: Tyre Pressure Sensors

guyspat
05-22-06, 06:04 PM
What is the part number of the tyre pressure sensors.

Second question would I get a reading in the DIC even if the sensor was not present?

Thanks

OldRoadDawg
05-22-06, 07:15 PM
No reading on DIC if sensor not present.

guyspat
05-22-06, 08:31 PM
Thanks - I have an indication albeit of the wrong pressure on three tyres but 0 on the other. So in other words I need one tyre pressure sender and to recalibrate the other three. Right?

Thanks for the help. It would be lonely world without the help available on this forum.

CVP33
05-22-06, 08:35 PM
What's a tyre?

Dreamin
05-22-06, 09:17 PM
Tyre: a city in Lebanon jutting out from the coast of the Mediterranean Sea, about 23 miles north of Acre, and 20 miles south of Sidon. The city is located at 35° 16' latitude and 33° 11' longitude and the name of the city means "rock" (Bikai, P., The Land of Tyre, in Joukowsky, M., "The Heritage of Tyre" chapter 2, 1992, p13).

Tyre was an ancient Phoenician city and today is the fourth largest city in Lebanon [1]. It has many ancient sites for tourism and its Roman Hippodrome was reportedly used for the film, Ben-Hur. It was added to UNESCO's World Heritage list in 1979 (Resolution 459).[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyre

CVP33
05-22-06, 09:20 PM
Everyone says the Dreamin is the tyre expert. His previous post leaves not doubt. Well done sir, well done! :highfive: :thumbsup:

Florian
05-22-06, 10:24 PM
wow...I learned more from that one paragraph than I did in my 7 years of college. Well done Tyre-guru!

F

ctsvett
05-22-06, 11:27 PM
I have not laughed that hard in a long time!

Thanks dreamin and CVP...

Reed

CTSVONFIRE
05-23-06, 09:10 AM
My tire monitors would read tire pressure sometimes. I don't have any either. The dealer can turn them off. I work at a Cadillac dealer so I just turned mine off with a Tech 2. It wiouldn't go into competitive mode w' a service tire monitor light on. I couldn't have that B.S. goin on.

BadCad
05-25-06, 05:50 PM
wow ... reading all this makes me tyred.

tedcmiller
05-26-06, 07:53 AM
You have to be very specific when you say "sensor not present." The TPMs communicate with the TPM system in the car via RF triggered either by pressure change or tire rotation. If you remove the TPMs, but leave them in close proximity to the car (like in the same garage), you can get readings from these TPMs even though they are not actually mounted on the car. Also, if you remove the TPMs without disabling the TPM system in the car, it will assume the TPMs are defective since they appear to have stopped transmitting and will generate error codes.

blown black caddy
05-26-06, 11:50 AM
Okay here's one for you tyre pressure guru's. What will happen when I replace my stock wheels with aftermarket wheels with new TPM"s installed in the new set of wheels, and store the old wheels in the garage close proximity? :bigroll:

StealthV
05-26-06, 12:05 PM
As long as your new wheels w/ their respective new TPMs are reset via the standard procedure, the V will ignore the old wheels and TPMs.

In the garage, I've got a couple of sets of V wheels and don't have any problems.

JOEYCTS-V
05-26-06, 05:43 PM
Sorry for the thread jack but I see your question was answered. On Thursday I will be putting my new tires on my stock wheels. Can I reuse my old TPS sensors or do I have to buy new ones? I will be putting on non-runflat tires. Thanks in advance.

StealthV
05-26-06, 05:51 PM
You can re-use your old sensors.