daelemana
05-21-06, 08:09 AM
Hello,
I'm looking for some parts for 1968 Cadillac De Ville Convertible :
Top switch (down position dead in mine)
Turn signal switch (with tilt...)
Door switch
bubles for every courtesy in dask light
I already check ebay but I don't find everything and price are sometime so big.
Could you please help me with that.
Antoine (member of the Cadillac LaSalle Belgium Club)

Junkman
05-21-06, 08:41 AM
Checking eBay for Cadillac parts can be expensive, but those parts are the same for many of the big body GM cars. Check all the GM brands and you will find them eventually. I can say that the top switch is a very common piece to go bad, so good working ones are usually going to be expensive. The same for the tilt directional switch. The door switches are still available for about $5.00 US each. The bulbs are standard items. Based on memory, they are a dual contact bulb, but I know that they are a standard item. That is one car that I know well. I had a few 68's and one in particular, a triple black convertible that I loved..... Junk.......

daelemana
05-21-06, 11:34 AM
Thanks for your answer !
Do you know a place where I can find all those parts.
Best regards.
Antoine

Junkman
05-21-06, 03:55 PM
Thanks for your answer !
Do you know a place where I can find all those parts.
Best regards.
Antoine

I will need pictures of the parts that you want, and with the top switch, both sides of the switch, so I know exactly what to look for. Part numbers also help and are a must on the directional switch, since there were two different manufacturers of that switch and they are not interchangable... They were identified by the color of the plastic.... Pink and white, but I don't remember which company used which color.

I believe that the door jam switch is like the one pictured below.... Junk..

daelemana
05-22-06, 02:40 PM
I'll take some pictures in 2 days.
Thanks

caddydaddy
05-22-06, 03:01 PM
Also try www.usapartssupply.com and www.caddydaddy.com

USA parts supply has a great catalog you can order with almost everything you could need for your classic Caddy!