: 06 Cts-v

japx
05-22-06, 02:55 PM
Folks:
Does anyone know how to program the new 06 CTS-V steering wheel audio controls??? These audio controls are a bit strange (the volume is okay but the station selector incrememnts via a search instead of picking the next programmed station)........

Vendetta-V-
05-22-06, 05:58 PM
I don't think you have the option of doing a station search with the steering wheel...have to resort to the console for that; I think.

Dennisscars
05-22-06, 11:24 PM
:welcome: and don't be afraid of the bunnies..:bouncy:

Step 1 install X-pipe
Step 2 install maggie
Step 3 auto down both front windows
Step 4 press whine pedal to floor...

no need for radio..music will come from pipes and tears from bimmers.. :thumbsup:

sorry I'm no help, I'm the semi dormant wisenheimer, second to Wildwhl yet he knows important stuff too..

Kadonny
05-23-06, 07:37 AM
You can't program them, I tried every which way.

The only thing you can do which is hepful, if you hold the seek button on the steering wheel for 3 seconds, you should hear 2 beeps, then the radio will scroll though all your preselected stations for that band previewing each. Then press the button again if you find a station you want to listen to.

Thats all we can do, I bitched about this the first day I had the car. The seek button needs to scroll through the presets, not through the entire band.

japx
05-23-06, 07:48 AM
thanx for the last post of an explaination of the unprogrammable controls. I thought I was going crazy, but I guess this fits the 'GOOD & GOOFY' GM tag in that its good they put the audio controls on the steering wheel but its goofy how they deviated from the normal pre-set selection increment.
Still a small price for a 'Corvette with 4 doors'..

V-Smooth
05-23-06, 11:57 AM
No way to program it...it's pre-set by VIN# being entered into the head unit....or so that's the line the serive manager gave me when they had to replace my in-dash CD changer at, oh, 200 miles and about two months ago (still haven't received my CD's that were stuck in the changer from GM :mad:). When they installed the new head unit they did not program the VIN# in it so I ended up with the CTS formatting on my steering wheel coctrols, I was like WTF...tired to turn up the volume and my ventilation system came on, volume down triggered OnStar?!....and of course, that required ANOTHER trip back to the dealership to fix it. Overall dealership experience has been quite disturbing...and I have a sneaky suspicion that I'll be back over there here in the near future...

Luna.
05-23-06, 12:34 PM
:welcome: and don't be afraid of the bunnies..:bouncy:

Step 1 install X-pipe
Step 2 install maggie
Step 3 auto down both front windows
Step 4 press whine pedal to floor...

no need for radio..music will come from pipes and tears from bimmers.. :thumbsup:

sorry I'm no help, I'm the semi dormant wisenheimer, second to Wildwhl yet he knows important stuff too..

:yeah: :histeric:

japx
05-30-06, 05:44 AM
Folks:
I have opened an incident with Cadillac, and it is surprising that after 2 calls 3 E-mails they have very little clue to what I am refering to. Now up to the district mgr/tech. and still going..... Stay tuned....
The best way to describe it is that the car has 2 seek/scan buttons one on the console and the other(useless) on the steering wheel.....

ophio6
05-30-06, 07:25 AM
I haven't tried to change mine yet because I don't use them, but I remember seeing something called "SW Controls" or "STW Controls" in the setup screen (after pushing the "main" button). It seemed like the buttons could be programmed to whatever you wanted them to be by using this. I didn't drive the V today. I'll try it when I get home and let you know.

japx
05-30-06, 08:10 AM
Folks:
I have tried the "SW Controls" or "STW Controls" via the main panel still not functional.... The "SW Controls" or "STW Controls" come up non-hilited indicated the function is disabled(meant for a non-V CTS)...

ctsvett
05-30-06, 12:18 PM
The radio is not programmed by vin, its just certain features are enabled/ disabled via tech II as I understand it. Ewill can help here!

Reed