: I just picked the car up from the engine swap and.....

Kadonny
05-23-06, 04:02 PM
Now I have a trans/shifting problem, oh just freaking great.

The car looked great upon me picking it up, I checked over everything and it all looked good. The service advisor was great and even told me they test drove it for 20 miles or so.

So I pull out of the parking lot and all is good. Go through the first 3 stop lights and all is good. I enter the highway and all seems good. Get to 5th gear, drive a few miles and get ready to exit. Try to downshift into 4th and the shifter really hangs up going into 4th, very notchy. I go into third, same thing. Get to the stop sign and it is very rough getting it into first gear. Get going again and 2nd through 4th shifts are perfect. Slow down to turn into my road, had a little problem getting into second. Pull into my parking lot and stop. I tried to put it in reverse (I always park with the car in reverse) and it just wont go. It wont go into first or third either, but it slips into 2nd and 4th but with some reistance. Finally after fumbling, it goes into reverse.

So........back on the horn to the dealer. Sounds like I have to run it back down there tomorrow and have the tech who did the install take a ride with me. The shifting prior to this had always been smooth as silk, even with the stock shifter.

Maybe it will get better on the way home tonight, maybe not. All I know is I am getting very dejected.

Thanks for listening again.

CRZY747
05-23-06, 04:09 PM
I had a similar problem at first getting the car, seemed it was easy to get into gear with a slight rev of the motor, not that you want to hear this. But after doing this a couple times it magically dissapeared. I have never had the problem since.

J

BADAZGN
05-23-06, 06:41 PM
I am glad you got your car back hopefully the shifting thing will staighten itself out.

Matthew

StealthV
05-23-06, 07:00 PM
Sounds like your clutch isn't fully releasing. Where is the fliuid level in your clutch reservoir? There could be an air bubble in the line after the engine swap. Try pumping the clutch pedal and see if your shifting improves.

rand49er
05-23-06, 09:47 PM
Sounds like your clutch isn't fully releasing. Where is the fliuid level in your clutch reservoir? There could be an air bubble in the line after the engine swap. Try pumping the clutch pedal and see if your shifting improves...............:yeah:

Yeah, it's something stupid/simple. I'll bet Rick's right. :annoyed:

Kadonny
05-25-06, 01:17 PM
Just and update. Its a clutch sleeve? Anyway, after waiting another 3 days they are trying to locate the part.

Not just something stupid or simple. I have just about had it with this car.

V-Smooth
05-25-06, 01:50 PM
Been to the dealership seven times within two, not quite three months...I feel ya

The Tony Show
05-25-06, 02:02 PM
I feel your pain, but don't blame the car. Chances are that something got messed up when they disassembled it and it would not have failed otherwise. It happens, and you'll forget all about it once it's all done and you're driving your V again!