: New V - Need help

dmn8
05-23-06, 06:42 AM
I am looking at buying a new V and shopping between a couple of dealers. They both have the car I want but I noticed that the tires at one dealer are the Goodyear Eagle RS/A and the other dealer has the F1 Supercar tires. I know of the differences between the tires, but I thought the F1 came with the V standard?? Why would there be RS/A's on a new V (has appx. 60 miles)????

Thanks.

Dave.

StealthV
05-23-06, 07:06 AM
RS-As (with lower top speed limiter) became the standard tire in 2006 with F1s being optional.

dmn8
05-23-06, 08:54 AM
Thanks. I appreciate it.

sheron76
05-23-06, 06:37 PM
You might want to check the date on the battery while your looking at the dealers too.

japx
05-24-06, 07:56 AM
The RSA became the standard begining in 06. The F1's are now an option (approx. $1K), and if you are going to use the car on dry pavement summer conditions and want maximun traction this is the tire for you. However if you intend to drive the car in all weather conditions and expect longer tread life the RSA are the choice(RSA are M+S rated). I personelly have a 06 CTS-V with the RSA's and I intend to drive the car in all weather conditions so my choice was clear, and I was glad Cadilac offered me this choice. Also remember either tire are run flats or extended mobility and the car doesn't come with a spare.....