: LOOK! THAT '80 CPE IN YELLOW with 980 MILES. I SMELL FISHY SMELL> SEE HERE

Sandy
05-19-06, 04:20 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1980-CADILLAC-COUPE-DE-VILLE-889-MILES-DIESEL-NO-RES_W0QQitemZ4631383021QQcategoryZ6146QQcmdZViewIt em

AND HERE IT'S WEARING THE TWO LITTLE PIECES OF FILLER PANEL CHROME TRIM AND IS OWNED BY A CHEVROLET DEALER.....YOU CAN ALSO SEE THAT CURRENT OWNER PUT ON 100 MILES & WHAT HE PAID FOR IT! $8,900

brougham
05-19-06, 04:34 PM
Look how dark and crappy the fins look in those pictures! That Chevy dealer is the same one that's on the sticker on the trunk in the auction now.

Sandy
05-19-06, 04:45 PM
I say that the New owner (at $8,900) dyed the rugs and lower door panels that awful dark yellow color. Look at the rugs in the Adams Chevy posting, and then the current. Furthermore, I think in the 100 miles he put on, he got smacked in the rear, as in the Adams photo, she has the filler panel trunk lower lip chrome extension moiulding, now missing!! The original rug/mat/door carpet is a light beige, not a dark gold/yellow. Also, he may have also dyed the dash panel, it doesn't look "right" either.

brougham
05-19-06, 05:09 PM
I don't think he did anything different with the interior. In some of the pictures it looks like it's different but in other pictures it looks the same. On the drivers door the carpet on the bottom even has dirt in the same places. The fins look pretty crappy in the Chevy dealer pictures so maybe they were just falling apart like all the original ones and he put new ones on it and he forgot about the chrome or it wouldn't fit right.

Junkman
05-19-06, 05:42 PM
It still is the lousy diesel engine that GM had all sorts of problems with. Had it been the better engine that they came out with later on, then it would be a good buy, but not at the Buy it Now price. My guess is that within 20K miles, you will be tearing it down to do repairs. I talked to a friend of mine that has a lot of experience with the GM diesel, and he said it is a disaster waiting to happen. Said that the entire top end would need to be replaced to make it a reliable driving car, and that the parts are expensive and scarce.