: Car Show Pics

DopeStar 156
05-23-06, 01:22 AM
Just shots of my car. The show really sucked this year and it got rained out. There was no one new there, all the cars I had seen already from the previous year. Mine looked good though, you can tell I really need to get the rear springs put in, but other than that it looks great. Just had the headliner replaced today and no more drooping there. Enjoy.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/DopeStar156/1989%20Fleetwood%20Brougham/caddyshow1.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/DopeStar156/1989%20Fleetwood%20Brougham/caddyshow2.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/DopeStar156/1989%20Fleetwood%20Brougham/caddyshow3.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/DopeStar156/1989%20Fleetwood%20Brougham/caddyshow4.jpg

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-23-06, 01:53 AM
You have the same brochure I do...

davesdeville
05-23-06, 03:25 AM
Looks nice but you do need the rear springs.

Sandy
05-23-06, 06:51 AM
Dope, why does your car look better every year? Like an older woman, who gets younger looking each year !! Wish you had taken (or posted) more pics of other cars that were there. Can you believe that I am STILL sick? Day 6 and holding. I mean, really who the heck gets the FLU in late May? Only I ~ and I have it MILD, and still on day-6. Today is the first day I actually feel better ~ Whenever they say the 4-letter word: RAIN; it totally kills attendence! Nobody minds detailing their car BEFORE the show, but who wants to do it AGAIN - AFTER ya get home?
Did ya happen to see a 1995-ish bright red Alfa Romeo 164 Sedan ? (NEW)

DopeStar 156
05-23-06, 11:34 AM
Dope, why does your car look better every year? Like an older woman, who gets younger looking each year !! Wish you had taken (or posted) more pics of other cars that were there. Can you believe that I am STILL sick? Day 6 and holding. I mean, really who the heck gets the FLU in late May? Only I ~ and I have it MILD, and still on day-6. Today is the first day I actually feel better ~ Whenever they say the 4-letter word: RAIN; it totally kills attendence! Nobody minds detailing their car BEFORE the show, but who wants to do it AGAIN - AFTER ya get home?
Did ya happen to see a 1995-ish bright red Alfa Romeo 164 Sedan ? (NEW)
Nop, there was no such Alfa Romeo there. There was a 1980 Imperial 2 door there though, I thought you'd have liked that. I must've been the only guy there who didn't seem to mind his car getting rained on. The guy next to me with a late 30's Packard kept running over and drying his car off as it was still raining. I just laughed at his ass the whole time and as a joke, stood up and held my umbrella over my car covering like nothing.

The car's getting springs next, headliner was put in yesterday. Unfortunately there's a list I have to go down and complete as the money becomes present. Good thing my job pays well enough that I can complete these tasks. My vacuum diaphragm for the parking brake release should be in today.

Sandy
05-23-06, 12:46 PM
Had to be a 1981 Imperial, as there was no 1980. The bustle back coupe was 81 82 & 83. Pretty rare today. Ya, I woulda checked it out. So my Alfa friend was a no show >>> Rain threat, no doubt. Studebakers & Edsels will NEVER come out if there's rain within 200 miles! Dampness make them rust, imagine what rain would do !!

Old Joke, new for this generation:

Never park a 1957-1959 Plymouth, DeSoto, Dodge, Chrysler or Imperial near a lake in the summertime!

It will start to rust if you are there more than an hour !

DopeStar 156
05-23-06, 03:15 PM
Prolly was a 1980, I forget what the year was. There was a Studebaker and an Edsel there actually. They might have begun to rot right then and there. LOL!

cmgrafmc
05-23-06, 04:04 PM
You stink.

(I have Burgandy D'Elegance Envy, or BDD.)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-23-06, 04:38 PM
Never park a 1957-1959 Plymouth, DeSoto, Dodge, Chrysler or Imperial near a lake in the summertime!

It will start to rust if you are there more than an hour !

Ah yes, the "Forward Look" years! Great cars! My dad had a '57 Chrysler Windsor Four Door Sedan when I was younger! It was salmon pink with white accents and a matching salmon pink vinyl interior.

Benzilla
05-23-06, 04:50 PM
I want Christine

Oh and there is a guy in my area with about a '55 Studebaker in mint condition that he takes to every car show, rain or shine.. its just a matter of days now lol.

gdwriter
05-23-06, 05:05 PM
I must've been the only guy there who didn't seem to mind his car getting rained on. The guy next to me with a late 30's Packard kept running over and drying his car off as it was still raining. I just laughed at his ass the whole time and as a joke, stood up and held my umbrella over my car covering like nothing.
Being in Oregon, it should come as no surprise that I've been rained on at a number of car shows. It doesn't faze me or my car. I mean, sheesh, it's not like the car never experienced rain in it's previous life as a dime-a-dozen dailly driver (Sandy, your cars don't count).

I went to a show a couple of weeks ago on the Oregon Coast. It started raining about halfway there on the drive over the Coast Range, and it rained off and on all morning. No big deal. I sat in Betty reading a book while Hoover sat contentedly in the back seat, sticking his nose out occasionally when people walked by. It stopped raining around noon and I did a quick squeegie job on Betty and called it good. There were a few guys frantically wiping down their cars, but they must have been recent California transplants.

Rain threat, no doubt. Studebakers & Edsels will NEVER come out if there's rain within 200 miles! Dampness make them rust, imagine what rain would do!!
Funny you should mention that, Sandy. There were four Edsels at this show, including two rare station wagons. See all the pictures here (http://gdwriter.q45.org/newport_loyalty_days_2006/).

http://www.gdwriter.com/images/ethel.jpg

Sandy
05-23-06, 05:52 PM
OMG, all those beautiful Edsels ! Sandy Luuuvvvs Edsels! God, a Commuter Wagon, and *be still my heart* a Bermuda (wood) wagon and a Flamingo Pink & Mocha Corsair Hardtop Coupe. I used to be an Edsel Judge at shows, inmy prior lifetime. Never enough Edsels ~ NEVER! Your '64 Impala always shows well and did ya see the Corsair Coupe with the yellow-cream accent moulding? So sweet.

I will not go to shows when it's raining, or rain is forcast. It's not the car getting wet, it's the undercarriage getting wet and dirty! My Caddy has been up in the air several times with me detailing underneath. I dislike doing that.
The ascMcLarens have no clue what "rain" even is! The WORST rustr(er) of all was even there, that '61 Impala Hardtop Cpe. She's like the MOPARS of 57 58 59 ! New modern cars do not rust like the oldies, but the underneath still gets slopped up. My 60 SPCL has never been in rain. Virgin Wipers !
IF I can get better (getting better like 10% a day ~ now up to 70%) I have a good (VERY good) show tro go to tomorrow, in Bloomfield NJ. I am taking the Sixty. I went & got her today outta dry storage and she was covered and needs nothing. Spotless and a double coat of Souverne on her. I damp wiped the engine compartment this noon, and THAT wore me out. (Weak from the Flu). The Vogues look like new fallen snow. Only the interior is whiter. I got a friend who comes to this show. He has 2 killer Caddies. A '64 Coupe deVille Black with turquoise cloth interior and a '64 Fleetwood Sixty Special, Black with Grey Leather. Both are 100pt. cars. He does all maintenance himself !! Oh, he is 78 years young. His daily driver is a 2003 Camaro SS - 5-Speed SLK Edition.

Sandy
05-23-06, 05:58 PM
Dope, judging from where you were parked (by the flower shoppe; you got there pretty late, No ?

CoupeDevilleRob
05-23-06, 08:52 PM
Don't feel bad Sandy, I'm just getting over a really bad cold too. I said the same thing, who the hell gets a cold in May? I'm kinda glad it's not just me, lol!

I have to confess even though I am a Mopar hater to the bone I kinda like those early 80's Imperial coupes. I actually saw one in person for the first time at a car show a few weeks ago. Those and the Gran Fury/Diplomat are the only 80's Chrysler products worth a damn to me.

And Dope, for the love of God get that Cadillac script in its rightful place on the other side of the trunk lid. Your car is so sweet but that misplaced emblem drives me nuts.

brougham
05-23-06, 09:43 PM
Ooohh shiny red car! I keep forgetting to look for that cool license plate frame for mine. Your car doesn't look any lower then normal in those pictures. It looks like it's around the same as the one in the brochure.

Benzilla
05-23-06, 10:39 PM
Beautiful car man, I love that color. maby its just the pics, but your rims look a little dirty? Mine always looked like that untill I tryed Eagle One Chrome & wire cleaner, best stuff in the world, you should pick up some :)

peace.

Sandy
05-23-06, 11:10 PM
Eagle One Chrome & wire cleaner, best stuff in the world

I couldn't have said it better, myself. All I have used since 1998 !

DopeStar 156
05-24-06, 01:18 AM
And Dope, for the love of God get that Cadillac script in its rightful place on the other side of the trunk lid. Your car is so sweet but that misplaced emblem drives me nuts.
Believe me I tried but there's so much stuck on shit behind it. I might swing by the body shop I use and ask them any tips they may have on moving it.

Dope, judging from where you were parked (by the flower shoppe; you got there pretty late, No ?
I got there at a quarter to 12 so yeah, but I was really beat and slept later than I expected to. I even took a nap in the backseat during the show. I got home at 4 AM the night before.....