: Hail Damage....suggestions

Kyle15
05-23-06, 06:51 PM
Well I was out on the lake on the boat and my car was parked at a friends and it began to hail out of nowhere and I thought everything was gonna be ok, but after looking at the car after cleaning it really well I noticed a lot of dents......turns out to be about $3500 worth...vs my $500 deductible. My question is has anyone had Paintless dent removal by a team of hail experts? I went to the best body shop in town and they said they flew in a team from somewhere after the storm hit last week. Probably BS. I just wanna know if this is worth it, will the car be like new, or should I push for it to be totaled. The roof is in the worst shape.

51PHFTY
05-23-06, 07:05 PM
Well I was out on the lake on the boat and my car was parked at a friends and it began to hail out of nowhere and I thought everything was gonna be ok, but after looking at the car after cleaning it really well I noticed a lot of dents......turns out to be about $3500 worth...vs my $500 deductible. My question is has anyone had Paintless dent removal by a team of hail experts? I went to the best body shop in town and they said they flew in a team from somewhere after the storm hit last week. Probably BS. I just wanna know if this is worth it, will the car be like new, or should I push for it to be totaled. The roof is in the worst shape.

We don't get much hail damage here in So. Cal., but, I have had paintless dent removal guys do work on various cars over the years(and the dealer had it done on my V when I noticed a small crease the day after I picked it up) and the good ones can work magic. I can not tell the repair was done to the V from an inch away.

I don't see why hail damage would be any different. I do know that sometimes they have to drill small holes from the side or behind to get to the backside of the damage which means your headliner might have to come off. It usually costs me about $85.00 per dent/door for door-to-door service. I don't think $3,500 in damage would be a total on a V would it?

Sorry to hear about the damage and good luck with the fix.

Marty

V-SATX
05-23-06, 07:28 PM
I also just had this done to my V. I was very impressed. The dent I had was obout the size of a Q-tip head on the rear passanger side door. I look at it with a magnafier and could not tell.

ChicagoCTS32
05-23-06, 08:59 PM
I'll take your problem off your hands for $3500. PM me... ;) :D

heavymetals
05-23-06, 09:43 PM
I have used the "Dent Wizard" and that system works.

Those guys are pretty good at their job.:thumbsup:

At least in Southern Calif.

DILLIGAF
05-23-06, 11:28 PM
My .02,They can be taken out with the above processes.I would wait a month or so before you take it in.I've seen minor damage dissapear after a couple of 100+ days.Yes the sun will take some of the minor ones out.The problem is sometimes the clear coat gets cracked and the fixed area goes south with time.Give it a month and see what happens.

Ross DeVore
05-23-06, 11:39 PM
I had hail damage to my 04 just last month. Haven't got it fixed yet but it will be the paint-less dent repair. I got three different quotes that were substantially different in what it would take to fix the car. My dealer seems the most knowledgeble about the proper way to fix it so I'll go through them. My damage is not severe but I'm not waiting see if the sun will fix it with time. I've had paintless repairs done to my vehicles and been very happy with the results. Only thing I can say is be comfortable with the people who will do the work for you. good luck and I truly feel your pain.

DILLIGAF
05-23-06, 11:52 PM
We have so many f'n hail storms around here.If it's cloudy and looks like rain,take the truck every time.I have never had a vehicle that didn't get hailed on.It's hard to buy a new car off a lot around here that doesn't have some hail damage this time of year.I hate that sh*&,its like car herpes,even if its hard to see the damage you know its there and you just want to get rid of the infected effer.

P-Funk
05-24-06, 09:26 AM
its like car herpes

:rofl:
Too funny.

SoFlaV
05-24-06, 10:02 PM
I had a '04 V from Atlanta come through my shop. We always do a damage walk-around, so it was noted on the repair. There's a PDR guy that comes by to work cars for us on an as-needed basis and told us this one had already been worked. There is definitely the potential for it to come out great--I've been diligent about having door dings worked out of mine as they come along, but hail is another issue. Expect the worst, hope for the best. It's a distinct possibility you may have to have the roof painted after the fact depending on how much of a stickler you are to keep her perfect. Good luck...