: Sandy, Supafly, and Sal, brace yourselves...

Ralph
01-26-04, 08:37 PM
or anyone elso on the Eastern Seaboard, you are supposed to be getting more snow, and even colder temperatures, and it's coming from Canada! :hide: Blame me later. :( Just remember to slow down on that shiny stuff, sometimes you can't even see the black ice! I just saw all of the accidents in your area on the news, not pretty! We don't need to hear about any more nice cars getting totalled! Gas line antifreeze, and plug 'er in!

I'd like to see Mad Lac on the ice, he'd probably still go 140 in a 50! ;)

This is CRAZY, we are -45 right NOW! :mad:

DaveSmed
01-26-04, 10:05 PM
Makes the guy with the plow happy though. ( < :D ) Some people do crazy stuff when it snows, see that snowtow vid. That acutually almost happened in front of my house, only with a Buick Lesabre, and a Dodge Dakota.

Mad'lac
01-26-04, 11:24 PM
I'd like to see Mad Lac on the ice, he'd probably still go 140 in a 50! ;)

:histeric: We do get ice storms down here too. We are smart enough to shut down the city :D San Antonio only gets about 2 ice storms a year if even that. And just for the record.....I go 155 in a 35 :lildevil:

Stoneage_Caddy
01-27-04, 12:05 AM
"-45 right NOW! "

thats tropical , good to be back in florida tho... my years of -65 to -80 degree weather are over

i remember christmas of 02 , was out grillin steaks when it was -50 ...it can be done kids , just need a man size fire

Ralph
01-27-04, 01:26 AM
"-45 right NOW! "

thats tropical , good to be back in florida tho... my years of -65 to -80 degree weather are over

i remember christmas of 02 , was out grillin steaks when it was -50 ...it can be done kids , just need a man size fire

-65 to -80!! Where did you live? Baffin Islands? Greenland? Arctic Circle? :bonkers:

Stoneage_Caddy
01-27-04, 12:43 PM
a few miles north of fairbanks alaska , remote target range , largest land target range in the US for the air force , only axcsible by blackhawk chopper (makes for the best 15 minute 245 mph commute to work) i lived there for one week and back at eielson afb alaska for the next week which is 26 miles south of fairbanks (week on week off schedule)

BeelzeBob
01-27-04, 04:08 PM
I can't wait. I want 3 feet. Anything to get a day off...

Ralph
01-27-04, 04:55 PM
I can't wait. I want 3 feet. Anything to get a day off...

I WISH they would shut things down here when it's this cold!! I had to drive the Caddy today, briefly, and it is -36 C, with a -52 windchill!! So far so good, although I am worried about cracking the rad when it heats up and the cv bots cracking as this is common. :( I would call -25 "tropical" but this is crazy. It certainly is a good test of a cars reliability. You cannot really take a car to work because even if you plug it in, the battery will freeze solid! :bonkers:

Ralph
01-27-04, 04:58 PM
a few miles north of fairbanks alaska , remote target range , largest land target range in the US for the air force , only axcsible by blackhawk chopper (makes for the best 15 minute 245 mph commute to work) i lived there for one week and back at eielson afb alaska for the next week which is 26 miles south of fairbanks (week on week off schedule)

Those Blackhawk's sure move! Isn't there a part of Alaska where it is a semi-arid desert? I heard it somewhere and don't know if it's true, but certain parts are not too cold there?

Sandy
01-27-04, 05:24 PM
I am a lucky person. I work out of my office in my house and we have two 'fridges and we shopped in 3 places on Sunday. Plum Full of food/snacks/drinks, etc, etc. Cadillac & Lincoln are both in the garage along with the Honda! EEEks....WHAT HON-DUH you ask??? Relax, it's the snow thrower! I don't plan on going out until
Feb. 2nd. and best?? NO DOG TO WALK !! (After 22 years of having 2 dogs, I can stay in the house and watchthe neighbor's dogs pull the neighbors all over the ice!!) (Just kinda wish that I had a Jeep !)

ShadowLvr400
01-27-04, 07:23 PM
*Dons my shorts and t-shirt* I love FL. Wore sandals, shorts, and a t-shirt today.

Ralph
01-27-04, 08:31 PM
*Dons my shorts and t-shirt* I love FL. Wore sandals, shorts, and a t-shirt today.

:devil: :mad: :bonkers:

Ralph
01-27-04, 08:45 PM
I am a lucky person. I work out of my office in my house and we have two 'fridges and we shopped in 3 places on Sunday. Plum Full of food/snacks/drinks, etc, etc. Cadillac & Lincoln are both in the garage along with the Honda! EEEks....WHAT HON-DUH you ask??? Relax, it's the snow thrower! I don't plan on going out until
Feb. 2nd. and best?? NO DOG TO WALK !! (After 22 years of having 2 dogs, I can stay in the house and watchthe neighbor's dogs pull the neighbors all over the ice!!) (Just kinda wish that I had a Jeep !)

:histeric: That's funny about the dogs. Hey, if you had a few more you could have a sleigh-dog team and save a lot of gas. My dad is just like you, I think the only Japanese things he owns is the Citizen Eco-Drive on his wrist, and a Honda generator that's so big, you could put wheels, a steering wheel on it and drive her on the highway! :eek:

Stoneage_Caddy
01-27-04, 10:14 PM
there are parts of alaska that never recieve over 6 inches of any kind of precipitation , but i cant remeber where it was , but it still does get really cold there too

as for the rad or cv boots cracking at -52 wind chill i personally have never seen it , i never had a cv boot or raditior fail during even -65 degree weather , and if you have a optima battery you dont need to worry about it freezeing , or if you have a battery with well over the cold cranking amps nessesary to start the car (my g20 was packing a 850 cca interstate battery with no problems starting) . i suppose the rad might freeze if the mix of coolant is wrong

ive acutally overheated a pickup truck when it was -55 out !!! stupid ford

the only thing thats weird that i have seen at -55 to -65 is the tires freeze in the positiont hey sat in over night , so the flat spots where the car was resting on the tires never "bounce" back , instead you end up driveing a car that seems like it has square tires

oh then there is digital dashes , they never work at that temp

Ralph
01-27-04, 11:44 PM
there are parts of alaska that never recieve over 6 inches of any kind of precipitation , but i cant remeber where it was , but it still does get really cold there too

as for the rad or cv boots cracking at -52 wind chill i personally have never seen it , i never had a cv boot or raditior fail during even -65 degree weather , and if you have a optima battery you dont need to worry about it freezeing , or if you have a battery with well over the cold cranking amps nessesary to start the car (my g20 was packing a 850 cca interstate battery with no problems starting) . i suppose the rad might freeze if the mix of coolant is wrong

ive acutally overheated a pickup truck when it was -55 out !!! stupid ford

the only thing thats weird that i have seen at -55 to -65 is the tires freeze in the positiont hey sat in over night , so the flat spots where the car was resting on the tires never "bounce" back , instead you end up driveing a car that seems like it has square tires

oh then there is digital dashes , they never work at that temp

Oh great, my digi dash will probably be history tomorrow! :cookoo: I know, you can't worry about these things. I went under my car tonite with my Maglite, and the boots look good, the rad does to with the exception of some wetness around the tranny cooler lines. (most likely due to the cold) You might have had good luck with your cv boots, but back in 1990 I had to replace both of them on my '80 Pontiac. I think if they go through many years of temp variation and constant flexing, they will eventually fail. Them G20's must even make better quality rubber! :annoyed: I'm never buying another Ford product again myself! However if someone were to give me a new Cobra Mustang I might not say NO!

Update: It's now even colder at -42 with a windchill of -55! Edmonton broke a 50 year cold record for their area at -40 w/o the wind! Our window sounds like it is cracking every half hour, and it is so iced up you cannot see out! Like I said, CRAZY.

Stoneage_Caddy
01-28-04, 11:06 AM
the biggest eminy for cv boots is heat ,time and humidiity , ive had to replace more cv boots here in florida than i have anywhere else

we had many domestic cars with front drive up there too (i worked on airforce fleet vehicles in addition to firetrucks) not many failures , we do more windshields than any rubber parts (alaska uses gravel instead of road salt) , we also had tons of fuel system failures (mostly pumps and pump socks) due to the 45 year old undergorund fuel tanks that the vehicles got there fuel from

i should have said more regarding your dash , it wont go bad , but when its that cold out the liquid crystal or whatever they use doesnt act as quckly , youll be moving at 62 kmh but the display will still eb moving from 25-45 kmh

elwesso
01-28-04, 06:06 PM
We got slammed here in indiana..... I finally put my snow tires on after the 2 days of snow :rolleyes: .. The Q makes a pretty good winter car with the snows, but sucks with all seasons....

It was 2F this morning... Weve had delays all week!! :woohoo:

Sandy
01-28-04, 11:02 PM
Wasn't so bad in Newark, NJ. 6 to 7 inches, lite & fluffy snow, but the temps are still bitter cold!! +5 to +15 ~ nothing melts & goes away, just mounts up.

My Caddy & Lincoln are both spotless & in the garage. I am driving my winter beater I icked up for $365.00. A 1st year on the market, Dodge NEON 4-dr. in light metallic salmon pink. Woo-Hoo :histeric: It goes to the food stores, dry cleaners, bank drive thru, deli and home again on a Gal of gas, heater & wipers are good, brakes okay windows (power) all work. Both sides hit, busted front bumper > same with rear & no music, busted radio. I sing. Vroom Vroom, just a little more power than golf cart. I think it may be the 3-Cyl model :)

Ralph
01-29-04, 12:26 AM
Well, we haven't got much snow, but I think we might have everyone beat temp wise, get this: according to "Global National News" out of Winnipeg, they said that Key Lake Saskatchewan was the COLDEST TEMPERATURE ON THE PLANET!! I don't know where Key Lake is, but last night we were -53 w/o wind and -59 with wind!!! I'm still trying to figure out what they meant because I have a hard time believing WE were colder than the North Pole, or South Pole, unless they weren't including these? Oh well, it's COLD!!!!! LOL!

Ralph
01-29-04, 12:33 AM
the biggest eminy for cv boots is heat ,time and humidiity , ive had to replace more cv boots here in florida than i have anywhere else

we had many domestic cars with front drive up there too (i worked on airforce fleet vehicles in addition to firetrucks) not many failures , we do more windshields than any rubber parts (alaska uses gravel instead of road salt) , we also had tons of fuel system failures (mostly pumps and pump socks) due to the 45 year old undergorund fuel tanks that the vehicles got there fuel from

i should have said more regarding your dash , it wont go bad , but when its that cold out the liquid crystal or whatever they use doesnt act as quckly , youll be moving at 62 kmh but the display will still eb moving from 25-45 kmh

I imagine that in Florida, if you get a little crack or leak on the boot, the fluid will quickly leak and then the joints get dry. That's BAD. Winter in colder climates and you could probably go all winter with a leak because it's cold enough for some fluid to stay up there to lube? Well I have to drive tomorow, but I won't worry about my baby. :crying:

SupaFly
02-02-04, 09:20 AM
I had to go Upstate Monday for a court appearance. I will never go up there in the winter. EVER. I had no problems with my car though.

airbalancer
02-02-04, 11:11 AM
Poor Ralph, I was in Cuba got back on Jan 29, I had all this white soft sand around and lots of Cuba rum
Had the truck 03 Seria Z71 ( the ownly truck to have) at the park n fly, jumped and started. Put in 4 wheel and got of the lot no problem.
On the 30th after digging out the driveway , 2 car wide 3 deep ( need a snowblower ) started the caddy after sitting outside all week. It jump to life also. Got love GM. Don't you love driving on square wheels and seats that the springs don't move because it is to cold out

Ralph
02-02-04, 10:28 PM
I had to go Upstate Monday for a court appearance. I will never go up there in the winter. EVER. I had no problems with my car though.

Looks stuck to me! LOL! Hope the heater works now. ;)

Ralph
02-02-04, 10:30 PM
Poor Ralph, I was in Cuba got back on Jan 29, I had all this white soft sand around and lots of Cuba rum
Had the truck 03 Seria Z71 ( the ownly truck to have) at the park n fly, jumped and started. Put in 4 wheel and got of the lot no problem.
On the 30th after digging out the driveway , 2 car wide 3 deep ( need a snowblower ) started the caddy after sitting outside all week. It jump to life also. Got love GM. Don't you love driving on square wheels and seats that the springs don't move because it is to cold out

I could have squeezed into your suitcase! :mad: :D I hope you smoked a big Monte Cristo Havana and thought of me while you were on the beach while I froze my n*** off!? But thanks for your sentiment. ;)

Saw something funny today that made me realize I'm glad I have a heavier car. This girl behind me in a black Civic didn't like me only going 4o kph on some ice with ruts. So she decides to change lanes, her car got hung up on the ruts and couldn't cross over to the other lane, well she must have hit the brakes or something because she was thrown into a violent spin about 3 times!! I've never seen anything quite like that, but it goes to show that if you don't have much weight to your car, you'd better slow down!

airbalancer
02-03-04, 06:53 AM
Have not had a smoke since 1987, Give me that 7 year old rum .
The island of Cayo Largo in Cuba is a clothing optional beach.
There was some nice toppless ladies from Quebec. :lildevil: But why were the nudist ,all over 60. :bonkers:

Freezing rain coming this morning!!!!!!

Ralph
02-03-04, 08:41 PM
There was some nice toppless ladies from Quebec. :lildevil: But why were the nudist ,all over 60. :bonkers:

Ahhh the French, you have to admire that they have the courage to go nude at some of the finest beaches in the world. :tongue2: Except for the over 60's part! :cookoo:

We now have sheer ice all over as the snow hardened and it is quite dangerous! I will not venture out for a while with the Caddy. Freezing rain, that's the worst!

airbalancer
02-04-04, 06:52 AM
I want a snowblower , got another 6" of snow yesterday.Or should I become a Plow King like Homer Simpson :histeric:
I want an import like a Honda, or go with a Toro.
Or get the wife a big *ucking 4x4 and not worry about shovelling the driveway

Stoneage_Caddy
02-04-04, 10:57 AM
"There was some nice toppless ladies from Quebec. But why were the nudist ,all over 60. "

ive never understood it either , at that age those kinda women need a bra to avoid stepping on a nipple . then again maybe stepping on them is kinky to these people ....

airbalancer
02-04-04, 11:00 AM
My eyes are still burning!!!!! :crying:

Ralph
02-05-04, 12:40 AM

Hey, it just occured to me, how the heck do you know they were from Quebec!? I mean, you musta got pretty close to ask 'em, eh? :D :histeric:
Tell me you weren't part of the nude tour group! :confused: ;)

airbalancer
02-05-04, 06:24 AM
1)They were speaking french
2)Most ladies from Quebec take much better care of their body
3) I need one those full body suits for the 1900's not to scared people off the beach

Ralph
02-06-04, 11:21 PM
1)They were speaking french
2)Most ladies from Quebec take much better care of their body
3) I need one those full body suits for the 1900's not to scared people off the beach

:histeric: