: Performance Mufflers ?

robert
05-21-06, 09:10 AM
I am considering performance mufflers for my 05 V-8 STS. Does anyone have any reccomendations for a muffler that is not too loud but has a good tone and increases the HP(trying to please my wife who doesn't like loud pipes). I am considering the CORSA muffler. Anyone have any suggestions. Thanks

flyboy767
05-21-06, 09:31 AM
I have the Corsa exhaust.on my STS. Absolutely love it--good sound during acceleration--quite at cruising speed.

Cajonkev
05-22-06, 12:49 AM
Since you already PM'd me I won't repeat the details; but Corsa got it right...

tedasaurus
05-22-06, 05:29 PM
I have magna-flow mufflers on my STS4 V8. I love them. Deep thunder at idle that gets quiet at cruising speeds and on the highway. There is no annoying resonance at any speed. I have gotten alot of compliments from my car collector friends and even non car people. Best news is they are made very well and are less expensive than the corsa exhaust system or mufflers even.

Cajonkev
05-22-06, 07:03 PM
I haven't seen any bench numbers on flow or such doing a side by side (I doubt there are any yet) but I imagine intonation and performance is pretty close on each (CORSA vs. Magna).

The sales guys will give you the back and forth on "packed" versus "non" and such but the reality is they are both well built systems that are all stainless and come from established builders.

Price goes to Magnaflow by $100-$200 depending on which vendor you use, usually free shipping and tax of course (CORSA sells direct, MagnaFlow doesn't). Install varies and both can be self-installed if you are so inclined/able.

I do know this, CORSA has worked price before (not mine but others I know of) and is also the only certified by GM after-exhaust so there is dealer pricing available as well.

I was fortunate enough to get mine at the dealer price without mark-up or install so came out ahead all the way around.

Either way you will be happy the first time you fire it up and having had both the STS with and without I was amazed that I actually have had an improvement in fuel economy (1-2 mpg per avg.) as well.

Good luck with whatever you get and let us know how the process goes/went and of course how they sound/feel!

Benjamin Simon
05-23-06, 01:30 PM
what is dealer cost on the corsa?

Cajonkev
05-23-06, 03:50 PM
what is dealer cost on the corsa?

Replied via PM

BirdJC
05-25-06, 03:25 PM
Anybody have part numbers for the corsa system or mangaflow's?? I've looked at corsa sites but all I find are for the CTS-V's. Or better yet, anybody have or made a sound clip of there exhuast?

Cajonkev
05-26-06, 12:38 AM
Not sure why you couldn't find the CORSA info as they have a "Cadillac" button right on the products page but here it is just in case:

http://www.corsaperformance.com/sts.htm

Last I looked Magnaflow hadn't listed the STS yet nor had any of their dealers. You still had to call for pricing and availability.

CORSA has audio of the pre-05 STS on their site. I traded e-mails with their head of sales last week and he said they were planning on having the new one up fairly soon.