: Cts-v Best

livingthedream
05-23-06, 08:35 PM
After watching the forums for some while now I have to say that I appreciate those who have spoken about their problems with the V and their changes/mods as I have learned tons here..... its too bad some of you go sour on it all but that is life.

For me, the V is the best car I have had, and if it falls apart around me in the
next week, I would buy another one. Nothing, nothing drives like this car.

Dollars for horsepower there is no better deal in this class. I think that in the heat of the problems we forget what a truly fabulous production automobile this is, and we are fortunate to own them. :worship:

Its a true new-millenium, hot rod and I for one am proud to own it. Its a Cadillac! Its American! Its Me! A four door vette, whats better than that?

Nuttin' Honey!

Apologies for all of you with problems, for the whiners: get a life.
For me, its the V :thumbsup:

LivingtheDream
Turn the Key and Smile

GT04CTS-V
05-23-06, 08:41 PM
Amen, brother :)

GT

Vince_juice
05-23-06, 08:53 PM
could'nt of said it better

Gordy Petrovski
05-23-06, 09:03 PM
I agree 100% that's why I say Mod the F**K out of it & have some fun. The dealer is going to fight U all the way on service anyway U might as well just put the Maggie on with smaller pully+NOS (200shot) & drive it like U stole it. Life is to short to swet the small stuff.

Seattle CTS-V
05-23-06, 09:25 PM
I love my car and try to enjoy it every day! It has it's problems as do ALL other cars with any respectable power level. I've been in the shop for quite a few things in my 9 months of ownership but would buy this car again in a heartbest. Wouldn't you be pissed to have owned an '01 or '02 M3 and have your engine blow up on you like so many did?

rand49er
05-23-06, 09:35 PM
My wife had to drive my V to work today. A colleague (sp?) saw her pull into a parking spot and went over to her saying that he had just driven a new one the night before and wanted to know all about it. She said, "call my husband," which he did. I turned him on to this forum. Hell, he might be on here right now ... lurking. Excuse me while I say, "Hey."

Hey, Al ... it's true! This is a truly great car!!!

And, amen to those postings above.

Thanks, livingthedream, for this opportunity to express it, too!! :thumbsup:

CADI-V
05-23-06, 11:02 PM
:yeah: We are all very lucky to have such sweet rides !!!!!!!!

50 4Ever
05-24-06, 12:16 AM
:yeah: Very well said.

anim8orCTSV
05-24-06, 12:56 AM
I would just like to add in my AMEN!

-Anim8orCTSV

BryanS
05-24-06, 07:43 AM
I agree !!! This is truly one fantastic automobile. I am putting all of the "Go-Fast" stuff on it and will fix whatever breaks, I love this machine.

P-Funk
05-24-06, 08:01 AM
Amen to that. :highfive:

MStoehrer
05-24-06, 08:27 AM
I think the V is the best all around car out there today. I know it has its problems and quirks, but I guess I just don't notice it due to the fact I'm having so much fun. I used to drive a VW and my friend had an Audi. Those cars have check engine lights that come on more frequently then the blinkers do. I guess those cars desensitized me to car problems seeing as how my V has been more reliable then either the VW or Audi.

kgoch
05-24-06, 09:07 AM
AMEN. I look forward to driving to and from work each day. Before my daily driver was a 996, and the CTS-V is more fun to drive than the porsche.

onebadcad
05-24-06, 11:22 AM
:yeah: :) :yup: :cool2: :cool: :thumbsup: :banana: :golden:
The V Rocks!!!!! Has some issues, but not enough to offset the joy of owning one, and driving it daily in a way it was meant to be. I have almost as much in mods as the purchase price (I paid $54K in August 2004 when all dealers were still getting sticker price). 24,000 miles, 22 months, no regrets, no bitching, no plans to get rid of it EVER!!! The V has it tough moments (not bad days), some issues never go away, same for some noises, but it is still the reason I show up at work each day with a grin on my face after finishing my "time trial" on the local freeway. My V is in the office parking garage, with three coats of Zaino, a tankful of 93 octane, 625 ponies under the hood, and a date at 5:00 P.M. today to go find some Uber or Ricer (Vettes are welcome too) that thinks he owns a fast car.
LONG LIVE THE V!!!:burn:

livingthedream
05-24-06, 07:51 PM
Thanks all, I knew that we had a positive outlook somewhere in here. Its good to see all of you chime in with whats GOOD, GREAT about this car and not dwell on its issues (which it does have) but I have yet to meet a perfect machine.

Especially one that I stub my foot against the wheel, slam the door on my hand and then laugh out loud as I take it out on the gas pedal and it still GOES LIKE CRAZY!

We should not be allowed to have this much fun, but what the heck, we only live once, go ahead, stomp on it and have the ride of your life every single day.

Just did not want new people or others to think the place was more down on the car than up on it.

Thanks again, I knew we all loved it...just dont say it enough (ever heard that before :thepan: ?

livingthedream
turn the key and smile

mostoyzwinz
05-24-06, 08:15 PM
We're toughest on ourselves (or vehicle) and it's human nature to dwell on the negative. Check out Reed's survey, that says it ALL. The frequency of the worst nightmares discussed here were to me, a surprising low percentage....ableit unacceptable in the automtoive world of <100 ppm.
The shitty grin I get driving this beast around is WELL worth any aggravation I've encountered.

TampaV
05-24-06, 08:39 PM
I know this is old hat for many who have had the UUC shifter and Lasstss bushings for a while, but I just had mine installed today. All I can say is Wow!!! I am so glad I did this mod. It transformed the whole experience of driving the V for me. I can now change gears with absolute confidence that when I want 3rd I'll get 3rd every time and not 5th every once in a while. The shifting is so direct and positive it just gives the car a more high quality feel.

If you have been waiting to make this mod, wait no longer. I know it's been said here many times, but I'll say it again "best mod I have done so far". A close second was the Zoomers exhaust.

I love this car. :highfive:

sotxmike
05-24-06, 09:36 PM
Not only is this car a blast to drive but it is American and high performance luxury! The looks, the comments, the stares! It is sure to be a classic considering the low build numbers, especially considering the large quantities of Corvettes built every year. Well cared for Vs should do alright value-wise. Most important: HAVE FUN :thumbsup:

ctsvett
05-24-06, 10:20 PM
The best part of my day EVERYDAY is the freeway onramp...

Reed

BADAZGN
05-25-06, 06:45 AM
I love my V also. I waited almost a year to be able to get one. It was well worth the wait. After 4.5 months and 12k miles I am still enjoying it! Everytime I walk up to this car I think to my self,"Dam this car is Fng HOT!"

I get looks and compliments on it all the time. Just yesterday morning while pumping gas a guy came up to me and complimented on the car. Said he heard it taking off the day before and was shocked to see it was a Caddy!!!!

It is everything I wanted in a daily driver. I look forward to getting another one in a year and a half or so!!!!

Matthew

mike041357
05-25-06, 07:22 AM
I used to be like "why drive to the office when I can work from home"......

Now it's "why work from home when I can DRIVE to the office!" :thumbsup:

You know what I mean!