: Can't figure out how to keep bluetooth from having loud feedback. Any ideas?

lagier
05-21-06, 01:25 AM
Can't figure out how to keep bluetooth from having loud feedback. Any ideas?

Thank you.

ascariSTS
05-21-06, 05:53 AM
who's feedback?...

Could you explain more?

lagier
05-21-06, 10:21 AM
The feedback is coming from the car speakers. The sound is looping from my blackberry to the microphone in the car. I can't put my blackberry on mute because it mutes everything. Thanks.

BarryNS
05-21-06, 11:20 AM
Normally when the car 'finds' the registered blue tooth phone, the phone is cut off and all communication occurs thru the speakers. There is no need to take the phone out of your pocket or turn it on in order to make a call. It works even with the cover closed. Also the 'hands-free' button on the Auxillary window should automatically be selected when a number is dialed unless you have pushed the 'private' button. I wonder if you somehow are using the phone itself in the car to initiate a call instead of just dialing on the NAV screen.

My Motorola phone has an option in its setup that tells it that I am going to use 'handsfree' when a bluetoon connection is available. I think that is probably what shuts off the speaker.

Also, the Blackberry may have an option that causes the Blackberry speakers to cut out when it detects a valid blue-tooth device.

Skibanker
05-21-06, 03:27 PM
Hello Lagier,
I know exactly why you are having feedback. In my case, I have a 7520 Nextel Blackberry and I had horrible feedback. A trip to the Nextel website to download and install the latest version of firmware fixed the problem permanently. Hope this works for you.

lagier
05-21-06, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Skibanker, I know this is a lame question, but what kind of cord do I need to download from my desktop to blackberry? I am assuming that is how I have to connect to the desktop computer? There were no clear instructions on the nextel website.

Thanks.

lagier
05-21-06, 09:18 PM
Skibanker, found the usb cord that came with blackberry. I'll let you know how it works. Thanks!

lagier
05-22-06, 11:08 AM
Upgraded my blackberry software and the bluetooth works well! I think it sounds better than my motorola 850. Thanks Skibanker. OT: have you tried the eoffice software where you can view pdf's etc., on your blackberry?

Thanks again!