: Pics of V, GMC Syclone, SO-CAL GET-TOGETHER and Hooters...

pimpcaddy
05-23-06, 10:33 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/redsyclone2000/V-at-Modesto.gif
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/redsyclone2000/Washington-Marlboro.gif

Hooters of West Covina

3041 East Garvey Avenue
West Covina, CA 91791

All,

I thought that I never would, but I drove the V to one of my jobsites today in Modesto, CA. It's filthy. This coming Sunday May 28th, I will be meeting up with some of my Syclone/Typhoon buddies at Hooters of West Covina at 2pm. A 1 of 10 Marlboro Syclone might be attending. And a 1 of 2 Syclone Challenge truck will definitely be attending. Any of you So Cal guys want to join us?

Best regards,

Dave

GAGS-V
05-23-06, 11:45 PM
I might show up! Thanks for the invite.

Dennisscars
05-23-06, 11:55 PM
Maybe a good day to take the Typhoon for a spin, so long as I don't have to go down the 405. oh and the Hooters... I hear they have good... wings

V or Typhoon... damn... which to take... belt or exhaust powered forced induction... :hmm: 'wonder what the naturally aspirated people are doing this winter..

VELOSE
05-24-06, 03:29 AM
Damn Dave....didn't know you had such a rare machine stashed away.:thumbsup:

lawfive
05-24-06, 03:21 PM
Damn. Got a 2:00 meeting.

pimpcaddy
05-24-06, 04:01 PM
Damn. Got a 2:00 meeting.

On a Sunday afternoon????

Dave

pimpcaddy
05-25-06, 01:34 AM
Maybe a good day to take the Typhoon for a spin, so long as I don't have to go down the 405. oh and the Hooters... I hear they have good... wings

V or Typhoon... damn... which to take... belt or exhaust powered forced induction... :hmm: 'wonder what the naturally aspirated people are doing this winter..

BRING THE Typhoon and show the V guys what it is like to launch without wheel hop.

Dave

Barak
05-25-06, 11:58 AM
I'd like to go.

trekster
05-25-06, 12:27 PM
I might be interested but I have to fix stuff on the caddy first.
Clunk when I hit the gas, the car is burning oil way too much etc.

Dennisscars
05-25-06, 09:34 PM
BRING THE Typhoon and show the V guys what it is like to launch without wheel hop.

Dave

uh yeah... brake torque launch with 15+ lbs of boost.. would not be pretty in a V.. :eek:

heavymetals
05-26-06, 12:35 AM
Mines back together and I just got it aligned.

pimpcaddy
05-26-06, 10:26 AM
Hope to see you guys there at Hooters and to see a lot of Hooters. Looking forward to driving down to So Cal tomorrow.

Dave

lawfive
05-26-06, 04:00 PM
On a Sunday afternoon????

Dave

Yeah, BBQ at a friend's house. Course, it's in Rowland Heights (pretty close), but I'm not sure about the protocol: **Door opens** "Hi Jerry!" "Hi Greg! Here, I'm leaving my family and side dishes here with you while I run off to ogle some fast little used trucks that can't tow."

Sorry I'll miss it...

pimpcaddy
05-26-06, 04:24 PM
[quote=lawfive]Yeah, BBQ at a friend's house. Course, it's in Rowland Heights (pretty close), but I'm not sure about the protocol: **Door opens** "Hi Jerry!" "Hi Greg! Here, I'm leaving my family and side dishes here with you while I run off to ogle some fast little used trucks that can't tow."

Quite the wiseguy. Who needs to tow when you can do 0-60 in 4.6 seconds in the rain???? And without wheelhop? I have to defend my Sy/Ty Brothers since I have had (3) of them trucks that don't tow. They just haul assssss.

Dave

P.S. What about being fashionably late? Don't So Cal people do that a lot?

pimpcaddy
05-26-06, 04:24 PM
[quote=pimpcaddy][quote=lawfive]Yeah, BBQ at a friend's house. Course, it's in Rowland Heights (pretty close), but I'm not sure about the protocol: **Door opens** "Hi Jerry!" "Hi Greg! Here, I'm leaving my family and side dishes here with you while I run off to ogle some fast little used trucks that can't tow."

Quite the wiseguy. Who needs to tow when you can do 0-60 in 4.6 seconds in the rain???? And without wheelhop. I have to defend my Sy/Ty Brothers since I have had (3) of them trucks that don't tow. They just haul assssss.

Dave

kali_cts03
05-26-06, 08:32 PM
I know you guys didn't post this on the CTS board.... :want: but I might show up anyways.... and most likely be the only non V there again.... :)
We'll see how the day plans out.... hope I can make it.:thumbsup:

LeftyCTS
05-26-06, 08:44 PM
I know you guys didn't post this on the CTS board.... :want: but I might show up anyways.... and most likely be the only non V there again.... :)

I've got your back, Kali. :gungrin: I live in Hacienda Heights. I'll stop by.

I owned a 1984 Buick Regal T Type, 3.8L Turbo V6 SFI. Sould have never got rid of it.

Dennisscars
05-26-06, 09:08 PM

kali,
If I don't show in Typhoon, be sure to get a ride in both the pickup and the mini SUV. These things are a hoot to ride in especially if launched correctly. Totally different animal than the Cad. :highfive:

StealthV
05-26-06, 09:15 PM
Dennis, bring the D-max, a tow rope and challenge those little trucks to a bumper to bumper pull off. :)

Dennisscars
05-26-06, 09:41 PM
Dennis, bring the D-max, a tow rope and challenge those little trucks to a bumper to bumper pull off. :)

don't need a rope, this thing will light the tires up at 45mph. It'll outrun most cars.. I'm loving it...

<jack> 'bout ready to talk to the bosch? I'm thinking I'm needin' to light the tires up at 65mph and then 110, like my V.<resume normal programing>

StealthV
05-26-06, 09:46 PM
<jack>ja, ja, bosch. I'm on it tonight.</jack>

Dennisscars
05-26-06, 09:54 PM

Negatory... we don't bother to show up .... we send our people to meet with your people...

jeez... fleet V's did I miss that memo or what?

pimpcaddy
05-26-06, 10:11 PM

Hope you can make it. Hopefully this will be the launch of the GM low production specialty vehicle West coast association. GMLPSPWCA. There, how's that for an organization. I think I'll make some stickers. Ha, ha.

Dave

kali_cts03
05-26-06, 10:24 PM
Hope you can make it. Hopefully this will be the launch of the GM low production specialty vehicle West coast association. GMLPSPWCA. There, how's that for an organization. I think I'll make some stickers. Ha, ha.Dave

Not sure what you ridin from your discription (cts or v?) EDIT: I got it now..... :banghead:
Well then this would be another one then, since I'm already a member of the C.M.A.A. :histeric: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-forum/74804-please-join-c-m.html

kali,
If I don't show in Typhoon, be sure to get a ride in both the pickup and the mini SUV. These things are a hoot to ride in especially if launched correctly. Totally different animal than the Cad. :highfive:

Yeah, would be nice to see what some of these crazy ass machines can do.... :burn:

Dennis, have you thought more about the race day thing? I would like to do that but don't think I could swing it till end of summer....:confused:

I've got your back, Kali. :gungrin: I live in Hacienda Heights. I'll stop by.

I owned a 1984 Buick Regal T Type, 3.8L Turbo V6 SFI. Sould have never got rid of it.

:highfive: Cool..... I will definatly try to make it!

lawfive
05-26-06, 10:31 PM
Quite the wiseguy. Who needs to tow when you can do 0-60 in 4.6 seconds in the rain???? And without wheelhop? I have to defend my Sy/Ty Brothers since I have had (3) of them trucks that don't tow. They just haul assssss.

Dave

No offense meant. One man's truck is another man's... wait, it's not really a truck if it won't tow anything, right?

Actually, I'm not concerned about the BBQ host, who works for me. I'm more concerned about my wife, who absolutely doesn't.

Dennisscars
05-26-06, 10:36 PM
Dennis, have you thought more about the race day thing? I would like to do that but don't think I could swing it till end of summer....:confused:

<jack> Wanted to go to Reno this weekend but fell through, Looking good for me for BW June 10/11 then dry July/Aug (Willow springs July 4th weekend but too damn hot) then every weekend in Sept. including Laguna Seca, Thunderhill, and Sears Pt, BW last week of Sept. WHOOOOYEAH... <resume normal bitchin' about how krappy this car is>

Dennisscars
05-26-06, 10:50 PM
No offense meant. One man's truck is another man's... wait, it's not really a truck if it won't tow anything, right?

Law, get off his leg man..:thepan: The Typhoon/Syclone were faster than the Corvette the years it was produced. I was called out light to light by a frat boy in a M3 in my Ty, who had no idea what he was running against, and I spanked him by 5 car lengths. I patted the door and told him "he was owned my a domestic SUV, biatch..." would I drive commuter car?

check out this 11.05 sec syclone... http://www.sportmachines.com/videos/Green8.mpeg

All wheel burnout... http://www.sportmachines.com/videos/donut%5B1%5D.mpeg no comment about the dumbass at the end..:nono:

Besides everyone knows to be a tow vehicle it has to blow black smoke..and if it ain't, it ain't turned up enough...

my tow vehicle is stock 360hp 650lb torque oil burner...and SteathV hasn't had a chance with it yet..

jeez... a fleet V... that was a piss poor day to call in sick..

lawfive
05-26-06, 11:05 PM
Yep, I know it's fast. Worked with a Syclone guy from '93 to '96 who ran high 12's/low 13's all day long. And I hear that's not even real fast for these things. Got to ride in it a lot; drove it once. Also got to tow it once using... my daddy's old '72 Dodge pickup. Now, that's a TRUCK. You could almost fit a Syclone S-10 on the bed...

Dennisscars
05-26-06, 11:09 PM
Dodge power wagon... now we're talking log jumping let's get drunk and terrorize the neighborhood truck right there....:thumbsup:

jeez... V fleet car... I need to dust off my resume...

kali_cts03
05-27-06, 10:13 PM
:mad: Well, my day didn't turn out like I wanted.... so I didn't get to go.... :mad:

Hope you guys had fun with the cars and chicken wings were good!!! :alchi: I like chicken wings....... :bouncy: and the chicken wings servers..... :yup:

Until next time then!!! :thumbsup:

heavymetals
05-27-06, 11:17 PM
:mad: Well, my day didn't turn out like I wanted.... so I didn't get to go.... :mad:

Hope you guys had fun with the cars and chicken wings were good!!! :alchi: I like chicken wings....... :bouncy: and the chicken wings servers..... :yup:

Until next time then!!! :thumbsup:

Did I miss something?

I thought the meeting is on the 28th :thepan:

kali_cts03
05-28-06, 12:39 AM
Did I miss something?

I thought the meeting is on the 28th :thepan:

Holly Crap Heavy!!! Thanks man!!! :highfive:

I guess I got to lay off the drugs or something, but I for sure thought it was on Saturday..... wow, would have been something if I drove all the way over there today for nothing!!! :eek:

I so stupid!!! :banghead:

So I guess since it is on Sunday I can still make it.... :) :cheers: :banana: :2thumbs:

pimpcaddy
05-28-06, 03:18 PM
I'm here and heading over to Hooters in a couple of hours. Did 80 mph most of the way. Averaged about 22.2 mpg. Spotted 6 CHipys.

Hope to see all of you guys there.

Dave

VELOSE
05-28-06, 03:31 PM
Damn Dave, for a minute there I thought you guys were meeting at the Hooters in Dublin. I was like, "oh shit! I'm there!":D

Socal is a bit far for a day run.:D

heavymetals
05-28-06, 09:19 PM
That was fun!

Was nice to meet some new faces, check out some other rides and some cute girls.

Small world, two of the guys that showed up I know through my son.

kali_cts03
05-28-06, 09:53 PM
Yeah, Heavy.... it was a lot of fun and I got to go even though I'm a dumb ass and mixed up the dates.... :crybaby: ....

Oh, and yeah - we wont tell anyone what you did...... :burn: that was nuts!!! :alchi:

kali_cts03
05-28-06, 09:57 PM
All,

I thought that I never would, but I drove the V to one of my jobsites today in Modesto, CA. It's filthy. This coming Sunday May 28th, I will be meeting up with some of my Syclone/Typhoon buddies at Hooters of West Covina at 2pm. A 1 of 10 Marlboro Syclone might be attending. And a 1 of 2 Syclone Challenge truck will definitely be attending. Any of you So Cal guys want to join us?

Best regards,

Dave

Thanks for getting this together Dave, was cool checking out the V's and some other nice rides!!! :thumbsup: Untill the next one.... :alchi:

Barak
05-28-06, 10:48 PM
Yeah, Heavy.... it was a lot of fun and I got to go even though I'm a dumb ass and mixed up the dates.... :crybaby: ....

Oh, and yeah - we wont tell anyone what you did...... :burn: that was nuts!!! :alchi:

That must have been after I left! Now I'm sorry I didn't stay longer.

We should do more mixed meets like that.

Thanks for the test drive Heavy, your car is as mean as it sounds!:worship:

ctsvett
05-29-06, 02:39 AM
Sorry I missed it. Sounds like you guys had fun. Does everyone like the mixer style event?

maybe we could have a GM high perforanace meet sometime (Z06, Cyclone, typhoon, V, SS, etc).. that could be very cool... We can spread it around on a bunch of different forums (corvette, ss, etc)... well?

I know Dubbed Stealth is trying to arrange a CTS/ CTS-V meet sometime in the next few weeks.... Let me know what you guys think.

Reed

ctsvett
05-29-06, 02:44 AM
forgot to post, how does June 17th or July 15/16th sound to everyone?

Even if its only a cts/cts-v meet, let me know how those dates work for everyone.

Reed

heavymetals
05-29-06, 03:16 AM
Sounds like a plan.:thumbsup:

kali_cts03
05-29-06, 03:19 AM
forgot to post, how does June 17th or July 15/16th sound to everyone?

Even if its only a cts/cts-v meet, let me know how those dates work for everyone.

Reed

Sounds good 2me as well!!! :thumbsup:

maybe we could have a GM high perforanace meet sometime (Z06, Cyclone, typhoon, V, SS, etc).. that could be very cool... We can spread it around on a bunch of different forums (corvette, ss, etc)... well?Reed

Wouldn't you need an air stip or something like that with all those power muscle cars.....:hmm: after yesterday I would think so.... :)

heavymetals
05-29-06, 03:27 AM
I got a ride in one of the trucks.:thumbsup:

Gobs of boost.:worship:

I almost got whiplash from the launch.:eek:

VelieVer ttt
05-29-06, 11:29 AM
I only got to visit for a short time and missed out on all the good stuff. Hope to be at the next meet longer.

LeftyCTS
05-29-06, 02:49 PM
I got there late and made the mistake of going inside first. I was distracted by my server Jade. After a few :alchi: I went outside and everyone was gone. I'll get there early at the next meet to actually meet you guys.

http://usera.imagecave.com/LeftyCTS/CID__Image019.jpg

http://usera.imagecave.com/LeftyCTS/CID__Image010.jpg

heavymetals
05-29-06, 03:01 PM
Looks like you have your priorities in order.

Nothing wrong with going to a car thing and checking out the headlights.:alchi:

heavymetals
05-29-06, 08:35 PM
A couple of pics of the first ones there and a kid reluctantly (Let go mom!) posing with a V shirt on.

pimpcaddy
05-30-06, 10:37 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/redsyclone2000/Mix-10.gif
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/redsyclone2000/Mix-9.gif
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/redsyclone2000/Mix-8.gif
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/redsyclone2000/Mix-7.gif
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/redsyclone2000/Mix-6.gif
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/redsyclone2000/Mix-5.gif
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/redsyclone2000/Mix-4.gif
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/redsyclone2000/Mix3.gif
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/redsyclone2000/Mix2.gif
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/redsyclone2000/Mix1.gif

kali_cts03 Thanks for getting this together Dave, was cool checking out the V's and some other nice rides!!! Untill the next one....

Guys,

Well the 1st annual GM low production specialty vehicle West coast association - GMLPSPWCA has come to an end. I believe there were 15 vehicles in attendance. (1) CTS, (1) Prototype Syclone, (1) Marlboro Syclone, (1) Supercharged V and a mix of others including my Platinum V.

A couple of notes. Darius, glad you made it on the "right" day. Lindsay, you're nuts and thanks for the ride. I have a totally new perspective on L.A. traffic. Reed, it's Syclone with an "S".

Hopefully the (2) groups will meet up again. It was fun putting it together and meeting everyone.

Best regards,

Dave

heavymetals
05-30-06, 10:44 PM
It's "Lindy" and nice meeting you all. :highfive:

Your welcome on the ride. :thumbsup:

Like I said, it's like owning your own ride at Six Flag's.

kali_cts03
05-30-06, 10:47 PM
Like I said, it's like owning your own ride at Six Flag's.

:eek: :thumbsup: :eek: :alchi: :eek: