: F1's Gone; RSA's On!!!!!!!!!

4drvette
05-24-06, 04:41 PM
WHAT A DIFFERENCE! I know they don't handle as well as the F1's but man do they drive better. Having the V lowered with the H&R's and the WW mod really looks awesome but the bumping :bouncy: takes its toll on long drives. The RSA's are so much quieter and smooth. And so far, NO HOP! No wonder Cadillac put them on as stockers for the 2006's...

Robby2006
05-24-06, 07:17 PM
Not to bust your bubble. Any new set of tires will make a difference over the old set. Those F1's make a lot of noise when they go bad (worn, etc.). I had the dealer replace mine when they went bad at 15K.

It was a big difference. It's how much they hold on the that feeling over the long run.

I was offered the RSA's instead of the F1's but didnt want to lose the performance. I fully understand the tire wear with a performance tire since I have motorcycle that uses tire every 5 months with normal driving to work and also raced (which was a set of tires every weekend)

Let us know how they do after 5k or so. I would like to hear about it since I have heard nothing good about them.

4drvette
05-24-06, 09:47 PM
I hear you! Since I got them for free, I am not complaining. Even if I only get 10K to 15K out of them, it will be more then the 10K I got from the F1's. :rant2:

Rich H
05-24-06, 09:48 PM
I have nearly 5K on my RSA EMTs and they are just as smooth, quiet, and compliant as the day they were mounted. Rotated once so far and little, if any, noticeable wear. I would bet several others on this forum have had the same results.

4drvette
05-24-06, 10:24 PM
Rich

Your input and many others caused me to go with the RSA's instead of the GSD3's and buying another wheel as a spare. Since this is my daily driver, I figured a more comfortable drive and getting 20K out of them seemed a better choice. On the other hand, everyone seems to like the GSD3's as well.

Thanks for your input!

scottimartini
05-25-06, 12:02 PM
I switched to RSA's too and I like them a lot better. Much quieter, better ride and with the KARS Stage 3 kit, I hardly even remember that I ever had wheel hop. Sure performance might be off some, but for a street car and not a track car, they are more than ample.

NIK
05-25-06, 01:00 PM
I switched to RSA's too and I like them a lot better. Much quieter, better ride and with the KARS Stage 3 kit, I hardly even remember that I ever had wheel hop. Sure performance might be off some, but for a street car and not a track car, they are more than ample.

I've been telling you guys this for a while now. For me, the way I drive my V (no track or drag strip) the RSA run-flats are exactly what I needed to make this a practically perfect car for all weather, all season driving with run-flat security. I made the switch from F-1's at 9800 miles and I've never been happier.

onebadcad
05-25-06, 01:37 PM
I put RSAs on my rears after the F1s were toast at 5,000 miles. I put 11,000 miles on them, and then swapped rims and tires. With 11,000 miles on the RSAs, I would estimate they are less than half-worn; treadwear my be as high as 25,000 miles. Some haters dislike the RSAs, but it looks like those who have actually owned them have no complaints. Currently running with PS2s, and feel they are better than any Goodyear tire for performance/handling:).

urbanski
05-25-06, 02:38 PM
echo the cold/rain prowess of the RSAs, but contrasting them to PS2s, the RSAs are LOUD LOUD LOUD. nary a whisper from michelins. but i'm totally happy with RSAs as my texas "winter" set and managed .88gs outta em :)

dqw1
05-25-06, 03:07 PM
No complaints with the RS-A's here. Not sure how they got a bad rep in the first place.

P-Funk
05-25-06, 03:19 PM
I haven't had a problem with my RSA's. I can't tell you about wear because they only have 1500 miles on them but I've gotten 0.89 g's out of them.

thebigjimsho
05-25-06, 04:49 PM
No complaints with the RS-A's here. Not sure how they got a bad rep in the first place.Because if you ever had driven on a set of non-RFT RSAs, you would've jumped out and slashed the sidewalls immediately. 35psi or 0, the sidewalls would feel the same.

NIK
05-25-06, 04:59 PM
I haven't had a problem with my RSA's. I can't tell you about wear because they only have 1500 miles on them but I've gotten 0.89 g's out of them.

Believe it or not, I reached a 1.0 on the g meter with my RSA's and have a pic to prove it, but I haven't had success in uploading the picture

dqw1
05-25-06, 06:58 PM
actually, I accidently bought the non-runflat version. They seem ok, much quieter than the F1's. Am I missing something RS-A vs. the runflat version beside they're runflats. I actually was pissed at myself for not knowing there is a non runflat version. Gotta get a spare now.

4drvette
05-25-06, 07:13 PM
BigJim,

Can you elaborate???? I would think the EMT versions of the RS-A's would have a harsher ride?

thebigjimsho
05-25-06, 09:21 PM
Yes, they do. Which is good. What I meant was that the non-RFT RSAs were so squishy, they made any performance car feel soft. No matter how much you pumped them up, they were garbage.

It seems having the RFT sidewall gets rid of that problem.

lawfive
05-27-06, 12:42 AM
I may try RSA's next. I took a vacation day yesterday and while cruising home from breakfast I picked up a bolt in the left rear GS-D3. "Fix-A-Flat" didn't. After calling AAA and hearing "Twenty minutes or so" (sure!), I said to my wife, "Why couldn't I get a flat on a work day?" And she replied, "I should have peed before we left the restaurant." Somehow that became my fault...

Full-size spare coming this weekend.