: Just joined

green73ta
01-27-04, 01:23 PM
Hello all!

I just joined and am thinking about buying a nice STS or the like, something around a '97 or '98. I'm still learning about these cars but I absolutely love the look. I'm not too crazy about the newer ones.

Thanks,

Don
New Orleans, LA

JJhomer83
01-27-04, 01:40 PM
Welcome to the forums,
the sts is a great car i am currently looking for the right deal on a 96-97 my self the "newer" ones don't look as sleek imo

green73ta
01-27-04, 01:52 PM
Welcome to the forums,
the sts is a great car i am currently looking for the right deal on a 96-97 my self the "newer" ones don't look as sleek imoI'm like you... the new ones just don't do it for me. I'm also liking the Eldorado ETC a bunch. Ii'm trying to decide whether I need 4 doors or 2. I have a 4 year old so he'll be going to the back seat. I really like the ETC better. As we also have a minivan the 4 doors aren't really that important. I'm looking to get out of my full-size hi-top GMC conversion van. It's nice but I hate driving it in town.

JJhomer83
01-27-04, 02:01 PM
I'm like you... the new ones just don't do it for me. I'm also liking the Eldorado ETC a bunch. Ii'm trying to decide whether I need 4 doors or 2. I have a 4 year old so he'll be going to the back seat. I really like the ETC better. As we also have a minivan the 4 doors aren't really that important. I'm looking to get out of my full-size hi-top GMC conversion van. It's nice but I hate driving it in town.

I own the eldo and i would not recomend it with kids, getting in and out of the back is a pain,
I thought the same thing with the 4 door (sts) and now that is what i am looking for.

CADDYBLACK99
01-28-04, 09:11 AM
Welcome aboard!
Eldo's have great style, I drive my son and his friends to high school so I opted for the big four door. The seville is a great choice also. Good luck, I hope you find a great deal!

green73ta
01-28-04, 08:23 PM
Welcome aboard!
Eldo's have great style, I drive my son and his friends to high school so I opted for the big four door. The seville is a great choice also. Good luck, I hope you find a great deal!Thanks!

I'm not in a huge hurry as I really don't have to replace the van. I've been doing some research here on this site and others and am a bit worried about getting a maintenance pig. I noticed that the Consumer Reports website lists the Seville, among others, as cars to watch out for because of maintenance. I don't want to buy someone's problem. I'm learning more everyday thanks to sites like this one.