: How all Caddy's should sound :)

SilverV
05-22-06, 11:51 AM
Finaly got around to getting the cam in :) , now with a new tune and little more spray I should be approching the 550 rwhp mark :bouncy:

cam idle (http://www.jenjen.net/cam.wmv)
cam rev (http://www.jenjen.net/camrev.wmv)

P-Funk
05-22-06, 11:58 AM
Sounds good :thumbsup:
How about revving the engine next time? :bouncy:

SilverV
05-22-06, 12:04 PM
How about revving the engine next time? :bouncy:

I am only one person, and did not have a tripod to set the camera on :(

James Baldwin
05-22-06, 01:27 PM
ths IS the way it should sound... love that rumble

Staxxin
05-22-06, 01:52 PM
Sounds Great!!!:thumbsup:

parexa
05-22-06, 01:59 PM
How about revving the engine next time? :bouncy::yeah:

CTSV05
05-22-06, 02:03 PM
Milk crate....concrete block.....flower pot......floor....we want revs!! LOL

Chef
05-22-06, 02:03 PM
Finaly got around to getting the cam in :) , now with a new tune and little more spray I should be approching the 550 rwhp mark :bouncy:

Great sounds!!

What cam did you get?

What was the $ plus install?

I'M IN THE MARKET TOO....

Chef

SilverV
05-22-06, 02:37 PM
Great sounds!!

What cam did you get?

What was the $ plus install?

I'M IN THE MARKET TOO....

Chef

Cam is a HPE "s" cam, 238/242 .605/.610 on a 114 (comp grind with XER lobes), if I am not mistaken, I can double check the numbers when I get home. I have had several big cams, and this one is my fav. so far, nice idle, and the car still drives like stock for the most part, nice and smooth even at low RPM's.

I did the install myself so I saved quite a bit.

P-Funk
05-22-06, 02:46 PM
What other mods have you done (or is it just the cam)?

SilverV
05-22-06, 03:10 PM
What other mods have you done (or is it just the cam)?

Here is the complete setup:

Volant CAI
LPE ported TB
HPE 'S' cam
FMS 30# injectors
Kooks 1 3/4 Long Tube w/Cats
Corsa Cat-Back
NX wet kit - pilled for 150 soon
LS1 Edit tune
Coolant bypass
160 T-stat
UUC shifter with bushings
Eibach Springs
GM cross drilled rotors w/EBC green pads
Hotchkis Sway Bars w/Z06 endlinks
Forgeline SP3P Wheels / PS2 tires
BMR anti-wheel hop bushings

04CTSVFLA
05-22-06, 03:36 PM
what are ur mods?

04CTSVFLA
05-22-06, 03:36 PM
oops. sorry

onebadcad
05-22-06, 03:51 PM
SilverV,
Where did you get the Z06 endlinks, thanks.

SilverV
05-22-06, 04:00 PM
SilverV,
Where did you get the Z06 endlinks, thanks.

picked them up from my local dealer parts counter, they are cheap.

Chef
05-22-06, 04:05 PM
now with a new tune

LS1 tune. Was this a local tune?

thx,
co

SilverV
05-22-06, 04:10 PM
LS1 tune. Was this a local tune?

thx,
co

I use LS1-Edit to tune it, software similiar to HPtuners stuff

Florian
05-22-06, 04:16 PM
picked them up from my local dealer parts counter, they are cheap.

Call James @ Lindsay, thats where I got mine...I think 30 for the pair???maybe or 30 bux each, cant remember....

F

Florian
05-22-06, 04:17 PM
LS1 Edit is great, I use EFILive for my tuning (actually I use Rick for my "tuning, but EFILive for monitoring)...almost a necessity to have...and easy to check/clear codes as well.

F

Venomous-V
05-22-06, 05:14 PM
rev please!

Mat347
05-22-06, 05:38 PM
Sounds nice...not too big, not too small!

CVP33
05-22-06, 08:04 PM
Now who the hell doesn't smile a little when you hear that! DAMN THAT WAS NICE! :thumbsup:

Ziplicon Tuesday
05-22-06, 08:37 PM
Silver V....Dude, whatever the mods and maybe a lack of imagination regarding a tripod substitute - that B1tch sounds like "don't even try" to any and all who would challenge. Did you do the work yourself?

SilverV
05-22-06, 08:55 PM
Silver V....Dude, whatever the mods and maybe a lack of imagination regarding a tripod substitute - that B1tch sounds like "don't even try" to any and all who would challenge. Did you do the work yourself?

Thanks for all the complements guys :thumbsup: and yes I did all the work myself, I will post up some more detailed pics of the car/nitrous kit once I get all the bugs worked out, and get it shined up again.

PS - just shot another video w/ - revs :) (http://www.jenjen.net/camrev.wmv):bouncy:

Florian
05-22-06, 09:44 PM
that gave me wood...

(now wheres DannyStang????)

F

slk230mb
05-22-06, 11:30 PM
Nice sound. I like the license plate in the first one...

starfox86
05-23-06, 12:06 AM
:worship: :bouncy: :bouncy: :dance: :spin: :excited: :woohoo: :banana: I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

P-Funk
05-23-06, 09:44 AM
Nice. :worship:
:dance:

Slapshot
05-23-06, 01:12 PM
That is seriously badass... It must strike the fear of God into anyone who pulls up next to you at a light. Thanks for sharing...

Aresuu
05-23-06, 02:01 PM
I don't drive to Dallas unless I have to, but someday I've got to hear that in person.
Very Nice! :thumbsup:

SilverV
05-23-06, 04:20 PM
I don't drive to Dallas unless I have to, but someday I've got to hear that in person.
Very Nice! :thumbsup:

yeah, we really need to organize a DFW "V" GTG once Parker is back on the road......

V Amazed
05-23-06, 04:58 PM
yeah, we really need to organize a DFW "V" GTG once Parker is back on the road......

Yeah, I agree. I wanna hear that bitch. Where in Dallas area are you?

Ben

SilverV
05-23-06, 05:30 PM
Yeah, I agree. I wanna hear that bitch. Where in Dallas area are you?

Ben

I live in Allen 75 and Mcdermott area

SilverV
05-24-06, 09:38 AM
At what speed is your idle set at. Sounds way high with that size cam.

In the video it was idle'ing about 900 rpms. I have the idle set for cold 1000, warm 900, and normal operating temp 850.

at 850 its only slightly more chopy, hardly noticiable difference.

SilverV
05-24-06, 10:51 AM
Can you post the cam card, would love to see the other specs.

I will see what I can do...don't have a scanner at the house, but should be able to get better specs for you.

You can always call HPE in houston as well, ask for Chuck and tell him Brian from Dallas with the CTS-V sent you. He will set you up with the whole kit for a great price if your interested.

On a side note, I have a dyno reserved tonight for a few hours and I should be able to get the tune completed, I will post numbers up tonight when I get home.

:bouncy:

CTSV05
05-24-06, 01:29 PM
Thanx!!!
I was thinking that cam with Me porting the heads and headers, I think it will be very nice.

SilverV
05-25-06, 11:07 AM
My observations, no flame intended!!

Do you have a LS6 or LS2? I'm betting that cam is soft as hell on the bottom with mediocre mid range and peaky as hell up top. You don't have enough compression for that big of a cam. For an LS6, your DCR is 7.42, that = soft low end, valve events of IVC 53' ABDC = wants to peak way past 6,300 and EVO 55' BBDC = bleeding off cylinder pressure way early, bye bye low end TQ. With a heavy car like our's, smaller is better. These figures assume no advance groung into the cam. The numbers improve slightly with advance, but not enough to offset the mis match of parts.

On a LS2, your DCR is 7.72, still way low, we should be shooting for something in the 8.50 range. With the correct valve timing and high DCR, that make for a mega strong bottom end and still pulls like a big cam upstaires.

Results..... more power down low, same power up high but with a smaller cam. There is a point with bigger cam = diminishing returns.

I'm curious to see your dyno result's.

I have an LS6, in which the factory cam sucks and makes no low end anway. This cam makes more torque accross the board, in fact its almost flat all the way across. I dont argue that a cam designed specifically for the V could be smaller and make = power and more tq. I also have nitrous so tq is not an issue at the track. :) It also is not as peaky as you would think, I will try and post a dyno graph tonight but here is the final results..

Motor - 400rwhp / 360rwtq
Nitrous - 525rwhp / 525rwtq

Parker
05-25-06, 10:26 PM
Woot, very nice #'s B. It seems like I might get my car back as early as next week, so how about that meet. Im thinking of maybe a trip out to the Motorplex!:alchi:

SilverV
05-26-06, 04:01 PM
Here is a couple of the dyno graphs from the last tuning session...

1st one is before and after cam...
http://www.jenjen.net/dyno1.jpg
Here is Nitrous pull....
http://www.jenjen.net/dyno2.jpg

obzidian
05-26-06, 04:58 PM
Those are good numbers but i also feel that you might of over camm'd your setup. Also, get those heads ported or have a new set put on top.

good numbers, should be fun to drive.

SilverV
05-26-06, 08:42 PM
Those are good numbers but i also feel that you might of over camm'd your setup. Also, get those heads ported or have a new set put on top.

good numbers, should be fun to drive.

I chose a cam this big to leave the door open for future mods, and I feel its not big enough to hurt me with my current setup. Plus I love the sound :thumbsup:

I am happy with the 525rwhp for now, I am trying to hurry and get to the track to see if I can be the first to post an 11 sec time slip :bouncy: