: How much for 79 deville

ferrisworld
05-23-06, 07:00 PM
How much do you guys think I can get for a 79 deville thats in pretty good condition except for the following: It has a few electrical problems I can't figure out, like why the headlights won't come on, and why there's no power to the AC blower relay. It was once in a minor accident so that the right front fender was replaced and you can tell. The dashboard is brittle and tends to break, and a couple of other plastic parts of the interior are broken too. I love the car, but I want to focus on other things in my life instead of fixing it all the time and trying to figure out whats wrong with it.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-23-06, 07:08 PM
How many miles, what color combo? Judging by what you said, I'd say around $1000-$1,500. People get really turned off by electrical problems, which is why the price is so low. Plus, its not street legal at night.

Benzilla
05-23-06, 10:05 PM
I guess he didn't like that lol.

bicentennialcadillac
05-23-06, 10:08 PM
The lad's giving up too easily.

Night Wolf
05-23-06, 11:21 PM
How much do you guys think I can get for a 79 deville thats in pretty good condition except for the following: It has a few electrical problems I can't figure out, like why the headlights won't come on, and why there's no power to the AC blower relay. It was once in a minor accident so that the right front fender was replaced and you can tell. The dashboard is brittle and tends to break, and a couple of other plastic parts of the interior are broken too. I love the car, but I want to focus on other things in my life instead of fixing it all the time and trying to figure out whats wrong with it.

The headlights don't work but the running lights do?

The floor mounted dimmer switch is melted... well, the wires going to it, fix the wires/replace the dimmer switch, they will work again.

No power TO the AC blower *relay*? The climate control unit may be faulty... actually, just dirty... with age the contact points may not make good contact etc... Its really hard to get an electrcial problem with these cars, its either the sender or the receiver or the wiring... no computer controlled stuff etc...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-24-06, 01:07 AM
I guess he didn't like that lol.

Huh?

Night Wolf
05-24-06, 01:19 AM
Huh?

The response ya'll gave him because he didn't reply back.

Benzilla
05-24-06, 01:50 AM
:yeah:

ferrisworld
05-24-06, 01:56 AM
I actually have a new floor mounted dimmer switch at my parents house! Maybe I'll throw it in there and see if it works! What I really need is a job so I can pay someone else to work on it, haha.

Night Wolf
05-24-06, 01:59 AM
easy to fix.

In my case, the switch was ok, but the wires were melted/burnt up.... too small of gauge for the task... sucks because if that switch, or the wires fail at night, there are no headlights at all...

thats why I would reccomend learning which 2 wires to jump to get headlights... 2 will be low beam, the other will be high...

ferrisworld
05-25-06, 03:37 AM
Yeah, no it's definitely that. The whole connector that the switch plugs into it totally melted. The wires themselves are fine though. I think moisture got down in the insulation down there, cuz it felt kind of damp. Prolly what did it. I'm seriously thinking of getting rid of the car though and getting like a used Seville STS instead. Then I'll have even more stuff that can break! Yay!

Benzilla
05-25-06, 08:01 AM
I'm seriously thinking of getting rid of the car though and getting like a used Seville STS instead.

Oh my Godd!!:eek:

ferrisworld
05-26-06, 12:20 AM
Haha, what? I just drove a 1995 STS today though, and driving it was like a blind person trying to read braille with a band aid on their finger. Then I got back in my Deville and was like damn this is good, so I don't think I'll sell it. Plus now it's fixed.

77CDV
05-26-06, 12:27 AM
Funny how that happens. Something breaks=G.D. piece of sh*t! Broken thing gixed=Gosh, what a great car! ;)