: Rumour has it...

eldorado99
05-23-06, 01:06 AM
My dad just told me a very interesting story over dinner which I thought I would share with you guys since I know you'll appreciate it.

It all begins 31 years ago when my (now deceased) great uncle Lawrence and his friend go to a bar to enjoy a few drinks. He enjoyed too many as is the norm for my family, and his friend was in the same boat. They got into discussions of their preferred automobiles and found that they both agreed on the same premium automobile; you guessed it, The All-mighty Cadillac. They both then discussed the unfortunate reality that this model year (1976) was the last year for the Convertible Eldorado. My Great Uncle loved Cadillacs as much as all of us here on the forums do and I'm sure the alcohol increased his enthusiasm even more. The drunken two decided to then wobble down to the dealership (still somewhat drunk) and snap up these cars before they were gone forever. They each bought two fully loaded white 1976 Eldorados. After that they both decided to drive one and keep the other as a collectors item. My dad told me he was present when my Great uncle was asked "What would you do if you couldn't drive your Cadillac?" by another relative, his answer was "I guess I'd drive my other one..." So there is a mint condition 1976 Eldorado sitting in a storage basement with under 50 miles on it in the town next to me which is now officially owned my my dad's cousin who owns my Great uncles business. I desperately want to go see it. My family has little contact with that part of the family so I guess thats why I didn't hear about it sooner, but I don't know why my dad didn't tell me until now. He said one of these days he will phone them up and ask if we can go see it. If I were ever to posess something like that I would have a hard time adding any miles to the odometer. I may not be able to do it. Anyway I just thought I would share that with you guys, I was excited to find out there was a mint condition Eldorado with almost no miles on it in my family.

bicentennialcadillac
05-23-06, 07:35 AM
That's awesome. Be sure to post plenty of pics if you get to see her.

caddydaddy
05-23-06, 10:10 AM
Cool! yeah, get some pics!

DopeStar 156
05-23-06, 10:42 AM
They prolly didn't tell you because you'd steal it, because that's what I'd do. Haha.

Benzilla
05-23-06, 01:04 PM
dude!!!!!!!!!! oh my god, thats like being in a dream or something(really, I've had dreams like that) I agree with dope* I'd go steal it. I wouldn't be able to stop myself. I would just sort of gravitate tward the car.

eldorado99
05-23-06, 11:36 PM
Another reason that it makes me happy is that everyone in my family is loyal to Ford/Lincoln for some reason, finally someone in my family has a decent taste in cars; even if he is now dead at least I knew it happened.