: Cadillac Addiction

supasweetride
05-24-06, 09:20 AM
I think I have a serious addiction to Cadillacs!!!!! As most of you on here probably also have an addiction. All I ever do is look at Cadillacs on the internet, scope for other Cadillacs on the road, and fantasize about all the things I could do to my 87 Brougham......if I had the funds. My friends and family make fun of me all of the time because I live for cadillacs!!! I even think that if I ever have a girl that I would name her Cadillac and call her Caddy! Whats the big deal, I mean people name their kids Mercedes, and Porsche, so why couldn't I name my kid Cadillac? Its unique and well, and one hell of a car!! Maybe I should seek help!?...... LOL I guess the first step is admitting you have a problem...............

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-24-06, 10:31 AM
Ah yes my man, the disease is spreading....

Cadillac man since I was 14!

caddydaddy
05-24-06, 11:32 AM
Welcome to the club! My name is Sean, and I'm a Cadoholic! :)
But you only have 1 Cadillac??? When I was 17 I had at least 5! Ok, only 2 ran, but still!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-24-06, 11:52 AM
To prove that I am in fact a Cadillac man, I have made a list of the possible Cadillacs I would like to buy next (or in the future)

Choices for next car:
1. 1994-96 Fleetwood Brougham
2. 1990-92 Brougham D'Elegance
3. 1996-97 Seville STS
4. 1996-02 Eldorado/ Eldorado Touring Coupe
5. 1997-99 DeVille Concours
6. 1996-99 DeVille

In the future:
1. 1977-85 Eldorado Biarritz
2. 1974-76 Fleetwood
3. 1971-72 Eldorado
4. 1979 DeVille/Brougham
5. 1980-81 DeVille/Brougham
6. 1989-90 STS

CoupeDevilleRob
05-24-06, 05:36 PM
Caddy would be kind of a cool girl's name. Isn't that what everyone called Lindsay Lohan in Mean Girls? I never really watched that movie, I mean I've seen it but really couldn't pay attention to what they were saying, there were more important things in that movie. And for the record, Mercedes the car is actually named after a girl, Gottlieb Dailmer's wife or daughter I think.

caddydaddy
05-24-06, 05:50 PM
Caddy would be kind of a cool girl's name.

I named my turtle "Eldorado". Does that count? :bouncy:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-24-06, 05:54 PM
I mean I've seen it but really couldn't pay attention to what they were saying, there were more important things in that movie.

Hah hah yeah I know what you're saying ;)

Lohan's beautifiul 36D's!

Benzilla
05-25-06, 06:38 AM
Yes, she is very hott! thing is, I'm young enough to say that and not be a dirty old man(not directed at anyone really)..

Welcome to the Cadoholic club! I've been one since I was, like born I guess, as far back as I can remember I've always loved Cadillacs, I'd be like three years old and pointing out old Broughams in parking lots. All in all I have had 4 Cadillacs, three at one time, and plan on getting many more. when I go to a car show, if theres not any Caddys there I leave (unless I'm showing), I even have this big ass 1979 Deville dealer sign in my bedroom over my bed! I even build models of Cadillacs, when I was to yound to have a car I got a schwinn lowrider bicycle and put an old Cadillac emblem on the front fender lol. Oh, and I have actually rented movies just because I heard there was a Cadillac or two in them, like "The Man" horible movie, nice '83 Coupe Deville :cool2:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-25-06, 10:42 AM
Yes, she is very hott! thing is, I'm young enough to say that and not be a dirty old man(not directed at anyone really)..

Yeah, she's either my age, or a year older. I can't remember exactly.

supasweetride
05-25-06, 11:52 AM
GOOD I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE!!!!! Yea I guess that girl in that movie is called Caddy, I should know I have only seen that damn movie like 1000000 times thanks to my niece. But in reply to only owning one Cadillac I have very limited funds and I do not live at home anymore........ so I only have the one beautiful Brougham for now.

sizanjdf
05-25-06, 02:23 PM
I bought my first caddy in august 3 years ago I think. It was an 88 Fleetwood Delegance. then I bought an 86 fleetwood a month later. Followed by a 77 coupe a few months after that. Found my 74 limo online and bought it for my 20th birthday. And then picked up a 79 sedan. And I have a 70 eldo that has been awaiting a storage space for about 2 years now. The 88 went to junkyard and the 86 got traded off. The 77 burned and the 79 stolen. But I finally got a Pink 1980 about a month ago. and shes pretty rough, but lots of potential. Shes currently awaiting a 500 swap......oh and I had a pup a while back that I named Caddy. black and tan hound and blue heeler mix

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-25-06, 02:44 PM
One of the many nice things about these '70s and '80s Caddies, is that they are so cheap, where an average 18-22 year old can buy multliple ones at a time! Can't do that with a good Camaro/ Firebird or Mustang!

Destroyer
05-25-06, 05:22 PM
I like my Fleetwood as much as the next guy but I'm not addicted to it. I like it cause IMO it is the best GM ever offered. I especially like the 91-92 models cause they have all the old school goodness with some more up to date features. Bought my wife a '98 Deville and its been nothing but headaches since we got it, I have a $900 repair bill from today to prove it. I can do anything myself to the Fleetwood whereas with the Deville (and most new cars), I pop the hood and scratch my head with a big WTF expression on my face.

BTW, I luv Caddys: Might want to rethink the Deville or anything with the Northstar, I know I am. Dont get me wrong they are great cars and quick when they run right but can be a real expensive headache when they break and they seem to do that a lot. By comparison, my FWB and my Mercedes S320 are very reliable and even the Benz is easier to work on by far. Unless the Deville proves itself more reliable over time, it will be the last "newer" Caddy I buy.

CoupeDevilleRob
05-25-06, 06:25 PM
I agree with what you're saying about the newer Caddies. When the Northstar goes bad, it seems like it goes bad. I'm kind of reluctant to buy a Caddy with a Northstar, and this is from a guy who's stuck with a 4100. The next Caddy I buy is gonna have a 425 or bigger, I'm not dealing with new crap (Fleetwoods excluded of course).

Destroyer
05-25-06, 07:12 PM
I agree with what you're saying about the newer Caddies. When the Northstar goes bad, it seems like it goes bad. I'm kind of reluctant to buy a Caddy with a Northstar, and this is from a guy who's stuck with a 4100. The next Caddy I buy is gonna have a 425 or bigger, I'm not dealing with new crap (Fleetwoods excluded of course).
If things were more accessible in the engine compartment of a Northstar equipped vechicle it would be a different story. The way they crammed that big motor in there is horrible. The Northstar cars are certainly nice and relatively inexpensive to buy but you gotta have the $$$$$ to keep up with it. I have to admit that I love how they pull on the highway, very addicting.I may end up selling it and getting a 95 or 96 FWB. I'm giving it one more chance to prove itself.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-26-06, 12:10 AM
Destroyer, I totally agree with what you said about the Northstar. It's really a great example of "Caveat Emptor" (buyer beware). It can be great, but when it goes bad, my wallet will really take a nosedive. I think if I want a 32 Valve V8, I'm gonna wanna go with the Intech or Lexus 4.0 first...

bicentennialcadillac
05-29-06, 01:42 PM
I grew up with my '76 FB, and always admired the modern Cadillacs. After adding the '05 CTS and '00 DTS (both trouble-free, BTW), I've now got a fourth Cadillac on the way, a '79 Sedan DeVille in need of some TLC. I love these cars!

Benzilla
05-29-06, 05:52 PM
Cool, your getting a '79 too! Any pics/more info?

davesdeville
05-30-06, 04:36 AM
Bought my wife a '98 Deville and its been nothing but headaches since we got it, I have a $900 repair bill from today to prove it. I can do anything myself to the Fleetwood whereas with the Deville (and most new cars), I pop the hood and scratch my head with a big WTF expression on my face.

BTW, I luv Caddys: Might want to rethink the Deville or anything with the Northstar, I know I am. Dont get me wrong they are great cars and quick when they run right but can be a real expensive headache when they break and they seem to do that a lot. By comparison, my FWB and my Mercedes S320 are very reliable and even the Benz is easier to work on by far. Unless the Deville proves itself more reliable over time, it will be the last "newer" Caddy I buy.

If you have the skill, tools, and time to work on it yourself it's not a problem. Whatever cost you $900 could've probably cost $100 if you'd done it instead of paid $100/hr to a mechanic.

Rethink anything but an econobox if you can't/won't work on it yourself (or if you're loaded and don't care about money.)

Destroyer
05-30-06, 08:22 AM
If you have the skill, tools, and time to work on it yourself it's not a problem. Whatever cost you $900 could've probably cost $100 if you'd done it instead of paid $100/hr to a mechanic.

Rethink anything but an econobox if you can't/won't work on it yourself (or if you're loaded and don't care about money.)
You are correct. Thing is I dont have the patience to work on this car. I paid that money for a damn waterpump!. Anyway, an econobox is out of the question as I like full size luxury cars and want the kids to be in safe cars. I'll keep the cars running even if I have to bite the bullet and pay out the a$$ for repairs from time to time. The way I see it, I'd rather spend a couple of thousand a year in repairs than buy a new full size luxury car for $50k+. Still, there are cars that are more reliable than these Devilles but I did get a good deal on this one initially. Wife likes it so it stays for now. :thumbsup:

Rick186
05-30-06, 09:24 PM
Oh well . . .

The car of my dreams was/is a totally impractical:

Cream colored 1941 Cadillac Convertible with manual transmission and whitewall tires.

I think it was like the one in the movie "The Glenn Miller Story."

I think I may have seen one on eBay, also. For many $$$$$$$$

.........sigh.....