: This Is What Good Old Madman Had To Say About Caddy Owners

1MEANV
05-22-06, 02:09 PM
Goddamn Caddy owners have just about gotten on my last nerve. I have never seen such whiny bitches in my life. You guys want to cry when your rear end blows up. Then you whine that a REDNECK is building a solution, then you whine when it takes too long. Now you are going to whine when I say it costs more than $5.00. **** it.

YEAH I WOULD REALLY BUY SOMETHING FROM THIS GUY TOO. WHAT A ASS.

rand49er
05-22-06, 02:11 PM
Goddamn Caddy owners have just about gotten on my last nerve. I have never seen such whiny bitches in my life. You guys want to cry when your rear end blows up. Then you whine that a REDNECK is building a solution, then you whine when it takes too long. Now you are going to whine when I say it costs more than $5.00. **** it.

YEAH I WOULD REALLY BUY SOMETHING FROM THIS GUY TOO. WHAT A ASS.Sounds like he's doing a lot of whining to me. :thehand:

Florian
05-22-06, 02:12 PM
leave the guy alone, he went out on a limb to build a bullet proof rear that will handle the big HP. I applaud his effort, and as a result, he will get orders for the rear. Im sure it wasnt cheap to produce, but at least he put forth effort as a result of a perceived need. That someone should call him a redneck is, well, just plain stupid. Apparantly MM has an aptitude for doing this kind of custom work and this work takes time. Now everyone just needs to relax a bit and let him finish.
My .02

F

1MEANV
05-22-06, 02:15 PM
I Am Just Wandering Whos Ideas He Is Stealing This Time. He Has Been Know To Do It In The Pass. Ask Eddie Brick

Texan V
05-22-06, 02:23 PM
leave the guy alone, he went out on a limb to build a bullet proof rear that will handle the big HP. I applaud his effort, and as a result, he will get orders for the rear. Im sure it wasnt cheap to produce, but at least he put forth effort as a result of a perceived need. That someone should call him a redneck is, well, just plain stupid. Apparantly MM has an aptitude for doing this kind of custom work and this work takes time. Now everyone just needs to relax a bit and let him finish.
My .02

F

:yeah:

Luna.
05-22-06, 02:24 PM
Who is giving him a hard time? It hardly seems reasonable that people would "bite the hand that feeds them."

heavymetals
05-22-06, 02:25 PM
I would like a "solution", however I am reluctant to buy anything from anyone who cops a tude about it.

There are plenty of people out there who will smile and treat you like a "customer" as they are taking your money.:thepan:

If he has a problem with potential customers, then he shouldn't sell his services, or have someone run interferance for him and not deal with the customers at all.

1MEANV
05-22-06, 02:29 PM
im speaking for myself but anyone who calls me a bitch, i certainly would not give my business nor money for anything. if you cant handle people and time crunches get out of the business. just my 2 cents

1MEANV
05-22-06, 02:30 PM
go to a car dealership, let the salesman call you a bitch and then buy a car from him. if you still buy a car from him. you really are a bitch then and deserving of the title

urbanski
05-22-06, 02:35 PM
their forum admin took a swipe at us here
said we all we do is complain
you guys with 5 large waiting for someting to buy best check it all out

ronr
05-22-06, 02:56 PM
At least I now know which aftermarket rear end will NOT be going in my car.

madman69
05-22-06, 03:06 PM
I Am Just Wandering Whos Ideas He Is Stealing This Time. He Has Been Know To Do It In The Pass. Ask Eddie Brick

WHO???????????

As for my comments, just look at what you guys post. I havent gone and said a cross word about the Aussie solution, I havent claimed to do anything I dont feel I can do. I havent even come up with a price that is fair to all involved. Yet I get emails and phone calls from alot of you complaining about something that isnt even ready for production. I hear the complaints about road noise. Nobody including the Aussies can even comment on that until one of these kits is out. I get complaints about the cost. Myself nor the Aussies have even stated a price yet. Then the complaints about exhaust etc.

Quit complaining, if you want to give constructive criticism fine I will listen.

P-Funk
05-22-06, 03:08 PM
I must be missing something. Maybe I haven't read all of the right threads/posts but I haven't noticed too much whining. Sure I've seen some complaining or people pointing out that it is taking a long time but not enough to encourage that kind of response. Just my opinion.

Luna.
05-22-06, 03:14 PM
Let's not have this situation spiral out of control.

I have no idea what the truth is when it comes to Madman, but I DO know that GM has put us in this situation, NOT MADMAN, NOR KURT. These guys are trying to HELP us with a solution.

To complain to these guys is utterly mind-boggling. If that is true, I'm sorry, but what a fu*king disgrace to the V community. However, I must have missed the part where a lot of complaining was going on...:confused:

In any case, the hard reality is that we don't know anything yet. Any solution needs to be tested and evaluated big time. Until that is done, it is absolutely pointless to complain. Let's see what happens, THEN discuss it. There must have been some complaints going on somewhere---not on the V board perhaps??

I'm just baffled how anyone could even think to complain about anything related to the rear end and an aftermarket solution. How someone can make the connection that it's a 3rd party's responsibility (i.e. Madman, Kurt, etc.) to make our rear-end "right" is a couple of cans short of a 6-pack...

ssmith100
05-22-06, 04:04 PM
First off, Brian (Madman) may have went a little over the line with his comment, but people on this site do COMPLAIN about everything. I've been on the site for a long time and can vouch for that.

If there is anyone here that would have a complaint against Madman it would be Parker and he hasn't said a word. It is his car that is getting the rear end (which is having to be built from scratch) so if he isn't complaining I don't know why other people should be. There are numerous threads on the other site that talk about the new rear end and what parts are having to be made to do it. I personally think Madman has been pretty courteous to a lot of the people that have had durogatory comments toward him and Thunder Racing. 80% of the people on this board complain about there rear ends and when someone offers a solution the ridicule them and expect to have something built in a month. Truly Amazing.

Shane

Florian
05-22-06, 04:13 PM
go to a car dealership, let the salesman call you a bitch and then buy a car from him. if you still buy a car from him. you really are a bitch then and deserving of the title

I am hardly a bitch, however if I went to a dealership and got called a bitch, Id walk out in a hot minute. I dont need to go to a dealer for a car, I can buy them used, etc...new cars are a want/desire. The new diff is a need, and something that I know I will be installing.
So, call me bitch, douche, yambag, whatever...I couldnt care less, just give me a rear diff that works...

F

urbanski
05-22-06, 04:39 PM
To complain to these guys is utterly mind-boggling. If that is true, I'm sorry, but what a fu*king disgrace to the V community. However, I must have missed the part where a lot of complaining was going on...:confused: .
the ground control folks must be getting similar complaints then.
StealthV on his next-gen FFV and LS2 tune, as well.
Maggie for the 06s maybe too?

you see where I'm going. its not a disgrace to be impatient, expecially when there are deep pockets here willing to toss cash around.

rand49er
05-22-06, 04:41 PM
Just sounds like he's getting a little testy, that's all. I haven't been to a lot of forums, just seems like we do whine a lot. :stirpot:

urbanski
05-22-06, 04:43 PM
First off, Brian (Madman) may have went a little over the line with his comment, but people on this site do COMPLAIN about everything. I've been on the site for a long time and can vouch for that.

If there is anyone here that would have a complaint against Madman it would be Parker and he hasn't said a word. It is his car that is getting the rear end (which is having to be built from scratch) so if he isn't complaining I don't know why other people should be. There are numerous threads on the other site that talk about the new rear end and what parts are having to be made to do it. I personally think Madman has been pretty courteous to a lot of the people that have had durogatory comments toward him and Thunder Racing. 80% of the people on this board complain about there rear ends and when someone offers a solution the ridicule them and expect to have something built in a month. Truly Amazing.

ShaneI read every post here, every day.
Never have I heard anybody complain about Madman or ThunderRacing.
They may reply "updates" or "bump" in the Aussie thread and seem impatient, but even then its a minority of posts.

What people do in EMAILS or phone calls should not reflect upon this forum's users. The only person who can speak for this forum is Administrator. For the other forum admin (or mod or whatever) to take a shot at this forums users for something I see no evidence of....well lets say I'll take my orders to Summit Racing now.

ssmith100
05-22-06, 04:47 PM
There will be one thread a day about someone complaining about there rear end whining, guaranteed. I've got a lot of friends here but to be honest I get sick about reading about the same things over and over. To those who don't know how to use the "Search feature"........................LEARN. Damn, now I'm whining like a bitch.:)

Shane

urbanski
05-22-06, 04:56 PM
There will be one thread a day about someone complaining about there rear end whining, guaranteed. I've got a lot of friends here but to be honest I get sick about reading about the same things over and over. To those who don't know how to use the "Search feature"........................LEARN. Damn, now I'm whining like a bitch.:)

Shane
sure, stock rear end complaints multiply like rabbits.
but specific complaints about aftermarket diff vendors are quite rare, but "we" were alleged to consistently do same.

1MEANV
05-22-06, 05:03 PM
i dont care what it is or how bad i need it. i have standards and self respect and if anyone called me a bitch i would if they were directly in front of me punch them in the mouth because to me BITCH is one of the most disrespectful words around and two i certainly would not buy shit from them what so ever.

1BDCADY
05-22-06, 05:08 PM
Our rear end has been called redneck, backyard, homegrown, and a few other things all from this board, so I can see where a little hostility come into play. Yet we used all of the finest racing components available in the industry including a Billet al housing, 900hp totally custom one off axles, Strange center section (not the cheap Chinese crap off of e-bay), and a 100% custom driveshaft. Now tell me where backyard or redneck engineered comes into play, other then the guy welding it up???:bigroll: Oh and to let you guys in on a little secret Brain's not even a Redneck, he's a Coonass.

Paul

DILLIGAF
05-22-06, 05:16 PM
i dont care what it is or how bad i need it. i have standards and self respect and if anyone called me a bitch i would if they were directly in front of me punch them in the mouth because to me BITCH is one of the most disrespectful words around and two i certainly would not buy shit from them what so ever.Then why bring it in here?I have read all the posts over there and some guys are bitching about Parkers car not being done.That statement was not meant for this entire community your Mean-ness.I am curious to look at Parkers car when it's done,i'm not going to Dallas till it's done and I know for sure i'll have a chance to see Parker's car.Lets start a biggest cry baby thread so the mad man knows who to flame.:want:

urbanski
05-22-06, 05:18 PM
here's the search for redneck
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/search.php?searchid=145047

Backyard here
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/search.php?searchid=145049
with 1 use of the word in a diff thread:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/51217-i-am-trying-get-complete-custom.html?highlight=backyard

homegrown here
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/search.php?searchid=145050
One user said it looked homegrown here
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/67074-pics-new-diff.html?highlight=homegrown
but he seemed to be the minority and the comment was not echoed in anything other than a "homegrown built America" way.

I just don't see the egregious slander of Madman we're accused of.

The Tony Show
05-22-06, 05:21 PM
Did someone say Eddie Brock?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/Firebomba/showjpg.jpg

This looks like a classic case of things getting really out of hand because of one or two comments.

I know that everyone here is looking forward to a diff solution, and most of the members here are class acts. Someone a little frustrated probably made a comment they shouldn't have, and Madman's response was uncalled for as well. That's why he's an engineer and not a PR man. That still doesn't mean it was deserved.

If the people from Thunder Racing are reading this, please remember that everyone here has the cash to drop 50k on a car that most of us don't use as a daily driver, so it's a good group to be pleasant to. The worst thing would be for all of the capital you've invested in R&D to only end up selling the prototype because an engineer made a rude generalization.

DILLIGAF
05-22-06, 05:22 PM
To the lounge for a cage match!!!!!

Mat347
05-22-06, 05:24 PM
Once again it seems a handful of V owners have given us a stereotype. I just hope the people on the receiving end realize this and do not become overly callous. We are not all spoiled, impatient biches who think $$ gives them the right to disrespect someone. Those individuals are in need of a stern arse whoopin! :want:

I don't feel we should attack Madman for his comments, we should find out who has been doing all the complaining and give them the aforementioned whoopin. Get off his back, he's doing us all a favor! Do we want a cheap, under engineered product? (GM has one for you!) But if you're like me and want a rear that WILL NOT break and has 0 problems, be patient and let things come at their own pace.

1MEANV
05-22-06, 05:24 PM
i dont care what anyone says. no need to say all caddy owners are bitches. that is just rude and direspectful. that is the bottom line.

DILLIGAF
05-22-06, 05:28 PM
i dont care what anyone says. no need to say all caddy owners are bitches. that is just rude and direspectful. that is the bottom line.We are in total agreement.I read it over there,went o-well and came over here to hang out with you guys.:)

1BDCADY
05-22-06, 05:29 PM

Backyard here
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/51217-i-am-trying-get-complete-custom.html?highlight=backyard

homegrown here
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/67074-pics-new-diff.html?highlight=homegrown
but he seemed to be the minority and the comment was not echoed in anything other than a "homegrown built America" way.

Sorry man but your search button must be broken because all of those things have been said here. I don't have the time to spend searching for them nor do I even care other then I know for a fact it's the truth.

paul

urbanski
05-22-06, 05:33 PM
Madmans comments really spawn from the other caddy board with everyone talking shit about Thunders 9".
Here's the thread

Show me the everyone of which you speak PLEASE. Really, i am begging. I see ONE, maybe TWO (ewill just had some questions, after all he works on these cars for a living).

urbanski
05-22-06, 05:35 PM
Sorry man but your search button must be broken because all of those things have been said here. I don't have the time to spend searching for them nor do I even care other then I know for a fact it's the truth.

paul

you run the same vBull software over there and should have the search database somewhat configured the same. my search is the same as your forum's search.

where's our proof?

ssmith100
05-22-06, 05:37 PM
Well, the only nice thing about this thread is at least it's entertaining.:thumbsup: For the guys who can "afford" and really "want" the new rear end, I think they could be called just about anything. My first wife called me "as$hole" for so long that I thought that was my name:eek: ............I really like that house I lived in.

Paul,
Let it go bro. It's not going to get any better. Like I said, if Parker's happy that's all that matters.

Shane

Florian
05-22-06, 05:41 PM
i dont care what anyone says. no need to say all caddy owners are bitches. that is just rude and direspectful. that is the bottom line.

Mean, you just need to relax...so you got called a bitch. Big deal. Theres an old adage about 'sticks and stones"... Lighten up.:violin:

F

BryanS
05-22-06, 05:41 PM
I need a good aftermarket solution for the rear of this car. It is obvious that GM is not stepping up to the plate, so why is everyone fighting with the only groups that have decided to give us a hand. At the end of the day, if someone has had his/her sensibility offended...you don't have to purchase the solution; you can wait for GM to help you out.

dannystang
05-22-06, 06:09 PM
Mean, you just need to relax...so you got called a bitch. Big deal. Theres an old adage about 'sticks and stones"... Lighten up.:violin:

F

Oh lord this thread is going to make me giz all over my bitch florian...

1MEANV
05-22-06, 06:16 PM

F
MADMAN NEVER CALLED ME A BITCH. THE ONLY BITCHES ARE THE PEOPLE WHO END UP BUYING THAT REAR END. I TELL YOU I WONT BE. :gun:

urbanski
05-22-06, 06:17 PM
lol @ dallas

DILLIGAF
05-22-06, 06:17 PM
Too funny

MSMITH
05-22-06, 06:31 PM
MADMAN NEVER CALLED ME A BITCH. THE ONLY BITCHES ARE THE PEOPLE WHO END UP BUYING THAT REAR END. I TELL YOU I WONT BE. :gun:

Thats the rear end thats going in my car, so now you're calling me a bitch?

1MEANV
05-22-06, 06:36 PM
If You Buy Something From Someone That Called You A Bitch You Are Nuts. It Would Be A Cold Day In Hell Before I Would.

1MEANV
05-22-06, 06:38 PM
I Own My Own Business And My Sales People Would Not Go Around Calling Potential Customers Bitches And Then Expect Them To Buy My Product. Yeah Right

Luna.
05-22-06, 07:03 PM
Once again it seems a handful of V owners have given us a stereotype. I just hope the people on the receiving end realize this and do not become overly callous. We are not all spoiled, impatient biches who think $$ gives them the right to disrespect someone. Those individuals are in need of a stern arse whoopin! :want:

I don't feel we should attack Madman for his comments, we should find out who has been doing all the complaining and give them the aforementioned whoopin. Get off his back, he's doing us all a favor! Do we want a cheap, under engineered product? (GM has one for you!) But if you're like me and want a rear that WILL NOT break and has 0 problems, be patient and let things come at their own pace.

:yeah: .

This is, basically, what I was saying; I'm in total agreement.

Urby, sorry, but I'm confused about your reply. When someone is trying to HELP us, in this situation, I'm very confused how anyone could even remotely complain. As a matter of fact, there is no confusion, it's just WRONG. It never should have escaladed to this point in the first place. How on earth someone can complain to someone trying to HELP is amazing and B.S.

Like I said, I have no idea what the truth is. All I know is that these guys are trying to help. Who on earth is complaining? (Also, as previously said, I must have missed most of the bitching...)

urbanski
05-22-06, 07:16 PM
Urby, sorry, but I'm confused about your reply. When someone is trying to HELP us, in this situation, I'm very confused how anyone could even remotely complain. As a matter of fact, there is no confusion, it's just WRONG. It never should have escaladed to this point in the first place. How on earth someone can complain to someone trying to HELP is amazing and B.S.

Like I said, I have no idea what the truth is. All I know is that these guys are trying to help. Who on earth is complaining (also, as previously said, I must have missed all the bitching).Well my main point was that GC or Kurt haven't gone off publically on us for torturing them.

Please look at my replies #25 and 32. I searched every word we were accused of using to attack Madman. I found 1 user who used 1 word once. Certainly not reason to condemn an entire forum and an entire group of car owners. Read my posts, that's the answer to "who" is complaining, best I can find. I'm fox news, i report you decide.

CTS-VPaco
05-22-06, 07:20 PM
I bet there's some behind the scenes poking and prodding that is going on which is causing more stress.

Imagine this...

You're a coonass working in a hot and humid bayou, doing your damnedest to put something together which has never been done before. Trial after trial, hurrying up and waiting on your suppliers to deliver parts and materials, all the while you are getting more inquiries by the day.

Phone calls, emails, posts on the web, faxes and letters. You spend half of your time reading and replying, the other half waiting and once you actually have some parts to work with, you get more inquiries. They all seem to blend together; where is the solution? Why is it taking so long? Is it going to be expensive? I bet it's too expensive. What's it made out of? What are the exact specifications? Why is it taking so long? Why is it so expensive? Is it noisy? My wife's going to hate it cos it's too noisy! It's enough to drive you MAD!!!

Honestly, I think there is a huge lesson learned here. Do not announce much past the intention of engineering a solution for any particular community. The chatter, rumors and inquiries will only put undo stress upon you. Short of gauging interest and letting folks know you may be coming up with a solution, I wouldn't've been as informative and forthcoming with the pictures and information until I actually had a prototype built and running in a vehicle.

While I do not work in the automotive industry, I do service and repairs for computer systems. Nothing is worse than when you have a customer who has nothing better to do than to call for updates every 30 minutes about something you told them it will take a week to do, and it's been 1 day.

Relate to these gentlemen. Understand they are in a business where there are other things going on. Do you expect them to work 24/7 until the project is done? Does anyone have an idea of the type of staff they have working on this particular project? Does anyone know the difficulty of obtaining the proper pieces to do the work with?

I sure as hell don't! And that's my two cents, bitches. ;)

heavymetals
05-22-06, 07:21 PM
This thread is worse then a stock msg board.:thehand:

Product isn't even out yet.

CVP33
05-22-06, 08:00 PM
I've been here very long, in fact my wife would say too long. This is what I've learned:

Whiners - cvp33, ace, joey's vee

Bitches - WW (mine), Florian (use to be mine), Danny-poo-stang (use to be everyone's)

Losers - Ah, we've had plenty. But at least we have a forum where the mod's let us air it out.

The preceeding was brought to you by CVP33. Accepted almost nowhere and banned on 5 forums and counting. :highfive:

Florian
05-22-06, 09:09 PM
Oh lord this thread is going to make me XXX all over my bitch florian...

Wait a gol dang minute, its MY turn to XXXX all over you, remember....now bend over. :thepan:

F

Florian
05-22-06, 09:12 PM
I've been here very long, in fact my wife would say too long. This is what I've learned:

Whiners - cvp33, ace, joey's vee

Bitches - WW (mine), Florian (use to be mine), Danny-poo-stang (use to be everyone's)

Losers - Ah, we've had plenty. But at least we have a forum where the mod's let us air it out.

The preceeding was brought to you by CVP33. Accepted almost nowhere and banned on 5 forums and counting. :highfive:

CVP,

I can still be had....even if its by a DCX guy (Deranged Cross-dressing eXtremist)... :alchi:

F

Joey'sVee
05-22-06, 09:43 PM
HEHEHEHE I'm a whiner!!! Anyone got some cheese?

DILLIGAF
05-22-06, 09:47 PM
Fisterstang will cut you some cheese but you'll never hear it.

CVP33
05-22-06, 09:48 PM
Fisterstang will cut you some cheese but you'll never hear it.

Fister. (insert beavis and butthead laugh here).

That cracked me up. :thumbsup:

wildwhl
05-22-06, 09:53 PM
Ahhhhh :grouphug:

Flyboy
05-22-06, 10:49 PM
I've read all these posts.

Bottom line (IMHO)....our Getrag diffs aren't working well for most of us. (I'm not whining here).

I don't care if it's Madman or the Aussies (or both), but I'll buy from "whomever" when they've produced a successful unit that works and doesn't break. It's really 3rd grade logic.

Luna.
05-22-06, 11:55 PM
Well my main point was that GC or Kurt haven't gone off publically on us for torturing them.

Please look at my replies #25 and 32. I searched every word we were accused of using to attack Madman. I found 1 user who used 1 word once. Certainly not reason to condemn an entire forum and an entire group of car owners. Read my posts, that's the answer to "who" is complaining, best I can find. I'm fox news, i report you decide.

Aye. Agree. I'm with ya now. :)

ctsvett
05-23-06, 12:30 AM
I kinda just want a cast iron case for the gears we have ( I like heavymetal's Idea!). Thats the weak link...

Certainly would not be 4k and require new axles....

Reed

1MEANV
05-23-06, 12:45 AM
curious to hear the price. new 9 inch pod with gears, half shafts and new drive shaft. that is not including the whole butcher job that is required to the cradle to get it to fit. i bet the total build cost with labour will be at least $7000. just my guess. no thanks

CTSV05
05-23-06, 02:18 AM
Well....being a backyard injuneer Myself......I appreciate the effort being put into this diff.

I will never have the cash for one...but I'm still happy to see development

dannystang
05-23-06, 10:19 AM
Well....being a backyard injuneer Myself......I appreciate the effort being put into this diff.

I will never have the cash for one...but I'm still happy to see development

Doug I don't know many people who would scream at you or whine...

Run the other direction yes...

1BDCADY
05-23-06, 10:23 AM
curious to hear the price. new 9 inch pod with gears, half shafts and new drive shaft. that is not including the whole butcher job that is required to the cradle to get it to fit. i bet the total build cost with labour will be at least $7000. just my guess. no thanks

By all means PLEASE do not buy one and SHUT UP!!!!:violin:

Geno
05-23-06, 10:39 AM
My first wife called me "as$hole" for so long that I thought that was my name:eek:.

Shane

Hee, hee...Been there, I know the feelin...:rolleyes:

OK, so what's wrong with being a Redneck...I've been called worse. I would expect being a whiney, snot nosed, uppitty, white collar, know it all, is at least the equivalent.

As I've said for over a year, "when the right solution is available, I'm buying it".

And finally, a word of advice to all the whiners and just remember I said this, "whatever the solution is, the robustness of the rear will be inversely proportional to the noise refinement".

CRZY747
05-23-06, 11:31 AM
Okay so we have established that MADMAN "Brian" is a mis-placed texan that use to be a REDNECK and now nothing more than a COONA$$ LOL.

What the hell, GM is laughing at all of us and calling us BITCHES, cause they built a car that won't withstand the power on motor let alone with mods. SO case in fact we are ALL BITCHES of GM.

SO if you want to whine about something take it to GM and bitch all you want. Let MADMAN do the work and I am sure it will be one bad ass rearend for the car, sure might be expensive, but over time how much have you lost on the car already. SO make sure to bitch all you want.

By the way Keep up the good work MADMAN and THUNDERRACING.

JET

rgd
05-23-06, 03:08 PM
Quietly following the various diff fixes waiting for the first one that looks bullet proof.
Allot of us do bitch, and I am sure everyone here has a braking point or a line that shouldn't be crossed or they will react as Madman did. Perhaps the person who made the redneck remark would get a bit pissed off if someone called him a "JACKASS" I don't know.
All I know is I/we need a fix and I happily thank those attempting to bring us one. For those of you who won't buy from Madman because of his comments, as they say "don't bite off your nose to spite your face".

As far as the time to build a fix, just look how long it has taken to find a reasonable suspension fix which is about 100 times less involved!

my $0.02

rgd

Koooop
05-23-06, 05:23 PM
It sounds like Madman is knee deep in Mod Hell.

I would love to hear some of the names you guys call your ISP or the stuff you (we) mutter when we're on hold with tech support.

Same thing only Madman has no one to call.

2004ctsv
05-24-06, 10:13 PM
I was just looking in the Diff Update thread and saw one of my previous posts.

I said that I wanted the new diff to be quiet and fitting a luxury car.
I said "and not redneck"
If I offended anyone with that line, I apologize.
But I was talking about the car with new differential, not any one person.

Tony

CVP33
05-24-06, 10:24 PM
I was just looking in the Diff Update thread and saw one of my previous posts.

I said that I wanted the new diff to be quiet and fitting a luxury car.
I said "and not redneck"
If I offended anyone with that line, I apologize.
But I was talking about the car with new differential, not any one person.

Tony

Lord I apologize for all the starving pigmies amen. :eek:

2004ctsv
05-24-06, 10:40 PM
Lord I apologize for all the starving pigmies amen. :eek:

Just don't call them redneck pygmies:tisk:

wildwhl
05-25-06, 12:18 AM
Red Pig Neckmies?

TXSilverV
05-25-06, 10:03 AM
It's not me whining it's the rear end in my "V" that is whining!

Sorry I had to do it!
the last three cars I have owned has had some problem(BMW M3, Corvette, Porsche)
If you don't like it just sell it then! That's what I'm doing! I think! I can't! I can't make up my mind. Maybe if I just park it by the time my son is old enough to drive it we will have a fix for the rear.

STS 310
05-25-06, 07:57 PM
Get a bus pass.

Rarely do you ever see one broken down and there is absolutley no whining from the diff, just whinos.

alcast082
05-25-06, 08:40 PM
This seems like a typical post where one takes something seriously, its the net, most of us haven't even seen each other.:bigroll:
any who
I'm complaining now:crybaby: , someone give me an extra 100hp a rear that will handle it and oh by the way shave 500 pounds of the v's fat ass and make it come stock 1.2" lower and with a better shifter. Oh and you know what be cool, a V button like the M button that puts us up to 550hp hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:alchi:

you know whats str8 though, after the clunk from putting her into second there comes a nice loud peel a black patch of rubber behind:rolleyes:

Parker
05-25-06, 10:18 PM
Heres the deal.

First off 1MEANV (Dallas) really needs to quit instigating this. I remember back when the 1st to build the 9" started, wasn't it you that was going to offer a similar solution but didn't. Whats up with the typing, all caps, none at all, some at the begining of every word...STOP that shit.

MADMAN has been under alot of pressure from me and others that are interested in the rear I assure you, and most of his post were just venting from the negative responses from the boards. I must be a big bitch since I was the 1st to dish out the cash to fund this R&D along with Thunder. All MADMAN sees is the critisism from these posts and may interpret them differently than others...whats the word ohhh sterotyping. I agree when you don't know a group of automobile specific folks, they go by the sterotypes others have told them.

Many of you might not know, but the final piece of the project which was the new driveshaft arrived today and was installed and the car DRIVES. I was told you cannot hear the rear end noise, but I do have a louder exhaust than most.

Stay tuned for the 1/4 mile times coming VERY soon!

CVP33
05-25-06, 10:22 PM
I've met the follow forum members:

99GTX
Forgetaboutit
Trukk (Chris I forget your screen name)
Geno
61094827634 (whatever your numbers are)
James@Lindsay

That's about all I can stand in person. :highfive:

I've had internet sex with:

WW
Florian
Danny-do me-stang (but then again who hasn't)

God I love this place. :thumbsup:

STS 310
05-25-06, 10:30 PM

Florian
05-25-06, 10:44 PM
I've met the follow forum members:

99GTX
Forgetaboutit
Trukk (Chris I forget your screen name)
Geno
61094827634 (whatever your numbers are)
James@Lindsay

That's about all I can stand in person. :highfive:

I've had internet sex with:

WW
Florian
Danny-do me-stang (but then again who hasn't)

God I love this place. :thumbsup:

People Ive met:
OlRoadDawg
Ginnie
Carl "big Pimpin" Rowan
Norm (from Northfield)
Tony (from Pittsbilly)
another Pissburgh Tony I cant remember his name
and a few others from the N OH gtg....

Ive anally invaded (via the net) SoreFannyStang
Ive had filthy thoughts about:
CVP and WW but WW is too far west....

F

DILLIGAF
05-25-06, 10:46 PM
When you going to get your car Parker?I'll plan a trip to Dallas when it's home.

Parker
05-25-06, 11:02 PM
If everything goes well, I should have it back next weekend at the latest.

DILLIGAF
05-25-06, 11:07 PM
Start kicking around a date with all the other V guys,Gordy,Davin,guys from the other board and i'll fit into your guys schedule.I would really like to re-dyno my car while i'm there.You going to Air Tran down there and drive it back?

dannystang
05-26-06, 07:09 AM
People Ive met:
OlRoadDawg
Ginnie
Carl "big Pimpin" Rowan
Norm (from Northfield)
Tony (from Pittsbilly)
another Pissburgh Tony I cant remember his name
and a few others from the N OH gtg....

Ive anally invaded (via the net) SoreFannyStang
Ive had filthy thoughts about:
CVP and WW but WW is too far west....

F

Don't lie we met at the ranch...I think you had your gimp suite on..

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002382718_horse15m.html

urbanski
05-26-06, 07:49 AM
MADMAN has been under alot of pressure from me and others that are interested in the rear I assure you, and most of his post were just venting from the negative responses from the boards. I must be a big bitch since I was the 1st to dish out the cash to fund this R&D along with Thunder. All MADMAN sees is the critisism from these posts and may interpret them differently than others...whats the word ohhh sterotyping. I agree when you don't know a group of automobile specific folks, they go by the sterotypes others have told them.
!
Good for you.

See my reply and SHOW ME THE OUTRAGEOUS CRITICISM HE GOT HERE

Backyard here

homegrown here

M5eatr
05-26-06, 09:01 AM
There was a tremendous amount of bitching going on before.....now it's just about bearable, but anoying none the less.

I don't know Madman or the Aussies, but I am sure they have a lot on their plate. The V project can't be the only thing these guys are doing. Give them time, and it will happen. The design needs to be spot on, especially with the bunch we have.

Madman, wait until your model is PERFECT before you sell it, because if it isn't, you will have more "whine" than Napa, Somona , and the North Fork combined.

Parker
05-26-06, 12:18 PM
1."Homegrown" best describes it. I'd wait for a real solution versus this one.-SoCadillac

It seems like some of the frustration came from SoCadillacs critisism, all the other links I clicked didn't take me anywhere. It doesn't really matter anymore. Just another V owner trying to stir shit up in our world, otherwise it wouldn't be as entertaining.

SoCadillac
05-26-06, 12:43 PM
1."Homegrown" best describes it. I'd wait for a real solution versus this one.-SoCadillac

It seems like some of the frustration came from SoCadillacs critisism, all the other links I clicked didn't take me anywhere. It doesn't really matter anymore. Just another V owner trying to stir shit up in our world, otherwise it wouldn't be as entertaining.
Parker,

Not a criticism, but rather a statement. However, the proof and burden will be in the results of whoever delivers a differential solution. It will be interesting how these solutions are substantiated regarding their means of isolation and other safety features to deliver that power to the ground and what features have included all the considerations of said solution allowing it to be a daily driver. I hope that owners--out of frustration--simply do not rush to purchase a solution that is not comprehensive and untested.

1BDCADY
05-26-06, 01:58 PM
So tell me, what is it, in your so infinite knowledge, do you not approve of??

Luna.
05-26-06, 02:01 PM
Can someone explain to me why this is such a big deal at this time?

This is so stupid, it simply borders on amazing... :banghead:

Parker
05-26-06, 02:16 PM
Well you won't have to worry about the conversion not going untested...trust me on that!

SoCadillac
05-26-06, 02:40 PM
So tell me, what is it, in your so infinite knowledge, do you not approve of??
It will come down to the best one will win. Period. That's about it, plain and simple. There is no finished product to speak of that is out to analyze. If you want to base it upon a progress report, that's a different matter, and the two factions delivering a solution can be aligned side-by-side to determine what factors have been considered, but I doubt that each party will reveal all their findings at this time.

madman69
05-26-06, 02:53 PM
I didnt know this was a competition between myself and the Aussies. I know I have a ton of respect for them and know the quality of products they build. The only thing I am doing is building a fix for GMs worthless engineering.

My protoype is now a driving test bed. Is it ready for mass production??? NO it isnt. Is it quiet? Yes it is. Will it live??? I hope so. We will soon find out.

madman69
05-26-06, 02:54 PM
I didnt know this was a competition between myself and the Aussies. I know I have a ton of respect for them and know the quality of products they build. The only thing I am doing is building a fix for GMs worthless engineering.

My protoype is now a driving test bed. Is it ready for mass production??? NO it isnt. Is it quiet? Yes it is. Will it live??? I hope so. We will soon find out.

lawfive
05-26-06, 03:41 PM
I'm complaining now:crybaby: , someone give me an extra 100hp a rear that will handle it and oh by the way shave 500 pounds of the v's fat ass and make it come stock 1.2" lower and with a better shifter. Oh and you know what be cool, a V button like the M button that puts us up to 550hp

LOL... somebody wants a Z06.

I'm a bitch. I admit it. It's because I sit on the sidelines and wait until some intrepid V owner tries something out and pronounces it 'good' before I jump in myself. Over time I've figured out who to trust, and once one of them boys sez "Do it" or "Buy it," I do.

There's usually some verbal white noise that precedes, accompanies, or follows this pronouncement, but I try to ignore it.

I'm hoping that some of the right folks go for both rear ends so that I have some objective evidence on each solution, rather than just having to close my eyes, hold my nose, and go, "Eeney, meaney, minie, moe..." (Wildwhl is one of the right folks, but unfortunately it looks as though he's already decided to go for Danny's rear end. Does it make a lot of noise, Bill?)

Actually, in this case I'm a King Kahmeamea Beeatch because I'm not gonna buy anything until I hear whether Chrysler is going to produce the Challenger. If they don't produce it, or don't make it the right way, I'll buy a V rear end; otherwise, I'll buy a Challenger and then I'll have to think hard about whether to keep the V.

Jerry

(For what it's worth, I love Australian beer and babes. And my daddy, although not a coonass, was a bona fide redneck from Oklahoma who could build/fix/retrofit any goddamn thing mechanical that got thrown his way. I sent R&D money down south, and would have sent some up north too if they'd asked for it. I'm a bitch, but I'm an equal opportunity bitch.)

CTS-VPaco
05-26-06, 04:52 PM
And my daddy, although not a coonass, was a bona fide redneck from Oklahoma who could build/fix/retrofit any goddamn thing mechanical that got thrown his way.

W00t for Okies! :thumbsup:

Luna.
05-26-06, 05:01 PM
LOL... somebody wants a Z06.

I'm a bitch. I admit it. It's because I sit on the sidelines and wait until some intrepid V owner tries something out and pronounces it 'good' before I jump in myself. Over time I've figured out who to trust, and once one of them boys sez "Do it" or "Buy it," I do.

There's usually some verbal white noise that precedes, accompanies, or follows this pronouncement, but I try to ignore it.

I'm hoping that some of the right folks go for both rear ends so that I have some objective evidence on each solution, rather than just having to close my eyes, hold my nose, and go, "Eeney, meaney, minie, moe..." (Wildwhl is one of the right folks, but unfortunately it looks as though he's already decided to go for Danny's rear end. Does it make a lot of noise, Bill?)

Actually, in this case I'm a King Kahmeamea Beeatch because I'm not gonna buy anything until I hear whether Chrysler is going to produce the Challenger. If they don't produce it, or don't make it the right way, I'll buy a V rear end; otherwise, I'll buy a Challenger and then I'll have to think hard about whether to keep the V.

Jerry

(For what it's worth, I love Australian beer and babes. And my daddy, although not a coonass, was a bona fide redneck from Oklahoma who could build/fix/retrofit any goddamn thing mechanical that got thrown his way. I sent R&D money down south, and would have sent some up north too if they'd asked for it. I'm a bitch, but I'm an equal opportunity bitch.)

:histeric: This has got to be the post of the week...

urbanski
05-26-06, 05:03 PM
yep lawfive with a gem :p

keeksv
05-26-06, 07:32 PM
Nice to see you back on the board, Jerry!

wildwhl
05-28-06, 02:06 AM
Danny's not all that noisy now that we've replaced his OEM lube with some aftermarket synthetic :nono:

Maybe we can turn the stock rear diff housing into a grill of some sort...and send it to the Aussie's or madman as a gift when all is said and done :cookoo:

WW