had like Corrillo rods and Aries pistons or something, things will break. It all depends on how it's driven...it's just a matter of time.
I obviously cant warranty neglegence... however if you do what we say, run the fuel we say to run, and dont mess with the tune, chances are you wont have any issues! This power level is a walk in the park for us and for that engine... things that will kill it are getting greedy with the nitrous, running 87 octane, loading up the nitrous at too low of an RPM, and of course trying to race with a full car!

dannystang
05-25-06, 08:10 AM
Umm the full car thing went over my head?

Like full of people?

On a side note. AFR heads/ small cam / headers / exhaust are netting close to 500 rwhp(sometimes over) on the z06 ls6 (vette forums)

Why is it the V only gets 430-440ish?

Drivetrain loss isnt that big no?

AZPowerAndSound
05-25-06, 01:45 PM

Like full of people?

On a side note. AFR heads/ small cam / headers / exhaust are netting close to 500 rwhp(sometimes over) on the z06 ls6 (vette forums)

Yes, full of people! Since the car is already close to 4,000 lbs, adding +/- 700 lbs really puts a strain on the bottom end especially when combined with the cylinder head pressures of using nitrous!

As far as numbers on the head/cam combos... most of the reasons come from the vette guys going extreme on camshafts where as the CTS-V guys want the luxury drivability! If you want to go bigger on the cam then 475+ is a walk in the park!

Parker
05-25-06, 10:22 PM
I went bigger on my cam and I don't really see 475rwhp anywhere close, and mine isn't setup for luxury.

JOEYCTS-V
05-25-06, 10:27 PM
Still waiting for the video. :sneaky:

verbs
05-26-06, 01:10 AM

Like full of people?

Dual mass flywheel hurts (30lbs heavier than the ZO6 I believe), as does the higher 3.73 gear ratio in the back. The LS6 ZO6 makes about 355rwhp from 02-03, and 365rwhp in 04 bone stock. The LS6 CTS-V makes about 330-335rwhp bone stock. You're at a disadvantage from the getgo.

verbs
05-26-06, 01:13 AM
I went bigger on my cam and I don't really see 475rwhp anywhere close, and mine isn't setup for luxury.The LS6 heads/cam package I ordered for my Z28 is making 490rwhp/425rwtq for the owner who I sold them to (on his Camaro SS now). It's doable....and the 490rwhp came on 91 octane and 10.9:1 compression, so nothing out of the ordinary, and 0 dyno tricks.

:stirpot:

lawfive
05-26-06, 04:07 PM
:holycrap:

obzidian
05-26-06, 04:35 PM
verbs: trex cam? Magic stick?

I know personally more than a few guys that are running heads and cams and are making over thr 475rwhp mark. It cna be done.... but a clutch, single flywheel are a must and be easy on them shifts.

check out those cams i mentioned. They are off the shelf grinds but will get you going in a hurry.

237/242 will get you going. Or try a smaller, trque type or cam... you will swell the midrange nicely and get going as well.