: Any pics of the 2005 STS?

GQGreek
03-25-03, 10:44 PM
I was on Motor Trend's website, and it said Cadillac will be redesigning the STS in 2005. It specifically said that it would get a new body and close to 500 horses!!! No pics on the site though. Anybody have a pic or know where to find one?

AKPsiMC03
03-25-03, 11:54 PM
i hope it becomes RWD! there is no way i wanna deal with that much torque steer!

BeelzeBob
03-26-03, 02:00 AM
I believe there are a few pics of what is said to be the new STS in the "Future Models" section. But, it may not be accurate.. The ones with the worst quality are the best possibilities...

Jinx
03-26-03, 12:11 PM
The next STS is built on the same platform as CTS and SRX, i.e. it will be RWD. The 500-horse motor is probably the XV12. I bet that doesn't appear right away -- GM will want to squeeze as much profit as possible out of V12 Escalades first.

I wonder how much power the new Northstar will be making in 2005?

Eldo1953
03-27-03, 12:26 AM
I think this would be better in the Future Models Board....

PONCHO
04-22-03, 12:56 PM
Iheard rumors of the STS maybe going bye bye. There was a article with Bob Lutz and he was mentioning how the performance aspect of the STS dosent cut it anymore and people are falling out of interest with the car.

Devil_concours
04-22-03, 01:13 PM
I'm guessing 315hp like the one in xlr.

Brett
04-22-03, 06:29 PM
I think Jinx and devil pretty much summed it up. Im hoping for maybe 330-350 horse though. The SRX gives the best glimpse yet, as the proportions will supposedly be the same for the STS. Obviously, as a sedan and not an SUV though.

Jinx
04-22-03, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by PONCHO
Iheard rumors of the STS maybe going bye bye. There was a article with Bob Lutz and he was mentioning how the performance aspect of the STS dosent cut it anymore and people are falling out of interest with the car.

Ain't a rumor. It happened. There is no more STS, only SLS. There will surely be an STS on the new platform, though.

peccles
05-06-03, 09:22 PM
I thought I read the base engine of the new STS will be a 275HP version
of the '04 CTS's 3.6L V-6.

gspencer914
05-07-03, 08:03 PM
peccles that is the rumor on the street right now. But as everyone has talked about no STS for 2004. So lets just see if cadillac really gets rid of the STS or just holds it out of production to wow us with another stunning inovation. I hope it does have the V12 with 500 hp. I'd pre-order one if that was the case!!!

Katshot
05-07-03, 08:13 PM
Cadillac is just admitting what many people that own current model Sevilles and Eldorados won't. FWD is NOT the proper platform for a "world-class" sport sedan. So they will be dropping the Performance version for right now until they can provide the "proper" platform for it. When they do bring back the STS, I believe it will signal the end of the SLS entirely. I believe the Deville will stay on for awhile as the "older" market car and will continue to be FWD. The STS will be the ONLY Seville and it will be the closest thing Cadillac will have to the Sixteen until they decide whether or not to build an "ultra" luxury car. Obviously, the STS's price will move up-scale as well to a proper distance above the CTS.

Brett
05-07-03, 08:51 PM
I think you hit the nail on the head on all accounts Kev. Except the FWD not being world Class, just look at the RL:histeric: