: Fluid, Fluid, Fluid which one to use

rgd
05-20-06, 06:02 PM
Please don't flame me for not researching past threads, I have looked a little but can't find what I'm after. Which is, i guess, someone to make up my mind on which Transmission Fluid and Diff Fluid to use for the Track. I am going out next Friday for a typical track event. Almost 30K miles on my car, so far replaced the Diff two times with Cadi suggested fluid, thinking of tying something new. This will be my first Transmission change (shame on me).

Help me please.

Comes in a bottle it's purple???

Thanks,

rgd

wildwhl
05-20-06, 06:37 PM
Royal Purple. I've used it in my transmission for the last 12,000 miles and it is great. I am also using RP in the rear diff #3. I swapped it at 500 and again at about 2000 miles and the diff is still holding strong (save for a minor leak) 12K+ miles later.

WW

Army MSG's V
05-23-06, 08:49 AM
I've tried Royal Purple Max ATF in my tranny. It seemed to improve shift quality slightly. I was pretty happy with the improvement. I recently drained it an put in some Royal Purple Synchromax fluid. The Synchromax makes the shifts even smoother and seems to run quieter. I have the RP Max Gear fluid as well. Can't hear or feel any difference from the differential. It still wines like crazy.

I can say that Royal Purple does not improve horsepower/reduce parasitic loss on the CTS-V as claimed in their press releases. I assume that the stock fill fluids are just as good from a lubricity/parasitic loss point of view. My only real concern is that if my tranny fails the Synchromax may void my warranty even if it doesn't cause the tranny failure. It isn't DEXRON ATF fluid and the sticker on the tranny says use only DEXRON III ATF fluid.

First Class Motoring
05-23-06, 05:00 PM
did you mix the atf fluid and synchromax or how much fluid and how much synchromax ?

Dennisscars
05-23-06, 10:17 PM
did you mix the atf fluid and synchromax or how much fluid and how much synchromax ?

Use neat..
"Synchromax is recommended for manual transmissions that specify an automatic transmission fluid or motor oil."